It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Says Mail Tested Positive for Ricin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Update, a suspect has been arrested:

REAKING: Man suspected of mailing ricin to Pres. Trump, Pentagon arrested in Logan

A former U.S. Navy sailor was taken into custody in Logan by the FBI on Wednesday, suspected of mailing out envelopes filled with ricin to multiple federal officials, including President Donald Trump.

The man, whose identity has not been released, is in custody and the crime lab is now on scene at 380 N. 200 West. Officials are warning the public to stay away from the area because hazardous chemicals may be involved, according to FBI Salt Lake City field office spokesman Doug Davis.

"No wider threat to the public safety exists at this time," Davis said. "As it is a pending matter, that's all we can say at this time."

It appears the suspect was taken into custody without incident, and the City of Logan and the Utah Highway Patrol are assisting in the closure of 200 West from 400 to 500 North. Logan City Police and the Cache County Sheriff's Office assisted in the FBI operation.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Update, a suspect has been arrested:

REAKING: Man suspected of mailing ricin to Pres. Trump, Pentagon arrested in Logan

A former U.S. Navy sailor was taken into custody in Logan by the FBI on Wednesday, suspected of mailing out envelopes filled with ricin to multiple federal officials, including President Donald Trump.

The man, whose identity has not been released, is in custody and the crime lab is now on scene at 380 N. 200 West. Officials are warning the public to stay away from the area because hazardous chemicals may be involved, according to FBI Salt Lake City field office spokesman Doug Davis.

"No wider threat to the public safety exists at this time," Davis said. "As it is a pending matter, that's all we can say at this time."

It appears the suspect was taken into custody without incident, and the City of Logan and the Utah Highway Patrol are assisting in the closure of 200 West from 400 to 500 North. Logan City Police and the Cache County Sheriff's Office assisted in the FBI operation.

Wow so I was correct in guessing it was someone with it out for the department of the Navy, didn’t seem quite right to me randomly going after Adm. Richardson as well. Sad to see a vet pull this crap.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: theantediluvian

I bet 100 bucks its a crazy Trump hating liberal that sent the letter.

Did you guess it was a former navy man?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: notsure1

I bet 100 bucks its a crazy Trump hating liberal that sent the letter.

Did you guess it was a former navy man?

no. I have not followed this at all. Was it a Trump hating liberal Navy man? if it was I was still right lol.
edit on 4-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

ETA just saw Antes post .It seems I was right.
edit on 4-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This is what happens when people like the Governor of California blatantly call for "something to happen to that guy"

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Look at what the BBC is reporting?????

"Pentagon quarantine 'sparked by castor seeds' not ricin poison"

So my question is where did the white powder come from?? Is this blatant covering up or mis reporting?

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Look at what the BBC is reporting?????

"Pentagon quarantine 'sparked by castor seeds' not ricin poison"

So my question is where did the white powder come from?? Is this blatant covering up or mis reporting?

www.bbc.com...

Ricin comes from Castor beans, so they could be correct if the ricin is of poor quality. There are many areas in both book stores and the interwebs where a person can find instructions on how to do this.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

www.sltrib.com...

Allen, 39, served in the Navy from 1998 to 2002, working as a damage control fireman apprentice. According to Utah court records, in 2005, he was convicted on two counts of 3rd degree felony child abuse, a case that involved accusations of child-sex abuse of two girls. In 2008, Allen was convicted of attempted aggravated assault. He was released from prison in 2011.

According to Logan police Capt. Tyson Budge, Allen has only lived in the current residence for a few years. In 2017, the Air Force notified Logan police that Allen called in a bomb threat. And earlier this year, Allen is alleged to have sent Utah Gov. Gary Herbert a letter blaming the governor for his wife’s medical problems, Budge said.

Doesn't appear to be partisan, just a total loony tune.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He wasn't an anti-Trumper. He claims to have sent the same powder to Queen Elizabeth, Putin, and even threatened to kill Obama in 2015.

Allen also allegedly told the FBI that he sent letters to U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Russian President Vladimir Putin and the secretary of the Air Force, whose name he did not recall. It was unclear whether those letters were sent.

Allen enlisted in the U.S. Navy in October 1998 and left the service in 2002, the Navy said. He was listed as a damage control fireman apprentice, according to the Navy.

He has a history of making threats, according to the federal complaint: In 2015, he sent an email to the CIA threatening to kill then President Barack Obama, if the agency didn’t stop infringing on his constitutional rights; and in February of 2017 he sent an emailed bomb threat to Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, an FBI special agent said in the complaint.

NBC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join