It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis Confirm Khashoggi's Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't have a source yet but it was apparently announced on Saudi state TV. The king has ordered an investigation that is to be completed in one month's time.

They've also relieved a general of his position, presumably for his involvement.

I'll return shortly with a source.

ETA:

Details are coming out quickly here. Looks like 18 Saudis have been detained and there were 4-5 other high level dismissals. There's apparently something to this story involving a fist fight.

ETA:

CNN's Adam Levine on Twitter

Adam Levine Verified account @cnnadam

BREAKING: #Saudi king issued royal order to dismiss Col Assiri from his duties as the deputy of the Intelligance service. #Khashoggi, per @HamdiAlkhshali

6:04 PM - 19 Oct 2018

From UAE outlet, The National

BREAKING: New #Saudi Decrees Remove Maj. General Ahmed Assiri from Position as Deputy Chief of Intelligence and Adviser Saud Al Qahtani from Their Positions.

Developing...
6:01 PM - 19 Oct 2018

ETA 3:

CNBC - Saudi Arabia admits journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed after a fight broke out in consulate

Missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead, Saudi Arabia said Friday.

Through its state press, the kingdom said its preliminary investigations have linked 18 people to the case, all of whom are Saudi nationals.

edit on 2018-10-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
WE ALREADY KNEW this.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They're going with fistfight with 18 people? Yikes.

Jamal Khashoggi is dead, Saudi Arabian state television confirms

The news, which cited preliminary findings from an official investigation, was announced on state television on Friday. It said a fight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate, leading to the death of the reporter.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

let me know when they find the rogue killers

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A fist fight broke out when he irately attacked 18 innocent Saudi operatives, they were forced to dismember him alive in self defence.

So sad. Saud.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

His surname resonated with me due it it being the same as the largest individual arms dealer on the planet back in the 80s & 90's - Adnan Khashoggi.

So I decided to take a look and see if they are biologically related, and well, wadda ya know...

Adnan Khashoggi - Wikipedia

I think we're pretty deep in global intel-agency subterfuge here. This has Mossad all over it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm perfectly content with their explanation as well. I still suspect that Turkish has their own agents embedded in there and that some double agent has been paid hansomely in an undisclosed bank account to make this entire fiasco possible. So can we start overthrowing erdogan now?? I'm ready for some good global reshifting of alliances anyways. It builds character.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just can't, for the life of me, find it in my heart to trust the Saudis, y'know?

Maybe they are considered allies, but something is just "off" about them.

This whole Khashoggi mess stinks to high Heaven, as well.
edit on 19-10-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Adnan Khashoggi (Arabic: عدنان خاشقجي‎; 25 July 1935 – 6 June 2017) was a Saudi Arabian businessman and arms dealer, known for his lavish business deals and lifestyle. He is estimated to have had a peak net worth of around US$4 billion in the early 1980s.

Arms dealer and billionaire.

Interesting

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
WE ALREADY KNEW this.

You thought you did, now its confirmed.

The penalty? A slap over the fingers, and back to business as usual :/

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So trump gets credit for the 18 arrests and the firings?
Only fair as he was responsible a couple days ago,right?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
I just can't, for the life of me, find it in my heart to trust the Saudis, y'know?

Maybe it’s the turban and dresses from medivial times they still wear. Or the fact they are on the UN board of human rights, while they still cut off hands and behead people? Or the treatment of women? Yea, not a friendly bunch to associate with. The only things not from the Stone Age there are military weapons and fancy buildings.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
A fist fight broke out when he irately attacked 18 innocent Saudi operatives, they were forced to dismember him alive in self defence.

So sad. Saud.

Obviously he accidentally dismembered himself in the chaos. Must've fallen into one of those racks of razor sharp swords the Saudis keep around.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think we're pretty deep in global intel-agency subterfuge here. This has Mossad all over it.

Or Iranian MOIS.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How many people has U.S. intelligence assassinated? I mean what is it with this guy that makes him such a big deal? This happens everyday and nearly every country you just don't hear about it unless their is a political agenda to be pushed. I am not buying into the outrage when this is more the norm than the exception.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How many people has U.S. intelligence assassinated? I mean what is it with this guy that makes him such a big deal? This happens everyday and nearly every country you just don't hear about it unless their is a political agenda to be pushed. I am not buying into the outrage when this is more the norm than the exception.

There will no longer be any outrage. The MSM will drop this like a hot rock. They thought they had trump "cornered". Now 18 arrests,firings ect...win fr Trump and Pompeo. The Saudis blinked. The world is learning orange cheeto jesus dont play.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I mean what is it with this guy that makes him such a big deal?

Nothing really.

He got caught between the powers that be.

Turkish MIT.

Saudi's GIP.

Iran's MOIS.

Isreal's Mossad.

At this point no one knows who killed him.

Every single one is believable because they pull this snip all the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

You work for the Onion?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This story will be long gone before this month ends. Most Americans didn't care if Saudi's killed one of their own anyway. Khashoggi is just the latest...there will be many more to follow.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: MteWamp

Maybe it’s the turban and dresses from medivial times they still wear. Or the fact they are on the UN board of human rights, while they still cut off hands and behead people? Or the treatment of women? Yea, not a friendly bunch to associate with. The only things not from the Stone Age there are military weapons and fancy buildings.

The Saudis have a virtual death grip on the US economy, they've proven it multiple times in the past with their ability to manipulate and control oil prices.

As long as that exists, whatever administration is in power will have to look the other way from Saudi atrocities and human rights issues, and just about anything they want to get away with. Kiss them, their royal asses or else...

I was hoping Trump wouldn't be one of those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join