It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the footsteps of Lankester Merrin, Lol.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

Another great thread Astronomer62. I'm also enjoying your continuing perspective on the Enfield haunting!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The implications here are just so interesting! That a non-physical--at least by our standards--being could have the ability to manipulate objects and, even worse, people is really a terrifying thought.

Count me in as another person who is thoroughly enjoying your thread. Thanks again for putting the time and effort into writing this.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi Saturnschild and Zosimov,
It must have been early 1978, when i got a phone call from Maurice Grosse to stand guard in Green Street, and to do as much of a night shift as i could, i remember it was a week day, so i had to go to work the next day, i wasn't keen but i wouldn't let Maurice down.

It was cold, misty and wet when i arrived, Janet had gone to bed, i spent some time sitting close to the fire drying out my clothes. Just after 10:00pm there was banging and screaming coming from upstairs, so i quickly climbed the stairs to the girls bedroom.

Both girls were sitting up in bed looking really scared, Janet's bed was lifting and rocking, about 6 inches before dropping on to the floor heavily, Janet was in bed so there wasn't a way she could have done that herself!
I looked under the bed for wires or fraud but found nothing, i sat with the kids for a while, then went back downstairs to keep warm. When normal is extraordinary, it is strange what you get used to experiencing!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

" When normal is extraordinary, it is strange what you get used to experiencing!"

Absolutely.

I've seen so many things, it's to the point that not much of anything phases me now.
I saw a bright white orb almost the size of a half dollar come up from the light on my t.v. entertainment center and float off into the kitchen. As it turned the corner, I just sat there in my chair and thought to myself, 'Hmmm... I wonder who that is?' Then I went back to watching my t.v. show.

It wasn't dust; it woke my cat up from a dead sleep. She turned her head all the way around to look at it at the same time I saw it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Hi Sled 735,
My experiences sometimes leads me to draw, i like to draw stuff about Phi or the Golden Ratio, they are weird pictures, but not as crazy as H.R. Giger, one drawing is below, i liked your experience regarding an orb, sometimes they have faces in them:-

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62

Hi Sled 735,
My experiences sometimes leads me to draw, i like to draw stuff about Phi or the Golden Ratio, they are weird pictures, but not as crazy as H.R. Giger, one drawing is below, i liked your experience regarding an orb, sometimes they have faces in them:-

Yes, they do. This is one way I tell real orbs from dust particles.

I have a thread up that has been going since 2012 where people post their paranormal and UFO experiences. Somewhere in the 360 pages are pictures of orbs from a man who became my friend. He is from Germany and shared many fantastic stories with me. The orb he shared showed the face of someone very clearly.
I've seen others on ATS that showed faces too. It's quite amazing.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi sled735,
I wish i wasn't in a nursing home, i have so many files in my house, i do have a blown up picture of an orb that shows an Elizabethan face in it. I took it when i was on holiday in Cornwall UK, it was in a little used church.
During the Enfield haunting i remember the kitchen table moving 2 feet just as i was walking in, i couldn't find any hoax, shortly after there were raps on the ceiling, walls and floor!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
Hi sled735,
I wish i wasn't in a nursing home, i have so many files in my house, i do have a blown up picture of an orb that shows an Elizabethan face in it. I took it when i was on holiday in Cornwall UK, it was in a little used church.
During the Enfield haunting i remember the kitchen table moving 2 feet just as i was walking in, i couldn't find any hoax, shortly after there were raps on the ceiling, walls and floor!

I bet you do, and I would love to hear them and see the orb.
That's okay. You rest and take care of yourself. Just share any memories you have and that will be fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Great thread, Astronomer! Thanks for sharing. I've had more than my fair share of spooky experiences. One when I was 16, and a few more in my 30s. Nothing has happened since about 2007.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Hi Astronomer62. I've enjoyed reading your posts very much.

I see you are in Gettysburg, in time on another thread, i will show my files on the assassination of Lincoln.

Did you ever make the time to do this? I'd love to read it.

One final question - why the handle Astronomer62? What's the significance of the number 62 for you?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hi Astronomer62, are you still active here? I was wondering if you ever had the chance to write up that Lincoln thread... Hope you are well.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Hi Astronomer62. I've enjoyed reading your posts very much.

I see you are in Gettysburg, in time on another thread, i will show my files on the assassination of Lincoln.

Did you ever make the time to do this? I'd love to read it.

