It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become Like God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But it's not complicated, at all.
The image of God?
The beauty of all of the nature around you. That moment when the sun is about to set in the late afternoon and everything goes silent just for a second or two, long shadows casting through the trees and peace all around you. The energy that's in the air before/during/after a storm. The suffocating and mesmerizing silence during a snow storm when everything is insulated. The smell of the ocean air, no proof? complicated? How about Mt. Everest in all its glory? My God... the Amazon jungle, All wild life, ALL animals... walking through the forest in bare feet and feeling the energy of the Earth all around you. Birds singing hundreds of different songs for different reasons. The moment you realize the trees are budding in the Spring time. That earthy ozone smell in the Summer after a down pour. An innocent child just living in the moment without a care in the world. Waterfalls so tall and crashing down so loudly that you can't hear anything else. A raging river... or a gently flowing river. The very first tulip of the season. The garden harvest. Fruits and vegetables in all colors of the rainbow... a rainbow... # I could list a million "Images of God". Beauty, peace, living in the moment, just being what they're supposed to be. A dog doesn't question its existence, it just is. Simple.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jesus is the image of God we must strive for. Or if you are a girl then The Virgin Mary is the image you must strive to be like. Anything else is just ego.

I have met The Father & The Son ten thousand times. They are very real. I have also met The Virgin Mother countless times. I could write a million pages about them & you would not bother to read them. Basically you are going to burn in Hell until you become like Jesus & Mary & simply love God with everything you've got. Till then you are a spiritard. A spiritual retard.
edit on 18-9-2018 by SourcePage because: add typos

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
From Yoga Vasistha

DO YOU KNOW WHO GOD IS?
Do you know who 'God' is? God is not Visnu (a deity) or Siva (energy) or Brahma (creator), not the wind, the sun nor the moon; not I or you; not Laksmi, or the mind (intellect).

God is without form and undivided (not in the objects); that splendor (devanam) which is not made and which has neither beginning nor end is known as god (deva) which is pure consciousness (awareness).

That alone is fit to be worshipped; that alone is all.

If one is unable to worship this consciousness, then he is encouraged to worship the form.

The latter yields finite results, but the former (consciousness) bestows infinite bliss. He who ignores the Infinite and is devoted to the finite abandons a pleasure garden, and seeks the thorny bush.

However, sages sometimes worship a form playfully.

Now for the articles used in worship: wisdom, self-control and the perception of the Self in all beings are the foremost among those articles. The Self alone is consciousness, which is fit to be worshipped at all times with the flowers of wisdom.

Indeed only infinite consciousness (cid-akasa) which alone exists even after the cosmic dissolution, exists even now, utterly devoid of objectivity. All these mountains, the whole world, the firmament, the Self, the jiva (individual) and all the elements of which the world is constituted - all these are nothing but pure consciousness.

Before the so-called creation, when only this pure consciousness existed, where were all these (heaven, etc)?

Space (akasa), supreme or infinite space (paramakasam), absolute space (brahmakasam), creation, consciousness - are mere words and they indicate the same truth, even as synonyms do.

Even as the duality experienced in a dream is illusory, the duality implied in the creation of the world is illusory. Even as the dream objects seem to exist and function in the inner world of consciousness in a dream, objects seem to exist and function in the outer world of consciousness during the wakeful state.

Nothing really happens in both these states. Even as consciousness alone is the reality in the dream state, consciousness alone is the substance in the wakeful state too.

That is the Lord, this is the supreme truth, that you are, that am I, that is all.

The worship of that Lord (consciousness) is true worship, and by that worship one attains everything. Consciousness is undivided and indivisible, non-dual and neither fashioned nor created by activity; it is not attained by external efforts. Its adoration is the fountain source of joy.

The external worship of a form (deity, holy personage) is prescribed for those whose intelligence has not be awakened, and who are immature like little boys. When one does not have self-control, he uses flowers in worship; such worship is futile, even as adoring the Self in an external form is futile. However these immature devotees derive satisfaction by worshipping an object created by themselves, they may even earn worthless reward from such worship.

I shall now describe to you the mode of worship appropriate to enlightened people. The Lord fit to be worshipped is the one who upholds the entire creation, who is beyond thoughts and description, who is beyond the concepts of even the 'all' and the 'collective totality.'

He alone is referred to as 'God' who is undivided and indivisible by space and time, who's light illumines all the objects, who is pure and absolute consciousness. He is that intelligence which is beyond all its parts, which is hidden in all that is, which is the being in all that is and which robs all that is of their being (i.e. which veils the truth of their Self). This God is in the middle of being and non-being (as awareness). It is God, and the truth that is indicated by 'Om'. It (awareness) exists everywhere, like the essence in a plant.

The pure consciousness which is in you, in me and in all the gods and goddesses alone is God. Holy one, eve the other gods endowed with form are indeed nothing but that pure consciousness. That is God, that is 'all' I am; everything is attained from and through him.

That God is not distant from anyone, nor is he difficult to attain: since he is forever seated in the body and he is everywhere like

Worth quoting.
Brilliant, once again JN!
Thank-you for the give-away.
Have a Gymtastic day!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I like the god that Atheists believe in.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
First we all should clean up what our image of god is before we try to become his image. Not?

Is unlimited, unconditional love really the answer? It looks so simple but if you think about it it's incredible complicated. What would being a good god look like?

