It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosby gets 3 to 10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is nice to see an accuser come forward legitimately. unlike Kavanaugh's who has nothing at all to back up her claims. Pure slander

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: TinySickTears

why?

why what?
what are you asking?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You said their was no justice in this, asking why you feel that way

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You said their was no justice in this, asking why you feel that way

cause he is 1000 years old and even if he serves all 3 years that is not justice

look im not looking to debate this asshole ok. i just popped in to give an opnion and i did

so see ya

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He was basically convicted because of his own words.
How do you not consider that guilty?

www.thewrap.com...
“I think it was his deposition, really,” Snyder told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday, about what led to his vote. “Cosby admitted to giving these quaaludes to women, young women, in order to have sex with them.”

“He stated that he gave these drugs to other women,” Snyder continued. “I don’t think it really necessarily mattered that these other five women were here because he said it himself that these drugs were for other women.”

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sad he is 81, but he deserves it!

Not all is lost...maybe karma will help find this 2.2 meter tall homosexual fellow inmate his love for elderly black man past 80 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If it does kill him in a few days then that's some really quick karma. Look at it this way, if it does kill him in the near future...then it was his time & place to die.a reply to: Gargoyle91

edit on 25-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Who's packing like John Holmes.a reply to: zatara

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Judge Holden had this to say:

Joe Holden

@JoeHoldenCBS3
“I’ve imposed sentencing at this stage, if you want to take it up with another court, you can.” - Judge Steven O’Neill #Cosby @CBSPhilly

2:15 PM - Sep 25, 2018 · Norristown, PA

O’Neill also ruled Cosby as a “sexually violent predator.” The classification means that Cosby must undergo lifetime counseling and report quarterly to authorities. His name will appear on a sex-offender registry sent to neighbors, schools and victims. Cosby’s lawyer argued for bail after the ruling, but O’Neill pushed back, and said Cosby will not be getting bail. “I’ve imposed sentencing at this stage,” said O’Neill. “If you want to take it up with another court, you can.”

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (CBS/AP) — Bill Cosby learned his fate inside a Montgomery County courtroom on Tuesday. The 81-year-old actor and comedian has been sentenced to three to 10 years in a state facility for sexually assaulting a former Temple University employee at his home in 2004.

Cosby’s lawyers had fought the “sexually violent predator” designation, arguing that Pennsylvania’s sex-offender law is unconstitutional and that he is no threat to the public at his age. But O’Neill said prosecutors had met their burden of proof by “clear and convincing” evidence.

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

Sad he is 81, but he deserves it!

I have to admit, I am shocked that they actually put the guy in jail, I expected them to give him bail while he appeals his case, effectively allowing him to buy a get out of jail free card. The other angle they tried to play is that he is too old and frail and surprisingly that didn't work either. Let's face it, there are a lot of old and frail guys rotting in prison as we speak.

So I guess justice actually did prevail and someone wasn't allowed to buy his way out.....
edit on 25-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

So I guess justice actually did prevail and someone wasn't allowed to buy his way out.....

I haven't really followed this but I reckon it won't be long before you hear 'he only got jail coz he's black, if he was white it wouldn't have even gone to court'.

Even given just a cursory glance it does seem as if there was quite some evidence against him.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

He probably thought he made it. Pretty good on his part not going at 40 or 50 with plenty of energy to use in life.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's certainly not a happy occasion. The Cosby Show came on Thursday night back in the day, and it was family TV night.
No matter what age you were, Young and old, everybody wanted to watch it, and everybody took something away from it. Being like the Huxtables was something to strive for.

But he certainly messed up a lot of lives. So although it's not a happy occasion, it's a just one.
I'm not happy that he's going to prison, but it is where he should be.

So much for that. Bill.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I have mixed feelings about this... I don't think he is guilty, but I also don't think he is innocent either. I think a lot of the women are jilted one night stands who are mad their careers went no where, but I do think some may not necessarily have been willing.

It is always hard to know, particularly with celebs because they have so man "options" when it comes to bedding women.

You don't think he's guilty?

Do you think Weinstein is guilty?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is it wrong for part of me to want for an 81 year old man to be repeatedly raped in prison?

The list of worse things you can do to a person is pretty short.

RIP Mr. Pill Cosby, Rot In Prison.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

He will probably be in a "cell" nicer than most people's man cave

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

That is the first thing that I thought of too, he is going to have a cushy cell.

I don't think it matters, his legacy is forever ruined. He is the quaalude rapist.
I think his wife might even be more disgusting them him, knowing all these years. Standing by him like
an idiot. She knew the outcome of the other case. She knew.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

You put the puddin' pop in the gen pop.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

the puns will never end

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Very True. Im sure it isn't so much what your cells like. but the fact you cant leave

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

He was basically convicted because of his own words.
How do you not consider that guilty?

www.thewrap.com...
“I think it was his deposition, really,” Snyder told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday, about what led to his vote. “Cosby admitted to giving these quaaludes to women, young women, in order to have sex with them.”

“He stated that he gave these drugs to other women,” Snyder continued. “I don’t think it really necessarily mattered that these other five women were here because he said it himself that these drugs were for other women.”

Context...

He is from an era when it was common to have lines of coke and other drugs at parties. Both men and women participated. It was just something that people did. In his mind, he may have felt you give a chick a lude (who knowingly accepts it) and she loosens up.

Let me give you an example. A lot of people today drink "lean" which is basically liquid heroin. The pop all kinds of pills. I mean hip hop is basically turned into some kind of drug bazaar now with artists rapping about taking drugs.

Pretty sure most of the groupies back stage are participating. Now fast forward 30 years. Some groupie comes out the woodwork and says Kanye West sexually assaulted me backstage at a concert. He gave me some Sprite with lean in it!

Knowing what you know now about the culture today, would you say that is normal behavior? If 30 years had passed and you know how people behaved at parties today, but 30 years from now Kanye says "I gave some chicks some lean..." woudl you say believe he sexually assaulted them without them knowing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join