It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I get e-mails from Netflix for movies hand-picked for me. Yesterday I got a recommendation for an older movie called "The Witch".
The movie is about a pilgrim like family in New England who left the reservation to go out on their own. They lived in solitude in the woods in a small farm house, a farm, animals, mother, father and four kids - son and daughter and twins (son and daughter). Movie opens with an infant child disappearing... it was pretty slow moving at first but I found it to be wicked suspenseful. It was like a train wreck... I was sort of regretting getting into it but I couldn't look away. The accents... omg! I couldn't understand a word they were speaking at first but after a little while I was able to understand, and then I got sucked in and loved the way they were speaking. Anyway, it was one of those movies that managed to keep me in suspense and scare me even though nothing truly scary really happened. Anyone else see it?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Seen it, it was intense. I really like goats but those goats were mean.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

In an age of flashy magic/superpowers, this movie sets an amazing tone of understatement. I loved how the movie unfolded and that you were never REALLY sure what the source of the misfortune was until the end. Well acted and well written.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ok good! I couldn't decide if it was really awful or really good!
Yeah I like the kind of movies that can grab your attention and keep you watching yet not have much in the way of special effects or gore! When that goat started talking boy I got totally spooked!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You might like Hereditary as well. It's a slow burn but worth it in my opinion.

edit on 18-9-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I liked The Witch when I saw it last year. It was a little 'off' and different and was definitely suspenseful. It is always nice to be pleasantly surprised by a movie.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yes! I rented this last week and I loved it. Super slow to get through but building the suspense the whole way. The end... jeez!!!!! Great movie.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I loved it!
And I thought the goat was badass!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
LIke someome else mentioned Hereditary had sort of the same slow burn style as the VVitch .
I also liked In A Quiet Place as a different take on horror.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Awesome, atmospheric flick ... good rendering of Amerca's weird, white invasion of religious fanatics ...along with some culty occultism that some people certainly believe to be the truth of our reality.

Not for mainstream consumption, tho.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This movie was given good reputation and scoring with the Magick community. As many in the same genre represent one side to the story.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I loved it!
And I thought the goat was badass!

Black Phillip approves of your feelings

I like that movie a lot, i never saw one like that but i also don't see much horror or such movies, this one i liked it, made me feel a bit afraid of being alone on the woods

new topics

top topics

join