You couldn't go far wrong with Audrey. Lovely inside and out, not just for show either.

Or Mandela...but then he was one of those gods that walked amongst us and is already so notable by his absence.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's what we all should strive for, to be little images of god.

No, thank you. I don't need all that responsibility.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think if you reasoned logically you would understand that the Judeo Christian God is perfect
That would take a bit of thought

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourcePage
Jesus is the image of God we must strive for. Or if you are a girl then The Virgin Mary is the image you must strive to be like. Anything else is just ego.

I'm not sure I agree with your opinion. We probably need a balance between being selfless and being selfish. There are many selfless people I have met who have hurt themselves very badly by not being selfish enough to take care of their own personal needs.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This is in philosophy not religions, the question is more about what image you would like to have of a god rather than which ones existed before and in no way is it relevant if he exists at all.

The image of God is infinite beauty beyond our comprehension.

Since this is a philosophy thread, God is just a word. The word God is a container word representing all possibilities in reality and the mind that have ever occurred or will ever occur.

As an image, God is pure meaning as a single experience. The image of God is the strongest possible white light permeating every possible perception in a single moment of complete neural excitation where time stops, all conscious thought is focused to a single point, and one experiences eternal heavenly bliss. Looking into the face of God, that is the image of God or God's infinite beauty, is the greatest possible experience a self-aware conscious being can ever possibly have by definition. The word God cannot mean anything less.

All other experiences, all other words, occur in a space of duality. With duality, all experiences are incomplete, imprecise, and full of divisions. With duality, in order for words to have any meaning at all you must have a unity of opposites:

en.wikipedia.org...

The God experience of oneness is the only complete experience. In terms of philosophy, here's a good discussion on the nature of nonduality:

At first viewing you might think Joan is some new age space cadet. But actually, this is probably one of best talks I've ever seen on the subject of nonduality. Her simplicity in grasping the subject is pure genius. Words have meaning. But you have to be present in the moment to understand the true meaning of all the words in relationship to each other.

Most of us are too busy labeling what other people are saying is BS to really ever hear what other people are saying.

edit on 18-9-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Is unlimited, unconditional love really the answer? It looks so simple but if you think about it it's incredible complicated. What would being a good god look like?

What you talking about is mythology. Gods in mythology are reflections of human nature. If you are interested in a really good mapping of human nature in terms of "what would being a good god look like" consider the following book:

www.amazon.com...

The archetypal psychology presented in this book shows us what a "good" king would act like.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SourcePage

I dont like your version of Jesus, He would only ever love.
No one is a spiritard, only learning
Your faith is nasty and horrible

Mary, she was a sinner offered a unique gift, have a child.
You are in my opinion a idol worshiper, pretty nasty one at that

Christians become like Jesus through the help of the Spirit, you deny christianity
People choose hell because its better than being with judgemental people like you

I am really sad christians like you exist

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I see the image of God as the Psychological Archetype. As in, the true, unabridged you. We are all unique in our own way, fragments of that same "I Am" but with individuality that pioneers the limitless facets of the human-God experience. The liberating Truth is to be you, and to not compromise the truth, even if it means getting put to death without cause.

I try to remember the childhood me, the era before I was adulterated.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I dont like your version of Jesus, He would only ever love.
No one is a spiritard, only learning
Your faith is nasty and horrible

Mary, she was a sinner offered a unique gift, have a child.
You are in my opinion a idol worshiper, pretty nasty one at that

Christians become like Jesus through the help of the Spirit, you deny christianity
People choose hell because its better than being with judgemental people like you

I am really sad christians like you exist

Well I have never claimed to be a Christian? I think Christians are some of the most evil people on the planet & actually keep people from knowing the living God. They have tortured & killed billions of innocent people. They really are wicked. So I think they are devils mostly. Jesus called His disciples 'Satan" when they said something wrong. He also got very upset & cried out, "Oh God How Long Have I Got To Be With You Morons". Or something to that effect. So He said the same things I say in my posts didn't He??? And you abuse me for saying we should be like Jesus while not being like Jesus myself. Well obviously you are more retarded that I thought. For Jesus did call His closest friends & disciples, "Satan" & lamented having to be in the same room as them because they were so spiritually retarded. Read up about it. I am not making this up.

So you are totally wrong & i forgive you because you are an idiot & know no better

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That was a great reply, almost too good for that purpose alone. But there you go.a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The image of God is infinite beauty beyond our comprehension.

Most of us are too busy labeling what other people are saying is BS to really ever hear what other people are saying.

i have seen God & His Son face to face ten thousand times. You also can see God in person & know God. Life does not begin until God manifests in person & you see reality for the first time. There's no need to speculate about the spiritual side of life like all the morons at this site are doing. Just surrender your life to God & give your soul to God & never look back. Just do it

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him,

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
No one has to 'become' like God.
There is only BEING.........but if the word 'become' has been believed then there will a seeking in time.
God is timeless BEING.

What is IS.

But who wants what is? It just does not seem to be enough...............so the imagination of more and better arises and with it hope. And the sense of lack.

What was right at the bottom of Pandora's box?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

you have said this as a joke i believe. "if you are a girl" part.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
welcome like a god is better idea i think.
oh this my funny day. sorry guys.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think you are confused
Jesus was God, you are not

You enjoy being what you are

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join