It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever learned something new from your dream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Last night I had a dream. I mostly couldn't remember it all but I did remember the last part. I saw a giraffe and then it faded away showing another giraffe only a bit smaller. While in the dream I came to the realization that there were different size giraffe's because they are a little different.

So I wake up and look up giraffe's and it turns out there are different species of giraffe's ranging from 13-19 feet tall which I had no clue before having the dream.

My question today is did any of you have a dream and actually learn something new from it? If so what?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I get dreams about non-Euclidean geometry and higher dimensional transformations fairly frequently, then usually the next day, I stumble upon an article, video, or book that fills in the details of what I just learned in my dream. It happens a lot. I learn the principles while asleep, then the details find me while I'm awake.

But the dreams don't really feel like dreams. Its more like I enter a state of thinking while asleep, and my mind is downloading and integrating information from some external source...perhaps the "collective unconscious"?

I went almost an entire year of "downloading" info until I came across this one day.

It's like my mind was being prepared to understand something.
edit on 18-10-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: added video

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah all the time.

Some examples are, um, lets see... I guess I forgot.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Last night I had a dream. I mostly couldn't remember it all but I did remember the last part. I saw a giraffe and then it faded away showing another giraffe only a bit smaller. While in the dream I came to the realization that there were different size giraffe's because they are a little different.

So I wake up and look up giraffe's and it turns out there are different species of giraffe's ranging from 13-19 feet tall which I had no clue before having the dream.

My question today is did any of you have a dream and actually learn something new from it? If so what?

I don't know about learning anything new, but my brother a long time ago taught me a sleep trick.

Any time you have a real thorny problem (for me, an electrical nightmare, a coding problem, a mechanical unsolved issue) you forget about it, have a nice dinner, relax.

Then when going to sleep, think about it from any angle you can.

Generally, I will wake up 2-3am with the answer.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I had a dream about a large construction project that had a bunch of weird looking buildings in NYC a couple days ago... looked up the location on Google Maps and turns out it’s called Hudson Yards... don’t remember ever hearing about it before but it is a pretty cool project and apparently huge undertaking...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Not sure if it was something new necessarily, but I once wrote a finger pick style guitar song in a dream. I remember practicing it over and over til I got it down. I woke up and could play it perfectly from dreamt muscle memory.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I get dreams about non-Euclidean geometry and higher dimensional transformations fairly frequently, then usually the next day, I stumble upon an article, video, or book that fills in the details of what I just learned in my dream. It happens a lot. I learn the principles while asleep, then the details find me while I'm awake.

But the dreams don't really feel like dreams. Its more like I enter a state of thinking while asleep, and my mind is downloading and integrating information from some external source...perhaps the "collective unconscious"?

I went almost an entire year of "downloading" info until I came across this one day.

It's like my mind was being prepared to understand something.

I suspect you are experiencing a form of "remote viewing". The fundamental finding of the remote viewing research is that consciousness is not strictly located in time and space. Somehow, consciousness can access information that is not immediately available to the normal physical senses. The remote viewing channel is fairly low data rate and fairly noisy for most people. However, it seems that the most common spontaneous experience of remote viewing for most people is precognitive dreaming. That certainly has been my experience.

To me, that makes a lot of sense, because precognition is basically your consciousness at one point in time getting in touch with your consciousness at a future point in time. That would seem to be intrinsically easier than getting in touch with someone else's consciousness or some unrelated and unimportant location.

The important part of your statement that rings true to me is your observation that the information seems to come from some external source. My first university degree was in Psychology, where I put in a lot of study of Freudian and Jungian Psychology. The standard interpretation of dreaming is that most of the information that arises in your dreaming comes from working out issues from your own personality in one form or another. If you get into dream analysis seriously, you will discover that this is mostly true; in most cases, your dream content is about working out issues of Ego and Superego, etc. You can always tell this is true, because your dream imagery will have emotional connotations that relate to whatever your ilife issues are, at the time. But sometimes, information will appear in your dreams that has no particular emotional loading. It''s obviously not about working out Freudian or Jungian issues. It's just information that's coming from some source outside your Ego.

That's the trick actually; leaving behind your Ego is the main step in accessing other sources of information.

