It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America steering away from globalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Short and simple thread here based on a graphic. It's a comparison between the speeches Trump and Obama gave at the U.N. regarding America's stance on the issue of globalism vs. nationalism.

I'd love to hear a good case for globalism. Because in my humble opinion, it doesn't work and the idea that is sold is far different from the intentions of the elite individuals who push for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

How's that working for you guys anyways?

turning against your allies and stuff...

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yea all that aid we send everywhere and lopsided trade deals and all the subsidising of allies defenses with our money has been working out great...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Meanwhile, in the UK, I don't think we quite know what to make of this, but then we don't have TIME to, since everything seems up in the air whilst an incompetent Government trades punches with itself over Brexit, not really knowing its ass from its elbow, let alone Trump's version of globalism from Obama's.

Could the USA really feasibly leave the UN and the WTO, or is it simply street rhetoric?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is war what you want ? You happy for your children to die in conflict ?

Globalism is a way of avoiding war ,you reject it at your own peril.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What's wrong with "separate but equal"?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yea...hows that been working out. I guess china is our best friends now huh...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Can't wait for the end of the Deep State & George Soro's, don't know if Antifa & Trolls will be able to collect unemployment....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

If you could call what they do a job lol...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The U.S is distancing itself from friends, it may be wise to learn Chinese with the current state of decline.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Not quite sure I see the decline you speak of as we still appear to be the muscle behind all those friends you speak of.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Pretty good so far .

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'd love to hear a good case for globalism. Because in my humble opinion, it doesn't work and the idea that is sold is far different from the intentions of the elite individuals who push for it.

My honest view is that the world is not ready for globalism, and may never be. The U.S. was/is doing most of the funding for this "lets call it an experiment" thing, on the back of the U.S. tax payers. The U.N. has become nothing more than what the League of Nations was, a waste of time and money.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Could the USA really feasibly leave the UN and the WTO, or is it simply street rhetoric?

I’m fine with street rhetoric as long as it gets us a better deal . Negotiations are all about leverage and that’s what the rhetoric is.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I hope it doesn't change personally because I'm not a fan if war, if trump manages to disassemble the global unity that was put in place after ww2 we will see ww3 and our kids will pay with their blood.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What unity...we are still adversaries with our enemies from that era...and still friends with our allies. Most of those allies depend on our support more than we ever did or do from them. I don't really see what point you are trying to make...
edit on 25-9-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Lol... Not agreeing to get fixed in the ass without a reach around is hardly turning on your allies.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

That we haven't had a global conflict since ww2 , instead of fighting for resources we have been trading, its called globalism ...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its a Global choreography now, but esprit de corps worked in the business world Trump is familiar with and letting America lead the global dance is certainly still feasible. Way too much has changed since the 1920's when a country could implement a strict isolationist ideology and survive. I'm not sure the UN is an effective peace keeping organization, would the UN issue another Resolution 678?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We can still work toward fair trade deals and peace without so-called "globalism". Globalism is simply code for a fixed, select group of elite to own and control everything. Why people don't get this is very alarming. There is a simple microcosm of this going on in the EU right now with the internet laws that seeped into power talking about how they are going to protect everyone and are now implementing draconian measures giving power and control to the few and making the rich power players even richer and more powerful.

Do you illiberal leftists get it yet? As Radiohead once said, "you do it to yourself, you do. And that's what really hurts."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join