It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Players Robbed Of Wallets, Swords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What is this world coming to when you can't even have a good game of D&D without being attacked by Rogues who take your swords!

Well, and their car, playstation, and wallets.

nypost.com...

It was a critical hit.

An upstate game of “Dungeons & Dragons” went from fantasy to nightmare when a real-life gang of bandits crashed the party and robbed the players of their wallets, phones — and swords, according to news reports.

A trio of marauders armed with a shotgun and a “machete-style knife” entered a Niagara Falls home through an unlocked side door Monday night and interrupted three men and a woman playing the classic tabletop role-playing game, the Niagara Gazette reports.

One of the rogues held the gun to a player’s neck and demanded the adventurers hand over their phones and wallets — while the thieves also helped themselves to a Playstation 4, “several swords” and the keys to one victim’s car.

“We have your IDs, we know where you live — call the police and we will kill you,” they told the woman before absconding with the loot, according to the Gazette.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am an avid player and DM for over 25 years, and all I can say is should a roll better on your Perception check.

If they had swords then they were LARPing, which is very different from DND, what dorks!

On the bright side maybe that Guy will buy an Xbox one instead!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

They should've casted a Barrier.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

They should've casted a Barrier.

LOL, should have casted "Lock Doors" and have gun in reach.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It was in a home.

My old DM had a man-cave we used to play in. It had several swords and a really nice axe on the wall.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I'm old, but I knew several guys in that scene who had decorative swords and other such they didn't use for gaming. So maybe the alpha geek was hosting and the robbers took the home decor.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
230 Gold Pieces will get you an entry level boomstick @ academy sports.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If they played the rise of eagles card-sorry my mistake, that's magic:the gathering.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Lightning bolt!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ten points to Hufflepuff!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Magic Missile!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say the thieves rolled a multiplier and successfully executed an ambush.

That sucks. Pretty sure a pet dog increases your castles defenses, primarily through detection and perception passives innate to their species.

top topics

join