It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Says Mail Tested Positive for Ricin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is just breaking and there's no articles to cite yet but here are a couple tweets from CNN correspondent Dianne Gallagher:

Dianne Gallagher Verified account @DianneG

A piece of mail delivered to the Pentagon mail facility has initially tested positive for ricin, two US defense officials tell @barbarastarrcnn @rabrowne75.

The mail facility is a separate building on the Pentagon grounds. The piece of mail never entered the Pentagon building.

12:07 PM - 2 Oct 2018

Dianne Gallagher Verified account @DianneG

The FBI and Pentagon Law Enforcement are responding and further testing is expected to be done by the FBI, the officials said.

12:07 PM - 2 Oct 2018

Anyone know the chances of a false positive for ricin?
edit on 2018-10-2 by theantediluvian because: udpated title

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I bet 100 bucks its a crazy Trump hating liberal that sent the letter.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If it's Ricin a little goes a long way, so expect more letters.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

These days I would think a false positive is very unlikely.

Sampling methods were highly precise the last time I was involved in CBRN detection. And that was 6 - 7 years ago.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Fox now reporting at least 2 packages sent to Pentagon.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's not terribly difficult to synthesize which opens up a lot of possibilities.

Will be keeping up with this to find out more; who it was addressed to, what did it say, where was it from, etc.

Thanks for bringing this to the forum.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Here's a link:

At least two packages sent to Pentagon suspected to contain ricin, official says

At least two packages sent to the Pentagon are suspected of containing ricin, a Pentagon spokesman confirmed to Fox News on Tuesday.

I wonder if they're two packages from the same sender or if there was potentially cross contamination.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Eh, the pentagon is probably just after additional funding.

Billions upon billions just isn't enough...

BOO! (it's the boogeyman!)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading a thread here a few weeks back about a guy who made a bunch of ricin...like 2 mason jars of it. Then thought he accidentally poisoned himself and called 911 and got busted. Wonder if this either has something to do with it or was inspired by the reporting of that event.

Yep here it is...Ricin Thread
edit on 2-10-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder who might have done this? I'm sure we'll get an endless media circus over who incited this attack, right?

edit on 2-10-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
At least 2 people hospitalized in Texas after white substance found at Sen. Cruz's campaign office. Hazmat are on scene.

breaking911.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

More info:

Ricin detected in mail sent to Pentagon

The two suspicious envelopes were addressed to Secretary of Defense James Mattis and to Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral John Richardson, the official told CNN.

"On Tuesday, October, 2, 2018, in coordination with the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, FBI Special Agents took possession of two suspicious envelopes that had been screened at the Pentagon mail facility. Those envelopes are currently undergoing further testing. As this is ongoing, we will have no further comment."

So it was two envelopes and they were addressed to Secretary Mattis and Adm Richardson.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
DEVELOPING: Hazmat Emergency Team Dispatched to Sen. Cruz’ Houston Office

A hazardous material emergency response team was sent to the campaign offices of Sen. Ted Cruz Tuesday after staffers opened an envelope “containing a white powdery substance.”

It is getting scary.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There are two tests done. One is the preliminary test, that takes 6-8 hours. It looks for components of the castor bean. To say conclusively, the second test, which detects the actual toxin has to be conclusive as well. The preliminary test can read positive, since it's not looking for the actual toxin.

emergency.cdc.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm aware this was found in an envelope sent to Gen Mattis' office,

But is it also
The powdery substance sent to Ted Cruz's office?

A2D
edit on 2-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is this a distraction from something?
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Gateway Pundit is reporting that the white powder sent to Cruz' campaign HQ has tested negative. Still, this occurring on the very same day as the ricin packages cannot be a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Keep your powder dry friends... it may be needed soon; sadly!

Py

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Looks like a suspect letter was also sent to the President...

Secret Service Announcement

WASHINGTON -- The Secret Service can confirm receipt of a suspicious envelope addressed to the President on Oct. 1, 2018. The envelope was not received at the White House, nor did it ever enter the White House. As a matter of practice, the Secret Service does not comment regarding matters of Protective Intelligence. However, in this instance, we can confirm that we are working jointly with our law enforcement partners to fully investigate this matter. Further, all threats directed towards the President, or any Secret Service protectee, are treated seriously and fully investigated.

edit on 2/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I’d like to know what the Adm. Richardson connection is? I can see the POTUS and SECDEF but why him? Someone have a hard on for the department of the navy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join