It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

House said. “There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

Maybe someone hacked into or took over the system?

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That telescope floats on 8 tons of mercury... could be dangerous if leaked out in the area.
edit on 11091130pm302018Sat, 08 Sep 2018 13:11:07 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Not exactly top security, a stop sign and some tape

It's not like looters are going to come from the neighboring town and ransack the joint. Besides, who knows what *other* security is employed you can't see- especially with the FBI and at least 1 helicopter swarming the place. And a Blackhawk at that. Yipes.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well to get way out there
11/9 an asteroid discovered just three days ago will pass earth.

NASA Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY

Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY Is there life on Mars?

NASA Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY THE recently discovered Asteroid 2018 RC is heading towards us this weekend for a near-Earth approach, NASA has revealed.
The barrelling asteroid will zip past the planet just after 1pm BST (noon UTC) on Sunday, September 9 - just five days after it was discovered.
NASA expects Asteroid RC to come incredibly close to the planet at just half the distance between the Earth and the Moon. Gianluca Masi, head of the Italy-based Virtual Telescope, told Express.co.uk the asteroid will come within 136,700 miles (220,000 km).
The astronomer said: “Next September 9, at 12.06am UTC, the just discovered near-Earth Asteroid 2018 RC, with an estimated diameter of 32m to 71m, Astronomers believe the space rock measures somewhere between 104ft (32m) and 232.9ft (71m) in diameter,will have a very close flyby with our planet, coming as close as 220,000km – about 50 percent of the average lunar distance.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 8-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

“There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

What would antennas and towers have in common with a threat?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
A little background. Notice the 'White Sands' reference.
www.youtube.com...

Yeah the author of Close Encounters says
Dr. Richard Boylan's Close Encounters Account
by
Richard Boylan, Ph.D., LLC

the National Solar Observatory, clkassified UMBRA, at Sunspot, NM where USAF scientists research among other things spaceflight effects of geomagnetics; and the adjacent National Security Agency's ELMINT Sacramento Peak Frequency Surveillance Station (under cover of U.S. Army) which monitors electromagnetic intelligence around the White Sands Missile Range, Holloman Air Force Base and NASA's secret Johnson Space City complex behind White Sands National Monument.

www.drboylan.com...

He says classification UMBRA is top secret

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Installing new top secret equipment, maybe?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: olaru12

Could be a fire/arson and that's why the feds were called in. Crime in the national forest.

Wouldn't there be fire crews? No mention of that.

No big current wild fires close by closet one is in western New Mexico also kind of strange nothing on the story in national news.

Just trying to eliminate possibilities. A CME or solar flare would take 12-40 hours to hit earth, so if thats the news we are right at the far end of it hitting so much so you could probably rule that extremely unlikely event out. LOL where is the President lol if he is out and about it not world ending lol

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Plotus
A little background. Notice the 'White Sands' reference.
www.youtube.com...

Yeah the author of Close Encounters says
Dr. Richard Boylan's Close Encounters Account
by
Richard Boylan, Ph.D., LLC

the National Solar Observatory, clkassified UMBRA, at Sunspot, NM where USAF scientists research among other things spaceflight effects of geomagnetics; and the adjacent National Security Agency's ELMINT Sacramento Peak Frequency Surveillance Station (under cover of U.S. Army) which monitors electromagnetic intelligence around the White Sands Missile Range, Holloman Air Force Base and NASA's secret Johnson Space City complex behind White Sands National Monument.

www.drboylan.com...

He says classification UMBRA is top secret

www.acronymfinder.com...

UMBRA [not an acronym] US Codeword for high grade SIGINT

www.google.com...

SIGINT is intelligence derived from electronic signals and systems used by foreign targets, such as communications systems, radars, and weapons systems. SIGINT provides a vital window for our nation into foreign adversaries' capabilities, actions, and intentions.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Why would you close the post office for that?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well to get way out there
11/9 an asteroid discovered just three days ago will pass earth.

NASA Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY

Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY Is there life on Mars?

NASA Asteroid 2018 RC WARNING: Newly discovered asteroid to skim Earth on SUNDAY THE recently discovered Asteroid 2018 RC is heading towards us this weekend for a near-Earth approach, NASA has revealed.
The barrelling asteroid will zip past the planet just after 1pm BST (noon UTC) on Sunday, September 9 - just five days after it was discovered.
NASA expects Asteroid RC to come incredibly close to the planet at just half the distance between the Earth and the Moon. Gianluca Masi, head of the Italy-based Virtual Telescope, told Express.co.uk the asteroid will come within 136,700 miles (220,000 km).
The astronomer said: “Next September 9, at 12.06am UTC, the just discovered near-Earth Asteroid 2018 RC, with an estimated diameter of 32m to 71m, Astronomers believe the space rock measures somewhere between 104ft (32m) and 232.9ft (71m) in diameter,will have a very close flyby with our planet, coming as close as 220,000km – about 50 percent of the average lunar distance.

www.express.co.uk...

12:06 AM that's tonight . Everybody probably knew that but I just wanted to make sure .

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Just adding my uninformed suggestion to all of the rest here.

EDIT: Why would workers be climbing all over antennas and towers there?
edit on 8-9-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Try looking for sudden travel by bigwigs

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just got a call back from the Cloudcroft radio station and the entire facility is being moved to AZ and Calif. Staff has already moved.

Is it true? idk....

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Just adding my uninformed suggestion to all of the rest here.

EDIT: Why would workers be climbing all over antennas and towers there?

Lol, got me! I was hoping you had an idea I missed been spinning so many in my head it hurts!
I keep picturing someone trying to leak info on something from the observatory.

Like something that is more than we are told like this one
APOD: Announcing Nova Carinae 2018 (2018 Mar 25)

Explanation: How bright will Nova Carinae 2018 become? The new nova was discovered only last week. Although novas occur frequently throughout the universe, this nova, cataloged as ASASSN-18fv, is so unusually bright in the skies of Earth that it is now easily visible through binoculars in the southern hemisphere.
Identified by the arrow, the nova occurs near the direction of the picturesque Carina Nebula. A nova is typically caused by a thermonuclear explosion on the surface of a white dwarf star that is accreting matter from a binary companion, although details of this outburst are currently unknown.
Both professional and amateur astronomers will be monitoring this unusual stellar outburst in the coming weeks, looking to see how Nova Carinae 2018 evolves, including whether it becomes bright enough to be visible to the unaided eye.

asterisk.apod.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I just got a call back from the Cloudcroft radio station and the entire facility is being moved to AZ and Calif. Staff has already moved.

Is it true? idk....

Wow that would be strange no one there knowing they are being moved. Even then People may want to send out a letter. the USPS guy was angry not knowing why there were shut down.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why all the hulabaloo? not questioning the veracity just the security precautions seem strange

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well it does not look like we will get any answers that add up. They are moving the facility and somehow that requires a blackhawk,fbi and shutting down the post office while demanding the sheriff keep quite.

kudos to the poster that called the radio station.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I get it now...

Top secret equipment being moved.

Shutting down the uspo lessens the likely hood of people seeing what is going on.

It has been fun.

edit on 8-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I called three businesses.

The first one was High Attitude ( Bar restaurant ) they didn't even know it was going on .

The second one was the family dollar and they had no clue it was going on

On the third caller I got a nice lady at Mountain Magic (gift shop) who tried to be informative but only told me things we already knew. But she did take down my number and promised to pass on any information she receives.

Let's see what happens .
edit on 8-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join