It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I called three businesses.

The first one was High Attitude ( Bar restaurant ) they didn't even know it was going on .

The second one was the family dollar and they had no clue it was going on

On the third caller I got a nice lady at Mountain Magic (gift shop) who tried to be informative but only told me things we already knew. But she did take down my number and promised to pass on any information she receives.

Let's see what happens .

Well that actually rules out much.

For one we now know that it is not a big deal to the town.With the rate at which rumors spread in small towns we can figure that no one has been hurt and there is no serious danger.

g14 classified top flight

There were no evacuations but only people and classified equipment moving to a new town.

Now the big question that someone reading this has the answer to but can not say is what is the classified equipment they are keeping from the public?

Good point about small towns. Grew up in one and they do tend to amplify things.

Classified equipment, Mercury spill, postal threat or Aliens.

I don't have a clue what's going on yet?

Edit:
AV was working fine a minute ago
edit on 8-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Lightdhype

One thing is bugging the living daylights out of me:

Why ISN'T the FBI trying to cover this up? Why not send the trucks, send the EVA suited people, send everything but the kitchen sink

Just an opinion, but maybe they are cold enough to allow the non-essential locals to provide the bodies for CNN.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
S&Fđź‘Ť

So E.T. tried to phone home...
Denied access...
Decided to go to the Post Office to send a Postcard.
Why else would the FBI swoop in with a Blackhawk so fast.

Been going on since Thursday and no Hazmat crews have come to the aid of any chemical threat.

This thread is a good one.đź‘Ť

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here you go...

The real Edgar Cayce Map. Hold on to your butts!

Update: My phone is being a bitch...no upload or link will work. Google Image Search "Cayce Map" then pick the old looking map from builtinlondon.co. This is the original Edgar Cayce Map from the readings and was uploaded July 2018. Note the New Mexico Region...

a reply to: SeaWorthy

edit on 8-9-2018 by SecretsoftheBlueApples because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2018 by SecretsoftheBlueApples because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I called three businesses.

The first one was High Attitude ( Bar restaurant ) they didn't even know it was going on .

The second one was the family dollar and they had no clue it was going on

On the third caller I got a nice lady at Mountain Magic (gift shop) who tried to be informative but only told me things we already knew. But she did take down my number and promised to pass on any information she receives.

Let's see what happens .

Well that actually rules out much.

For one we now know that it is not a big deal to the town.With the rate at which rumors spread in small towns we can figure that no one has been hurt and there is no serious danger.

g14 classified top flight

There were no evacuations but only people and classified equipment moving to a new town.

Now the big question that someone reading this has the answer to but can not say is what is the classified equipment they are keeping from the public?

If that's all it is, we don't need to know anyway.

link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Lightdhype

One thing is bugging the living daylights out of me:

Why ISN'T the FBI trying to cover this up? Why not send the trucks, send the EVA suited people, send everything but the kitchen sink

Just an opinion, but maybe they are cold enough to allow the non-essential locals to provide the bodies for CNN.

For the next "mass shooting"?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Facebook page of the Sunspot Solar Observatory shows a message stating, "Due to site closure, the Visitors Center, along with the Dunn Solar Telescope is temporarily closed until further notice."

In the comments on the facebook page for the Alamogordo Daily News on their article there is a local resident who posted saying, "My family was evacuated out yesterday at 9 am
" with no follow up posts or further explanation.

Other than this, there is very little follow up on this topic anywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The info has grown smaller and small, thanks for this.
Interesting! Again each thing I can think of makes no sense with all of the information. I am thinking maybe the area including the post office may be effected by an underground instillation. The guys who were called to help evacuate saw nothing and were not needed, maybe that is because they were not told about the areas underground.
Just another wild speculation!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

"Right now, what we're told is that they've temporarily evacuated the area. We haven't been told why or when that expires," said Rod Spurgeon, a spokesman with the USPS.

Google the name Rod Spurgeon.

A coincidence surely.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is quite interesting. I can think of only a few things that would cause the Post Office to close so quickly:

1. A radiological weapon.

2. A chemical weapon.

3. A dime bag of weed.

Take your pick.