Congratulations.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That is a very good question. Unfortunately I get night terrors almost every night. So mostly I just wake up gasping for air. Too much PTSD you could say. But when I was younger I used to wake up in the mornings with a thought and I would research it and learn something.
I wish that still happened nowadays.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Perhaps. I think our consciousness is a wave function, and when we get into deep low energy states (like sleep), that wave function expands, and is able to interact with other wave functions. When we wake up, that wave function collapses into our conscious waking state.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have learned to take my dreams very seriously. For me they portend the future. I have ignored them in the past at a huge personal cost to myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I learned that alien travelers have a photon engine that works like the particle collider aka CERN

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've also learned that we are existing in multiple dimensions simultaneously at once having conscious and unconscious experiences

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The thing about dreams is they allow you to try solutions to everyday problems you wouldn't normally try. We do it naturally and (obviously) unconsciously. Studies have shown that sleep is very important to learning. So I don't know if anyone is truly learning something new through dreams, rather they are replaying subconscious memories in their heads and rearranging them in various ways with the rules of physics how we have experienced them. I don't know though. The topic has always fascinated me.
edit on 18-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Also, the poem Kubla Kahn by Samuel Taylor Coleridge was said to be thought of in a dream. He apparently woke up and started writing it down but was interrupted and left it unfinished. I always thought of that story after my incident with my song.
edit on 18-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: Autocorrect is a bitch

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If your having a dream like that, chances are (not all circumstances or properties are susceptible to that) you had an interaction with either a reputable or discreet, unintended graph of vocabulary or picture that responded that reaction to your current life confrontation of curiousity. This happens, we recieve knowledge through dreams than correspond them to actual facts we later discover. We may not mean to.

Other reasonings are more mysterious, I may have the answer, no scientific estimates to create a theory though. Maybe you can do it again & remember the feeling in order to do it at will? Who knows?, maybe training can actually achieve muscle.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They now say that before and after your deep sleep, your mind sorts out things and arrives at solutions or conclusions. It forms memories by comparing the new information with what you have experienced since very young. If you eat certain foods that break up the antigens that form memories before the memory is set, a long term memory is not formed. Copper related enzymes can break down the memories so they are not formed properly. So guys, give your old lady chocolates if they get pissed at you for doing something wrong, chocolate cooked in copper kettles. It is usually more expensive but does the trick. Turmeric is also moderately high in copper.

If you are studying for an exam, don't eat that chocolate bar before going to sleep.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've heard that before, but never used as relationship advice. Well done, sir.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So your pretty much saying that if your eat certain foods or consube somehow weed it will break up antigens & that is why most stoners & sugar junckies do not remember certain things?

Does that contribute to any other sources I am trying to say & or ask?. Can we correspond any other infrequencies in other chemicals we intake?, & not for just getting laid or happy wife happy life thing haha

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

So your pretty much saying that if your eat certain foods or consube somehow weed it will break up antigens & that is why most stoners & sugar junckies do not remember certain things?

Does that contribute to any other sources I am trying to say & or ask?. Can we correspond any other infrequencies in other chemicals we intake?, & not for just getting laid or happy wife happy life thing haha

It would be copper enzymes that break down the short term memories before being turned into long term memories. The copper would have to be in a form that can be utilized to increase the enzyme. Sugar is not a factor. Chocolate would be. I never checked the copper content of weed. It may somehow inhibit the breakdown of the copper enzyme though, but that would only be speculation on my part. There are other factors that can cause memories to not form, higher copper is just one of them.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My very first car, back in the late ‘70’s, was a P7 Rover sedan like you might have seen the British police drive in old movies.

Many years, and several cars later, I had a dream in which I apparently owned a P7 again. But this was a station wagon (what the British call an estate car) version of the car. And this car was a two-tone White over Red, whereas my old sedan was a “proper” British Racing Green.

It wasn’t until several years later, with the help of Google, that I discovered that, although Rover never made an estate version of the P7, there was a licensed coach-built estate version made in very limited (I believe about 150) numbers.

Here in the US, Rovers were very rare. To have dreamed that a version existed that had never been seen in the US, and then discover that it actually existed was

Well, I still don’t have the right word(s) to this day!
edit on 19-10-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join