One final question - why the handle Astronomer62? What's the significance of the number 62 for you?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Riffrafer and wtbengineer,
I did write about the Lincoln Assassination, i feel there is duality to intended alignments to Sirius and Alnilam with hidden rituals, most of my research is on page below, but there is a little on previous page:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
To understand the alignments, perhaps you should read first page of link below:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There is no mystery to my avatar name, i'm an archaeoastronomer and i was 62 when i joined the forum!
edit on 20-10-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Edit

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Regarding the Enfield Haunting, the best drama to buy is the series below that follows events nearly accurately, Guy Playfair wasn't thrown up against the wall and in 1977 we didn't have cctv but that all, the rest is how i remember it:-

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi Astronomer62!

I hope you are in good health, its great to read from someone directly involved in the case. I have read alot about what happened over the years but this is the first time i have had the opportunity to speak to someone who was actually there.

Please could you answer a few questions?

1.So how long did you spend at the house? Was it a day or two, or a few weeks?

2.You mention having files about your time spent there, will it be possible to share them with us at some point?

3.Did you ever meet David Robertson, he was about your age i think.

4.Did you get to interview any of the neighbours or other witnesses?

5.What was the most impressive poltergeist activity that you saw?

6.Did you ever see any evidence that anyone was faking any of this?

7.I have listened to alot of the tape recordings made available, do you know if you are on any of them?

8.What was the general opinion about the case from people at The Ghost Club?

9.Did you write an account of your time at the house in an article somewhere? Or in the The Ghost Club archives, if they have them?

Its difficult to come across new material about the case so it would be really interesting to hear more from you!

Thanks for your time.

Take care

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Radiosilence

Hi Radio silence,
Question one
All told being a junior, i was called in when needed, sometimes all night or all day, or even a few hours, overall i would say i was there probably 3-4 weeks spread out over just over the year of 1977/1978.
Question two.
I do have files, but i'm under lockdown, even if i don't live in a nursing home but an extra care apartment, which has many other apartments, we all get care staff, that are very busy, they can't help getting out my vast files and going through them, nor can i have any family down to help, they are not allowed into the complex, obviously because of the Corona Virus.
I can't manage to get my files out of a walk in cupboard myself as i'm paraplegic, in a wheelchair and they are heavy, it will take some time to get to them.
Question Three,
I was aware of David Robertson, but didn't meet him, that isn't strange as so many people were in and out of the house att different times, and i was a junior on call infrequently over the period of just over a year:-
triablogue.blogspot.com...
www.youtube.com...
Question Four, yes i did interview some witnesses.
Question Five
The most impressive things i saw was moving furniture and smaller items being thrown up in the air.
Question six
The girls were disturbed and being bullied at school, they enjoyed the company of the investigators, sometimes they would try fraud, but was child-like, we always caught them out.
Question seven
Not much video material remain, some has been lost or is in someones attic, as far as i can tell, i'm not on any video tape.
Question Eight,
The Ghost Club thought it was a real case of paranormal
Question nine,
I wrote personal notes which i was going to put in at the Ghost Club, but as the haunting fizzled out, i wan't going to the house at all, i found the whole experience exhausting and felt i needed a rest, my career then was in music, so i took a contract in Germany....hopefully i will be able to get to my notes.
I'm sorry it took 10 days to reply, i wasn't feeling well.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hi Astronomer62!

Thanks alot for your reply its great to hear from you, no worries about the delay there is no hurry at all, i hope you are feeling much better!

I understand completely, maybe sometime in the future when things have got more back to normal and you can get to your files and if you feel like sharing any info that would be really interesting to see.

I have heard a few times how busy it was with people coming and going to the house, that's another reason why its great to hear your account because its rare to come across new witnesses to what happened and it sounds like this thread is the only place you have shared what you saw.

Thanks alot for the reply and all the best with everything

Take care,

Radiosilence
edit on 5-5-2020 by Radiosilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2020 by Radiosilence because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The reason i joined the Ghost Club was as a small child my family moved into an old Victorian house which was haunted, lights would turn on in my bedroom, i was often poked in the back, there were many wall knockings, and it was there i saw my first ghost.
In the last few days i received some extra information, although i don't know if it was paranormal, in the 1920's a van burst into flames outside my old house, being Belgrave House, seriously burning the driver, both the photo of the house and newspaper report is below:-

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
For the astrologers, i thought i would leave a timed chart for the start of paranormal activity which happened in the evening of 30th August 1977, my time that i recorded by talking to the family was just after 9pm, so i have chosen 21:10pm, AstroStar is Astronomer62, graph and aspects below, Sirius is conjunct Nadir, Jupiter is conjunct Nadir, Mars conjunct Jupiter.
www.horrifiedmagazine.co.uk...

edit on AM1128Mon, 14 Feb 2022 09:11:11 -06002022th28amMon, 14 Feb 2022 09:11:11 -0600 by AstroStar because: Edit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join