It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Wishes to JustMike

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You got this Mike!

I think you are going to be surprised by how quickly you recover and (hopefully) how much better you feel.

I'm excited for you

As for crying, well.. I think at a certain point in our lives we earn those tears.

When my dad was still here, we would go visit my grandma (who has alzheimers) multiple times a week. We found that even if she didn't remember, she would do worse overall, once we were gone. We switched to biweekly after some experimenting and found that worked best.

For as rough as it certainly is, I also find it very interesting. Years ago, before things got too bad, I actually did some psychological programming with her (with her knowledge and permission) that I am convinced changed up the course of events for her.

She is still doing quite well, even if there is a total disconnect from "reality" at this point. No one can explain it, but she is happy, mostly healthy (even had a successful hip replacement!), and for all intents and purposes she is good.

Its not the same as it was, but its a helluva lot better than how its gone down for folks in a similar situation. Over the years, I've been able to watch it all happen in the care center.

I haven't seen her in quite some time, I don't know how I can face her without her figuring out something is wrong. Even if she wont comprehend or remember, I don't think I can tell her that her son is dead and I don't think I can hide it either.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm so sorry you lost Dad and that your Grandmother has Alzheimers. If she has lost touch with reality and has been happy, I wouldn't tell her about your Dad. Of course the decision is yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Mike, it is perfectly understandable and expected that you would cry. You miss your Lady Dada and are alone in the hospital. I would be crying buckets. Please hold on to our love for you and know that we are all with you in spirit. Our thoughts are also with Dada. I feel you are both in good hands.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
More chocolate is always welcome.

Well I guess I just have to keep it flowing, there should be enough for every one here.

I have been thinking how to respond to your concern and thoughts about the other patients. It is compassionate, and I do admire your stance....
…. but your pain and worry are, yours. You and Dada are all you have in this moment. You are just as important as he is.
We try to diminish our pain as some sort of survival mechanism. Perhaps not to be crushed under the weight of reality.
Cry when you must, friend, cry when the morning sun glows in the eyes of your loved one, cry when life rips your heart out.
Tears, I think, are expressions of gratitude, of how much we love life and how much we think we have to loose.
Yes I am serious at times, but that is for reasons I decline to elaborate, this is about you.

We are here to welcome you back. Have some virtual choclate.

Rest Well
and sweet dreams of a new and better day.

edit on 26-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Just

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just got a text from Mike, the operation went well and he is out of recovery.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thank You Springer, hugs to you for passing that on. Tell him we love him.
a reply to: Springer

Oh Thank God, I am so happy.
this may be a little over kill but it is my happy dance. And now I am crying happy grateful tears. This is wonderful.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

w00t w00t! Good news to hear, thanks for relaying.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Thank you so much for letting us know. Woo hoo! Doing a happy dance!

Send him our love and a big hug!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Great news indeed !

He is one of the good guys !

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Excellent!

I'm excited to hear how he's feeling after a couple days.

Thanks for the update

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

JustMike, Bless your life. Bless your soul that lives it. Bless your actions and words. May all this pain you feel be transformed into peace.

You will know peace rushing into your heart that loves. You will hear sage wisdom pouring into your unfettered mind that liberates. You will feel devotion abounding under your able hands that create.

You will not be lost to the flood waters of misery. Those you love will fight back the waves with you.

You will not be judged and chained firmly to pain. Those that love you will share the burden and lift your cross high.

You will not be alone and left to ruin. Nothing of what you truly are will be destroyed. The ashes will be mended by the seeds your love plants hand over hand.

This is always only the beginning. Dig deep. Find the strength that you seek. You are worthy.

Love peace and eternity to you and yours.

edit on 11 27 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Mike texted me this message too:

Hi everyone, thanks to Springer I can at least communicate. I can't find a browser on my phone!
The op went fine. I was wheeled into theatre, put under, then woke up in recovery a couple hrs later.
I'm not allowed to sit up let alone get out of bed! But that's okay. Will start rehab tomorrow.

(Cont.) Then I can get on line.
Some great news. Robert survived his brain surgery. I saw him in recovery & he was even able to give me a lil wave. THANK YOU to everyone who prayed or sent good vibes his way. I love you all for it.
Ok I must finish now. Will catch with you all soon. Mike.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Awww, yay for Mike and Robert! Great to hear! Thank you Springer for keeping us updated, it means so much to all of us!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Wow, that was so beautiful!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Oh thank you so much for the message!
I'm very happy to hear that everything went well for Mike (and Robert).

It's been truly heart-warming to read all the supportive replies in here.
💙💙

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Whoa! He has friends in high places to do his dirty work for him.

Thank you so much. He has been on my mind all day. This is good news indeed.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Again you prove to have a wonderful way with words, thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thank you Sir, for bringing us further good tidings, was it Gabriel that acted as the divine messenger?
Please fly back and relate our joy and relief.
This is truly a grand early Christmas present to all of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

THANK you Mark for posting my messages.

Very grateful to everyone for your support as well.

Cannot write much atm bcoz i am confined to bed and must not actually sit up. So I am lying on one side and leaning on an elbow while i type with my free hand. Pain is not bad, it's just freaking awkward and ergo tiring.

Anyway, had breakfast an hour or so ago. My first food since Monday pm due to pre- and post-op fasting regimes. Also just had drain removed. Doc said the wound was fine so the drain could go, which is a relief.

Tomorrow i can get up and try walking. Doc says I can use my crutches if i wish. If I manage okay and nothing rips/breaks/leaks etc (fingers crossed) then he can let me go home on Friday! WOOT!

And even now, my legs don't hurt any more and the numbness in my rt leg and foot (ie, my right-hand foot) is also receding. This is greatb news as it suggests no major, permanent damage was done.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Great news Mike !

You are made of tuff stuff !!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join