It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Aint Easy Being Yeezy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Poor guy... He's getting hit at every turn. If it's not his words, his views... Wait... It's always been about his views!

This, my fellow Americans, is how Republican views are treated...

Kanye West’s Yeezy Basketball Shoes Would Be Banned by NBA

So what has likely led up to this mess? If you kind folx have been watching the headlines today, you'll notice that all kinds of stupidity has been taking place. But as for Yeezy...

West has been under severe criticism since his appearance on Saturday Night Live over the weekend. In which he pointed out that 90% of the news media is liberal, that blacks were not always predominantly Democrats, and that he wasn’t concerned about racism in America.

West also said that he was bullied back stage on the SNL set, and asked not to appear before the audience in his “Make America Great Again,” hat. West did not heed that advice. Since his appearance and speech on SNL West has been attacked by fellow rappers such as Snoop Dogg, who called West an “Uncle Tom,” for his support of President Trump.

Now... the NBA has more bad news for the rapper. Is it political? Is it just bad timing?

According to ESPN, the NBA will likely ban the shoes due to their reflective highly-reflective heels. The concern, according to industry insiders cited in the ESPN report, is that the reflection from the heels would be a distraction to spectators and television audiences.

No big deal, just spend more money redesigning them and everything will be hunky dory. Well, not really...

Players were expected to wear the shoes during the upcoming 2018-2019 season. However, in light of these new concerns about the reflection from the shoes, it’s thought that no player will wear Yeezy’s this year without a re-design to eliminate the glare.

Ok, we got this shouldn't take long and everything will be great again.

Not so fast Yeezy...

“NBA officials must OK new designs from brands ahead of each season,” ABC reported. The NBA hadn’t formally reviewed the new Yeezy shoe as of Monday, but the design West showcased most recently would not be permitted as is, a source told ESPN.

Looks like this year isn't going to happen...

My question is... How did it come about that the players WERE going to use the sneakers? Was it some kind of bid? Was there an understood ok prior? Sorry pal, too reflective. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics, even though majority players are minority and a really huge chance of being anti Trump. Nah, that would be stupid... Not even legal likely. They're just too reflective.

Sure, they're reflective AT NIGHT. Just how dark does it get in those courts? I wouldn't know... I don't watch B-ball. But I'm pretty sure it's pretty well lit up based on the commercials and in between channel flips I have seen.
edit on 3-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So he goes on stage and speaks the truth and get punished for it .

It doesn’t fit the narrative the media has been pushing for years.
He refuses to be the victim and they hate it.

a reply to: StallionDuck
I guess they want him on his knees like a football player.

edit on 3-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad there is no proof. Well... I should rethink that because if I wanted proof, that would mean that I want this kind of activity to actually happen which is just stupid and childish.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It may not be easy, but I'm betting Kanye is up for the challenge. In fact, I'll bet he thrives on it! Kanye has the strength and courage of his convictions, and the big brass cajones to take a stand and challenge the status quo. He also has the unconditional support and respect of a loving wife and family.

For Kanye, I think it would be much more difficult to live a lie than to talk his talk and walk his walk -- no matter how much grief he gets from the rest of the world.

And that's what scares the Kanye- haters the most... Can't have the "snowflakes" learning how to stand tall on their own two feet in the face of adversity.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The thing is... Where he's from and how he made it. In short... Someone gonna get got, is what I'm afraid of. He must have some serious security. He can't be this lucky this long.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I’ve never had any respect for Kanye. But my opinion has changed. The man will speak up for what he believes and he has the backbone to stand behind it despite the consequences .

Those qualities are becoming rare in this day and age .

Hats off Kanye

edit on 3-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

i has zero idea what the exact composition of these " yeasey " boots is - but i do know that even in " perfectly lit " conditions . hi quality reflectors [ SOLAS 5 tape ] can pose problems for photography - esp using flash - do " courtside photo journalists " allowed to use flash photography at basketball games ???

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Luckily he is worth millions so he has the last laugh, a really loud rich laugh. That smells of caviar.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Boadicea

The thing is... Where he's from and how he made it. In short... Someone gonna get got, is what I'm afraid of. He must have some serious security. He can't be this lucky this long.

I think "they" already gave it their best shot when Kim was robbed in Paris... and I'm pretty sure Kanye suspects as much. Security was increased tenfold after that.

I really think that at this point, Kanye's best protection is his family's very high public profile. Armed security helps, of course, but the whole world is watching his family 24/7.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So they were approved but all of a sudden they are too reflective to be worn on the court? The shoes were fine for the players to wear Saturday morning but TOO reflective on Sunday morning?

Sure, sounds legit lol.

Disclaimer- I didn't like Kanye before his Trump support. And I don't like him now and wont be a fan just because of his Trump support. That would be hypocritical of me to do.

BUT, I do respect the fact that he stands for what he believes in and doesn't run run around calling everyone a racist if they don't agree with him.

Kanye is the Democrats worst nightmare. Expect another deluge of "Kanye might have mental problems" storys in the coming weeks.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
sadly this is nothing new. this is yet another democrat and liberal playbook play. it's bad enough if you are white and go against the democrat and liberal ideals. but at least in that case it is just your racism, or other isim showing it's self. if you happen to be black or other race that dares to publicly go against the currant liberal/democrat narratives, you are a traitor to your race or other isim. and the more famous or popular you might be (ie the ability to use your status to form opinions of people), the worse you are, and the more effort that will be put into your downfall. if there is any dirt to be had, they will find it and use it. with so many of their supporters willing to go to bat to protect their ideals at any cost. if there is nothing there, then that is OK as they can always manufacture something. which is yet another play out of their playbook. or they use another play and work to hurt your business, in order to blackmail them back into the fold, or to blackmail them into shutting up and going away or quitting. and they do not just stop at the person they are against. just like the mob and drug cartels, they will go after your family as well. the democrats and liberals really need to be stopped at all costs from gaining power to make their dream utopia of a dictatorship a reality. they will seemingly stop and nothing, nothing is too low for them to do in order to get their way. therefore anyone who loves freedom must oppose them at all costs, just as any evil that needs to be stopped.

you might recall another extremely popular, and well respected celebrity that in the not to distant past came out and publicly went against the currant liberal/democrat narrative of the time. well he is now rotting in prison, after the amazing timing of accusations (of which he was found guilty of in a court of law in the end), that happened right after he publicly spoke against that currant narrative they were selling at that time. before that if there was a whisper about what he had done, it was put aside as with any big time celebrity. but immediately after coming out and speaking publicly against that narrative, he was almost literally buried under a tsunami of accusations. sad to think that if he did not come out against liberal/democrat dogma, we likely never would have heard a peep about it. but no he dared go against the liberal/democrat narrative, causing some people to rethink their views on the matter. so now Bill Cosby sits in jail.

top topics

join