It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning long range imaging over 100 miles in infrared reveals the amazing flat earth reality!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

i shall do a proper reply - laters - but you have miss-read // miss-understand what i wrote

please read again :

my position is that the lack of science and logic that allows flat earth belief = dangerous - as such faulty thinking permits other trueley dangerous delusions to ferment

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

i shall do a proper reply - laters - but you have miss-read // miss-understand what i wrote

please read again :

my position is that the lack of science and logic that allows flat earth belief = dangerous - as such faulty thinking permits other trueley dangerous delusions to ferment

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Sorry if I misunderstood you, it happens

See I believe humans are created in the image of God, unique, amazing as well as valued.
Atheists see people as animals

I understand your argument, just have a different view

Same but different dangerous delusion that has killed millions

I don't see a flat earth belief as dangerous when science teaches humans are animals, that's the context
edit on 13-9-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

please read again :

I completely agree with this.

It's not the conclusion that they drew that necessarily is problematic (in this case it isn't), but the type of poor critical thinking skills and the inability to think logically to understand what the raw input/raw data is really telling them. That might be dangerous in other cases.

The most dangerous part is the manner in which they blindly believe the claims of others without doing any of the critical thinking necessary to validate those claims. This may not be dangerous if the result is simply believing the earth is flat, but it might be dangerous if the claims a person is blindly believing causes undue harm to others, such as supporting hatred, exclusion, fear, or war based soley on the claims of others.

I would not blindly take someone's word for it that the Earth is a sphere without understandting the reasons why they say the Earth is a sphere (i.e., I don't expect people to blindly believe me just because I say something, so why should I blindly believe others). Instead, I attempt to verify all claims to the best of my ability before I chose to believe them.

To do that, I have made some of the observations myself that are required to understand those claims, and I've used critical thinking to validate the conclusion of a spheroid Earth. I've also scrutinized those same observations relative to the claims of a Flat Earth, and those claims do not hold up to the same scrutiny.

edit on 13/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yeah but
That is a strawman, believing in a flat earth is not evenly remotely related to "might be dangerous" issues
Hitler had the best scientists working on Jews, experimenting on them, testing them because they were lesser humans than modern Aryan Germans, the pinnacle of evolution
Dumb is just dumb, it doesn't mean evil

rationalwiki.org...
Science can be corrupted just like non science can

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
But make no mistake, Stalin was an atheist as was Mao, as were their regimes and they killed 10s of millions in the name of their atheist ideologies.

What were their atheist ideologies? Please list 3 of them.

Atheism isn't an ideology. It's merely the rejection against the claim there is a God. Nothing more. That isn't an ideology.

If you claim the earth is flat and I say I don't believe you, does that make me an aFlatEarthist? If so. does the disbelief in a flat earth mean that is an ideology?? Is so, what is the 'ideology' in my rejection of your claims to a flat earth?

Those two probably killed more than all religions put together, you crunch the numbers

Maybe, but they didn't kill 'because' of their rejection to claims in a God. But I'm not interesting in a p*ssing match about death tolls. In fact, I'm not sure how you managed to wrangle this thread into your religious ideology but I'll pass.

Anyhow, the youtube video trying to show a flat earth from the infrared camera was utter tripe. I do wonder when these people, stupid enough to entertain the flat earth theory will either admit they are stupid and educate themselves, or breed themselves into extinction.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah but
That is a strawman, believing in a flat earth is not evenly remotely related to "might be dangerous" issues

Hitler had the best scientists working on Jews, experimenting on them, testing them because they were lesser humans than modern Aryan Germans, the pinnacle of evolution

Dumb is just dumb, it doesn't mean evil

rationalwiki.org...

Science can be corrupted just like non science can

Which is exactly what I said in my post -- that in the case of belief in a Flat Earth, it is not a dangerous belief.

So I'm not seeing the straw man you claim.

It seems you and I are in agreement that while the belief in a Flat Earth is not dangerous per se, the type of thinking that leads to that kind of belief is dangerous -- that is, blindly accepting claims of others without using critical thought and scrutiny to verify those claims.

As for Hitler and his scientists, the idea that people are lesser "just because of a religion they follow" is a simple claim for me to dispute, even though some people are too blinded by their pre-conceived notions of hatred to see it. That science was poorly done, and blindly disregarded the evidence that went against the pre-conceived notion that whites (or specifically "Aryans") are superior to non-whites or that non-jews were better than jews. The evidence existed that contradicted their beliefs, they just chose to ignore that evidence, probably because it contradicted their (or Hitler's) pre-conceived beliefs.

Like I said, poorly-done science.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It had nothing to do with religion...
Unbelievable

People are dumb, flat earthers or scientists, atheists or religios, people are dumb

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It had nothing to do with religion...
Unbelievable

People are dumb, flat earthers or scientists, atheists or religios, people are dumb

Correct. That's why I also mentioned that they believed "whites (or specifically "Aryans") are superior to non-whites."

