It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning long range imaging over 100 miles in infrared reveals the amazing flat earth reality!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Go home your drunk.

a reply to: GBP/JPY

Hey now. You are disrespecting drunk people. I can be tanked and still make more sense. I think there may be another description you are looking for, but I won't go there.. lol

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
they say the world has been around a long time, millions of years....

We've got a regular Dr. Evil here.

edit on 12/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Threads like these make me giggle.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beatbox

Ask yourself this one question.

If you stand on a California beach and look through a telescope, will you see Hawaii?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Good catch, but remember that the windows are curved to follow the shape of the body which it is set in. So in airplane windows there appears to be a slight curve in the distance.

Stupid
1. The curve would produce a skewed image in line with the body of the plane, not some other arbitry curve. Unless the windows are curved some other direction to conform to... i dunno, your dumb theory?
2. My eyeball is curved, yet i can see a straight line.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MightyDillHole
a reply to: Raggedyman

You say that because these crackpots are for the most part, creationists.
Many of them also believe in mud fossils and the Devil's Tower in Wyoming is the stump of a giant tree...
Eric Dubay is a bigger charlatan than Ken Ham...

Maybe, I dont know, dont know or care, a person believing in a flat earth does me no harm

Evidently it causes you great fear

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Isn't that the same as doing this...? The Flat Basketball

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Maybe, I dont know, dont know or care, a person believing in a flat earth does me no harm

I think it says more about the levels of education or more precisely, the decline of them, if people are actively ignoring the science and physics of it all.

And the scariest bit is the movement of people trying to give this false information a platform to be be heard as though it has credence to its assertions. It doesn't. But if someone of stature says it does, then the masses of the uneducated *will* believe it and presto -- we have more idiots in the world

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Isn't that the same as doing this...? The Flat Basketball

As a poster in that link states:
"If the earth WAS flat, wouldn’t you spend all your time and money to travel to see the edge of it and look over?"

Even if it was that "Ice Wall", wouldn't people just melt the ice to solve the drought problem? In fact if somebody that does believe in the flat earth stup….theory, could they explain that deal with the ice wall since I'm unclear on the idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Dang another post of someone making a fool out of themselves,no real comparison at all,this has to be an experiment on how stupid school kids have become,damn that government

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I think it says more about the levels of education or more precisely, the decline of them, if people are actively ignoring the science and physics of it all.

And the scariest bit is the movement of people trying to give this false information a platform to be be heard as though it has credence to its assertions. It doesn't. But if someone of stature says it does, then the masses of the uneducated *will* believe it and presto -- we have more idiots in the world

No more no less idiots than the day before, just the same amount
I am pretty content the world is round, some one else thinking otherwise does not confront me

I dont get the hate, believe what you want

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Evidentily hunh?
I suppose when you have "faith", evidence can mean whatever you want it to mean.
And just like your evidence for god falls flat...so does your evidence for my so called "fear"...
What is it you think I fear exactly...besides the very real dumbifacaction of today's youth by ideological pinheads spreading nonsense as truth?

edit on 13-9-2018 by MightyDillHole because: Crap spellchecker

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MightyDillHole

Evidentily hunh?
I suppose when you have "faith", evidence can mean whatever you want it to mean.
And just like your evidence for god falls flat...so does your evidence for my so calked "fear"...
What is it you think I fear exactly...besides the very real dumbifacaction of today's youth by ideological pinheads spreading nonsense as truth?

Judging by the angst, your fear is you are irrelevant and your opinion is nothing
You can officially call yourself mature when you can accept anothers opinion as valid to them and disagree without going all la la.
Maybe they will change their mind, but being a bitch about it wont help

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

yes - actual " belief in a flat earth " does frighten me ,

not because they believve the earth is flat - that i itself is not dangerous

what IS dangerous is the " thinking " needed to arrive at the conclusion - " teh earth is flat "

while simple ignorance and lack if education - COULD nurture the idea that the eatrrth is flat

to continue to hold such beliefs in 2018 - in the face of the science , mathematics , obserations and critical thinking that demonstrates that the earth is a spheroid is VVERY dangerous

because once you are using " logic " - that cannot or will not falsifie " your " flat earth delusion

then " you " have the mindest to embrace just about ANY delusion - however absurd

one such truely dangerous belief is the anti vvaccination cult

it would be interesting to get reliable figures on just what " over lap " there is between the 2

i could go on - but its admin day

so yes - flat earth belief IS ddangerous - and does scare me

PS - i use your and you - in quotes to attempt to reflect the fact that ATS member raggedeyman - does actually accept the spheroid model

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I don't see the threat you see
In fact I think your argument inferring a relationship between vaccination and flat earth belief would be as churlish as me suggesting all atheists accept Stalin and Mao as rational men because communism is atheistic in its anti religion stance

But hey, whatever floats your boat
In fact atheists have killed more people for atheism than flat earthers have for flat earthism

Yes, I know my argument is stupid, that's the point

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

In fact atheists have killed more people for atheism than flat earthers have for flat earthism

You meant to say , "Christians have killed more people for christianity than flat earthers have for flat earthism"

I have never hear of someone 'killing' someone in the name of atheism. Religious fools killing people because said people do not believe in their religion -- categorically true.

Someone killing someone in the name of 'rejecting the claim there is a God' ?? O_o Never heard of it.

No, you're argument is plain wrong.

edit on 13-9-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Jip... it’s flat, that’s why we use a formula to calculate and compensate for the curvature of the earth when setting up long-range wifi.

Anyone who truly believes the earth is flat has suffered some kind of trauma due to loved ones lying to them.
I truly believe flat-earthers have a mental condition, and it should be studied (:
edit on 13-9-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow....Ats has changed. From having engaged discissions to personal attacks.

Mods delete this thread please!!! And while you’re at delete my account! Because ppl like me are not wanted here.
edit on 13-9-2018 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If you wish compelling evidence that our earth is not flat simply go to the top of any tall building and witness the horizon.

Or if you dont like heights stick a lollipop stick in the ground and watch the length/position of the shadow it casts via the Sun change.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You meant to say , "Christians have killed more people for christianity than flat earthers have for flat earthism"

I have never hear of someone 'killing' someone in the name of atheism. Religious fools killing people because said people do not believe in their religion -- categorically true.

Someone killing someone in the name of 'rejecting the claim there is a God' ?? O_o Never heard of it.

No, you're argument is plain wrong.

I expected a reply to that "stupid" comment I made
Funny I even stated clearly my comment was stupid (also means it's wrong)

It's pretty funny you.... well maybe you might have the capacity to self reflect, probably not if you are trying to defend against a comment I made clear wasn't a reality, that you are defending against a comment I stated was stupid

But make no mistake, Stalin was an atheist as was Mao, as were their regimes and they killed 10s of millions in the name of their atheist ideologies.
Those two probably killed more than all religions put together, you crunch the numbers

That unlike a flat eart is catagoricaly fact

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join