[/jk]

-dex

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Door #3 please Dex...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

"Right now, what we're told is that they've temporarily evacuated the area. We haven't been told why or when that expires," said Rod Spurgeon, a spokesman with the USPS.

Google the name Rod Spurgeon.

A coincidence surely.

Ha!Author of Who Blew Up My Ship?

Bold mine:-)

After losing their new, unused battleship to a presumed act of piracy, the crew of the aged starcruiser Galaxy doggedly pursues those they believe responsible.
Their path is far from clear as they find themselvesfacing unspeakable horrors in the form of an exploding sun, an invasive computer virus, a horde of pirate zombies, and incredible leaps through time. Can the crew survive long enough to bring the pirates to justice?

Or
he Wereghost Menace

When a wereghost invades an otherwise routine delivery mission aboard the Starcruiser Galaxy, the crew of the venerable craft must find a way to eliminate it. The task proves more complicated than expected when the true origin of the creature reveals a vile secret that a powerful government will stop at nothing to keep hidden from public knowledge.

edit on 8-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If i had to take a guess i would say something very dangerous was sent through the mail to the observatory. Thinking possibly sarin you would have to go through the area to make sure people are safe. So it wouldn't surprise me to evacuate the area to prevent people from being exposed. Also if I'm right its unlikely we will know since if people knew someone has attacked using sarin would scare people.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
If i had to take a guess i would say something very dangerous was sent through the mail to the observatory. Thinking possibly sarin you would have to go through the area to make sure people are safe. So it wouldn't surprise me to evacuate the area to prevent people from being exposed. Also if I'm right its unlikely we will know since if people knew someone has attacked using sarin would scare people.

Well it covers most but what about the other guys called in to help evacuate, that would not have been done and they saw no hazmat suits or anything out of the ordinary.

Otero County Sheriff Benny House said the Otero County Sheriff’s Office was asked to standby. “The FBI is refusing to tell us what’s going on,” House said. “We’ve got people up there (at Sunspot) that requested us to standby while they evacuate it. Nobody would really elaborate on any of the circumstances as to why. The FBI were up there. What their purpose was nobody will say.” He said he has a lot of unanswered question about what occurred at Sunspot.

House said he pulled his deputies from the facility after there was no identifiable threat.

“They wanted us up there to help evacuate but nobody would tell us anything,” he said. “We went up there and everything was good. There was no threat. Nobody would identify any specific threat. We hung out for a little while then we left. No reason for us to be there. Nobody would tell us what we’re supposed to be watching out for.”

www.alamogordonews.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And what would something sent in the mail have to do with antennas and towers?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Big coronal hole...there has been yamming about one biggie...all year nearly, latest is a G1 and current, a minor...until someone says otherwise!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
www.tripadvisor.com...

Management of the site is in transition. Only one telescope was open to the public IF you catch the employee there, which we were fortunate enough to do. Visitor center has some interesting exhibits. 

That is a review from tripadvisor from a week ago. It seems they were already in transition at that point. So the move is not something that happened out of the blue. My bet is they just called it an emergency so they can have everyone on point for the move of some more sensitive equipment. Other than that, the place looks really dated and was due for a move or upgrade anyways.
edit on 8-9-2018 by LordOfDestruction because: Link

edit on 8-9-2018 by LordOfDestruction because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LordOfDestruction

Why did they close the post office with no notice?

Why not tell LE?

edit on 8-9-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordOfDestruction
www.tripadvisor.com...

Management of the site is in transition. Only one telescope was open to the public IF you catch the employee there, which we were fortunate enough to do. Visitor center has some interesting exhibits. 

That is a review from tripadvisor from a week ago. It seems they were already in transition at that point. So the move is not something that happened out of the blue. My bet is they just called it an emergency so they can have everyone on point for the move of some more sensitive equipment. Other than that, the place looks really dated and was due for a move or upgrade anyways.

I would think that would not take all this secrecy which actually drew attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Same guy. He writes fiction and works for the USPS. His Twitter shows the crossover. Maybe working next to the solar observatory provides ideas for his written work? And shutting down a PO is no small feat, short of a natural disaster or security concern there's really nothing else that will do it. So security issue. Also, why the FBI and not homeland security or department of energy? Criminal issue too maybe.

edit on 8-9-2018 by Jason88 because: Thoughts added

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join