They fell for the fallacy of confirmation bias in order to try to substantiate their claims. They would use the evidence that agreed with their claims, but ignored all evidence that disputed their claims -- because in their minds the evidence that agreed with their claims must be right (because they agree with their claims), while the evidence that refuted their claims must be bad evidence, simply becuase it refuted their claims.

Someone might call that science, but it's bad science.

EDIT TO ADD: And it was often just about the Jewish religion that led to Jews being persecuted. Ashkenasic Jews (European Jews, some of whom were otherwise very Aryan) were persecuted for being Jewish.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

www.tektonics.org...
Just a bit of food for though, ideology or not, it's your decision, I am smart enough to see both arguments, mostly neutral, it's nothing to me
But

Why did I hijack the thread
I read a reply saying flat earth is a dangerous belief
That's just stupid
Then someone said flat earthers would believe anything and that ferments dangerous views, dangerous people, again stupid statement
Be a bit like me saying all atheist scientists think non Aryans are sub human and are fermenting dangerous ideas and eugenics

Anyway I like the Flatters argument, it made me think and research and come to a conclusion based on evidence I sought for myself and not the Internet or stupid science boffins who tell me what I should believe

And truly, I don't think this is about poor education I think it's more about trusting people who think they have a right to others trust and demand respect not earn it

As for breeding themselves out of existence, highly unlikely, I think they are against contraception

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just remember there are many blacks who think they are superior to whites and most flatters would think you and I are just brainwashed fools
Perspectives and opinions
The Jews were a race of people who didn't often marry outside of their faith
It was not about religion mostly, maybe?

edit on 13-9-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Anyway I like the Flatters argument, it made me think and research and come to a conclusion based on evidence I sought for myself and not the Internet or stupid science boffins who tell me what I should believe

Which is exactly what anyone should do with any claim.

However, it's important for a person to dig deep and perform their due diligence in attempting to confirm a claim. They cannot simply look at the surface argument and go with it because "it sounds right" to them.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just remember there are many blacks who think they are superior to whites and most flatters would think you and I are just brainwashed fools
Perspectives and opinions

If they could produce evidence (evidence that stands up to true scrutiny) showing that they are right and I am brainwashed, then good for them.

If the evidence checks out, then I will agree with them. If the evidence does not check out, then their perspective is incorrect. If the evidence is inconclusive, then the right thing to believe is that more research needs to be done before any conclusion could be drawn.

EDIT TO ADD: And if I or they don't understand the evidence then we should make a best attempt to understand it. If we can't personally understand it, then we should personally not draw definite conclusions.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beatbox
Wow....Ats has changed. From having engaged discissions to personal attacks.

Mods delete this thread please!!! And while you’re at delete my account! Because ppl like me are not wanted here.

Please check my responses I have not used any personal attacks, before you leave OP could you please comment on the picture I have taken from your video and state what you see, I think it shows a curve

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Be careful . The Reptoids may pay you a visit

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Humans are animals.
Your primitive belief system doesn't change that.
By the way...you keep bringing up people being the idiots fearing this idea of a flat earth...
In this thread, not a single person has said they have a fear of this idea.
Dangerous yes, fear no.
They aren't the same and are wholly non-exclusive.
You are the one projecting that assumotion on everyone else.
Like your belief in god and your fear and characterisation of athiests, its a delusion.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Sorry, what?
According to you, we are all unique children of god...so I'm either very relevant or you are full of #.
It is not only immature to accept everyones idiotic ideas as valid when clearly they are not, it's childish and stupid.
The only one being a bitch here is you.
"Wah...wah...wah!!!....everyone believes in science but I'm the only one who knows the real truth, blah, blah....God!".
Talk about a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beatbox

Yeah it has changed...
It used to be a platform for intelligent discussion on a variety of paranormal subjects.
Then they let in creationism and other religious crap.
Thats when "Deny Ignorance" became:
"Let The Crackpots In = More Controversy =More Posts = More Revenue".
Creationism, flat earth, intelligent design...not only "Ignorance", but "Willfull Ignorance".
And no shortage of willfully ignorant posters to fill the coffers...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Case closed.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MightyDillHole

Sorry, what?
According to you, we are all unique children of god...so I'm either very relevant or you are full of #.
It is not only immature to accept everyones idiotic ideas as valid when clearly they are not, it's childish and stupid.
The only one being a bitch here is you.
"Wah...wah...wah!!!....everyone believes in science but I'm the only one who knows the real truth, blah, blah....God!".
Talk about a hypocrite.

Yet you are the one having the tantrum and demanding we all agree with you
"Wah...wah...wah!!!....
Really?

I never said we should accept anyone's ideas, we just have to accept that we can't change other peoples ideas so put your big boy pants on and deal with it
Immaturity is yelling at others to get your own way
Valid or childish, you can bitch piss and moan but it changes nothing, just makes yourself look like an arrogant self righteous tool.

According to me, thats clearly not according to you and you are welcome to your opinion

Cry baby

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join