It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosby gets 3 to 10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Judge Holden had this to say:

Joe Holden

@JoeHoldenCBS3
“I’ve imposed sentencing at this stage, if you want to take it up with another court, you can.” - Judge Steven O’Neill #Cosby @CBSPhilly

2:15 PM - Sep 25, 2018 · Norristown, PA

O’Neill also ruled Cosby as a “sexually violent predator.” The classification means that Cosby must undergo lifetime counseling and report quarterly to authorities. His name will appear on a sex-offender registry sent to neighbors, schools and victims. Cosby’s lawyer argued for bail after the ruling, but O’Neill pushed back, and said Cosby will not be getting bail. “I’ve imposed sentencing at this stage,” said O’Neill. “If you want to take it up with another court, you can.”

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (CBS/AP) — Bill Cosby learned his fate inside a Montgomery County courtroom on Tuesday. The 81-year-old actor and comedian has been sentenced to three to 10 years in a state facility for sexually assaulting a former Temple University employee at his home in 2004.

Cosby’s lawyers had fought the “sexually violent predator” designation, arguing that Pennsylvania’s sex-offender law is unconstitutional and that he is no threat to the public at his age. But O’Neill said prosecutors had met their burden of proof by “clear and convincing” evidence.

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

Sad he is 81, but he deserves it!
edit on 25-9-2018 by Sabrechucker because: add

edit on 25-9-2018 by Sabrechucker because: change

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Karma wins one.

edit on 25-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cosby has always been a dumb.cluck.

Now he can pay.

Might as well be a life sentence.

👉😃👈

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
what a dramatic fall from grace!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Eddie Murphy's skit from his RAW album makes a little more sense now. He knew 30 years ago

Jello puddin eatin.....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If this had been a one time thing that he had expressed sorrow for, I might be more forgiving.

He has denied countless accusations that in my opinion were all true. He deserves jail time for the many times he has done this to unwilling victims.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Good.

I hate to see an old man got o prison, but if you earned it, you earned it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wait a minute.
Cosby admits to drugging then raping a women and gets 3 to 10 years?

If any of the allegations against the new supreme court nominee could be proven, "they cant",
He would only get a stern talking to as punishment.

What a pathetic punishment for rape.

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Also, he cannot serve less than 2 years 9/Mo

link   

Bet he doesn't see a day in prison he will remain out on appeal till he's dead .

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

He walked out in cuffs, so he will be there regardless. His lawyers can appeal, while he sits in jail.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What happened to all these women are liars and he is innocent. Wasn't that the claim of most here at the start.

At least the system waited until he was 81 so it wouldn't interfere most in his life.

Fame has it's perks.
edit on 9/25/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I didn't know they took him right away usually they give you time to get your affairs in order .
edit on 9/25/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Nope, right to jail he went

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm willing to bet that the judge took into account Cosby's age. Anything much longer would amount to a life sentence at his age.

Not saying that I agree, but that's a consideration often enough during sentencing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well then , "Hey Hey Hey better stay away from Fat Albert"

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Even just 3 years at his age could be a life sentence he's in for a ruff time .

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't know if it was right to laugh at that, but i sure did!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No, the time to get your affairs in order is between the verdict and sentencing phases, which are often scheduled for different days. If not, the attorney makes sure that it happens leading up to the end of trial. Sometimes, in rare occurrences, a sentence start date will be delayed, but 99% of the time, you're off straight to jail.

This surprised me after my first in-court experience as a paralegal--sentencing happened, confinement was part of that sentence, and the shackles went on the defendant and to the "delivery van" he went to be taken to jail.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

He's done and dusted. Most of the allegations were historic going back for decades. He can be an example for why people shouldn't be so dismissive of other historic allegations just because the accused voted red or blue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join