It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI reports - why not public?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
So the FBI should be done with the Kavanaugh/Ford investigation relatively soon, within a week I assume. I for one will be glad when it's all over.

However, (D) senators Feinstein and Coons both publicly stated that the findings should not be made public. (R) senators Graham and Cornyn want a public release. Shortly thereafter, Senate majority leader McConnell said they will NOT be made public. Why? What the hell is going on?

The whole damn system is in shambles. What are they hiding? Please...someone explain this nonsense to me.

source

(I know it's the huffpost but there are other sources too)

A2D

I'd bet Kav gets confirmed and shortly after they leak.

53 yes
47 no

From what I am reading and watching....MSM is gearing up for something.

Already talking of prosecution and imprisonment of Swetnick.

If the FBI files show all of these women lied....and if they get prosecuted and jail time....I cant even begin to imagine what the left will do....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The senators will not be receiving a copy. They (the senators) will be allowed to view the report in a secure location, if McConnell insists it not be made public.

edit on 10/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who is saying that?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not according to McConnells announcement. Each Senator will receive a copy and only Senators as he said that is the way they have always handled FBI reports. And Diane Feinstein was the first I saw calling for the report to not be made public.

www.c-span.org.../senator-mcconnell-senators-fbi-kavanaugh-report&playEvent
edit on 10/2/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

www.google.com...

The top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, sided with McConnell, telling reporters at midday that she was concerned about witness confidentiality being breached should the reports be made public.

Sounds like nobody wants it released which means everybody will have a copy soon

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That is not what McConnell said.

“We’ll get an FBI report soon,” McConnell said. “It will be made available to each senator, and only senators will be allowed to look at it. And that is the way these reports are always handled, these background checks, through the Judiciary Committee.”

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Nothing about copies for each. Each will be allowed to look at it.
edit on 10/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who is saying that?

Alan Dershowitz is one....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I think in this case, the FBI report should be made public. I want to see what they have to say, it could go either way.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Because that corrupt-to-the-core organization has forgotten that they are supposed to serve the public.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Could be not public because they already spoke to this guy and Ford is about to be prosecuted?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday that each U.S. senator would get a copy of the FBI report on sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

www.google.com...

Seems to be a disparity in the various reports. I agree most likely would wish to keep it under wraps by viewing restrictions. However he said nothing about a secure room and while the report is confidential, it would not be confined to a SCIF for viewing. And apparently Democratic leadership wants it barred from the public too.

CNN reporter Elizabeth Landers caught up with the Senior Senator, and tweeted, “@SenFeinstein indicates that the FBI report on Kavanaugh should NOT be made public: ‘It would seem to me that if people are going to be identified this ought to be held very close and not. I think the investigation ought to be closely held,’ she reiterated.”

Of course it will eventually leak

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So the FBI should be done with the Kavanaugh/Ford investigation relatively soon, within a week I assume. I for one will be glad when it's all over.

However, (D) senators Feinstein and Coons both publicly stated that the findings should not be made public. (R) senators Graham and Cornyn want a public release. Shortly thereafter, Senate majority leader McConnell said they will NOT be made public. Why? What the hell is going on?

The whole damn system is in shambles. What are they hiding? Please...someone explain this nonsense to me.

source

A2D

I'd bet Kav gets confirmed and shortly after they leak.

53 yes
47 no

From what I am reading and watching....MSM is gearing up for something.

Already talking of prosecution and imprisonment of Swetnick.

If the FBI files show all of these women lied....and if they get prosecuted and jail time....I cant even begin to imagine what the left will do....

It will be epic!! LOLOLOL!!

Alan D is calling for exactly that!

I bet a first year law student could get them all to flip.

Schumer would break his glasses, DiFi would need to change her depends.

And start the "war on women" again.

Bring it on!

Btw, it might be 62-38

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Seems to be a disparity in the various reports.

The cspan link you posted has the video of what he said.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I saw it and listened. Other reports from earlier say what Rueters is printing. The bottom line is that it will be made available to all, and as I said someone will leak it. And the statement is open to interpretation and since ambiguity is the only thing both sides ever get right, I will leave it at that.

They (the senators) will be allowed to view the report in a secure location, if McConnell insists it not be made public. 

And he never said anything a secure room or SCIF either. And both party leaders are insisting for now it not be public, with Feinstein on record at noon today calling for the report to remain secret

McConnell said on Tuesday that each U.S. senator would get a copy of the FBI report on sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court 

edit on 10/2/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

source

A2D

The POTUS is the one who put Kavanaugh's nomination forward. For that reason, the POTUS is the one who had to put forward the request for the FBI to reopen the background investigation--and he did. Because of that, the POTUS got to put whatever constraints and limitations he wanted to on the investigation (there are differing stories about whether and to what extent that happened). Whatever the truth of that debate is, the FBI will make its final report to the POTUS, it is up to him to determine to what extent and to whom the report will be made available.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join