It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i use to live in weekly apartments ... think motel 6 but biger and long team living

every door is the same and numbered the same except building a b c easy to confuse even sober we had alot of people stumble in drunk i did it once or twice just forgeting witch floor i was on

itwas the same in every room same tv same carpet chairs table everything yet some how ever drunk sob myself included knew the second the door was oppen we where at the wrong place no shooting nothing and where talking ghetto lowest rent in town place full of gangbangers n drug dealers

yet a #ing trained cop didnt know her own house and had less restrant than the local drug dealer bull# she went in there to kill that guy

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps police officers should leave their service weapons locked up at work, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Punishing all law enforcement due to the actions of one or even a few is a strange concept. It would be punishing since wearing a badge means they are walking targets both on and off the job.

Imagine if all the criminals knew that LEO's were unarmed at home? How about the members of drug gangs knowing that?

No, if one cop does wrong, punish that one cop. Don't make them and their families all targets for armed thugs who know they are unarmed.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

"I've accidentally gone to wrong car,"

And proceeded to then shoot the occupant?

Probably not.

One would imagine the difference in furnishing, smell, nevermind a variety of other factors, should have suggested she may have been in the wrong place.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Perhaps Police officers should leave their attitude and general ambivalence towards the public locked up at work when they finish there shift never mind service weapon?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This guy broke into my apartment and hung pictures of himself and his family up everywhere.

I'd better shoot him.

This is a tragedy that will be forgotten about come Monday, but heaven forbid a football player takes a goddamned knee...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Me thinks the officer better be drug tested cuz who the hell makes a mistake like this?

This reminds me of an old Dave Chappelle skit.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Link

OK, I'm caught up and I see the article has been updated. Watching that video of the mother is heart wrenching. Good student, active in church and hard working at a good job and someone walks in and shoots you for being in your own apartment.

I think if they don't at least convict of manslaughter, it would be a true injustice.

I can sort of see it playing out. Unlocked door, the guy hears someone breaking in and who knows how he reacted. I'd have grabbed the nearest available weapon and reacted strongly. It's likely just a sad story of things spiraling out of control, but even so the punishment needs to be severe.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Given the police have changed their thoughts on how to treat the shooting investigation, they must have gotten some info of interest.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Let the man's family walk her out back behind the courthouse, and shoot her in the head. Simple as that. That would be justice.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: vonclod

Didn't you know? all police officers are hero because 9/11 and the police union will protect her because even though she wasn't on duty police officers by definition are incapable of committing any crimes.

nothing will happen but a bunch of theatrics, and press conferences and then everyone will forget.

Very few people in the country believe "all police officers are heroes because 9/11". There are more anti-cop threads and articles and stories out there than good stories because stories about good run-ins with the police don't sell.

Americans have a serious hate-on for cops. Yes, there are some good reasons to be skeptical, (and this story is one of them), but the vast majority of cops are good people.

I do agree, however, with this incident, there will be theatrics and she will probably walk with a paid vacation (suspension)
and that will be the end of it. In the headlines, anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
arrest warrant issued, so maybe justice will prevail.

but only time will tell, based on what I read of the victim she will plea bargain quickly.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Ya, it's funny how people get riled up when innocent people are shot by the police.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It could have been planned due to a previous altercation with the man and thinks people would believe and forgive the wrong apartment part.

Ding ding ding ,ladies and gentleman we have a winner.
edit on 7-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So uh, her keys unlocked the door to another apt or she just leaves her door unlocked or she didnt think hey its unusual my door is unlocked...

We will never know.

Former booty call who didn't return her key and had an axe to grind?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: vonclod

Didn't you know? all police officers are hero because 9/11 and the police union will protect her because even though she wasn't on duty police officers by definition are incapable of committing any crimes.

nothing will happen but a bunch of theatrics, and press conferences and then everyone will forget.

Very few people in the country believe "all police officers are heroes because 9/11". There are more anti-cop threads and articles and stories out there than good stories because stories about good run-ins with the police don't sell.

Americans have a serious hate-on for cops. Yes, there are some good reasons to be skeptical, (and this story is one of them), but the vast majority of cops are good people.

I do agree, however, with this incident, there will be theatrics and she will probably walk with a paid vacation (suspension)
and that will be the end of it. In the headlines, anyway.

That actually is the case with pretty much everything, makes no difference if the stories are about immigrants, blacks, Muslims, lefties , righties etc etc. The vast majority of all these groups are fine its just the negative stories that sell, people love their daily dose of drama .seems to me many peoples hobby is to be pissed off about something.
edit on 7-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well it's a fluid story that may very well change again. Police Chief says a manslaughter warrant has been issued. Tragedy all the way round, Texas Rangers now assisting.

Apparently an officer of the elite crime team, she worked 14 hour shift. Arrived at her building and took elevator to 14th floor, her apartment is on the 13th floor.

She went to the door of what she thought was her apartment and used the key which didn't work. She put down stuff she was carrying and continued to struggle with the door when it suddenly opened by the resident in his underwear.

From there is the unknown. Prayers and thoughts for the family and hope for peace for everyone involved.

www.google.com...=y

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here's how it'll all go down.

Off duty "police officer", dealing with "PTSD" from protecting the helpless "uncommissioned", (not authorized) average "citizen" all day, from protecting themselves from (Hollywood) type EXPLOSIONS and racing fast CAR CHASING. "Accidentally" walked into a dwelling she/he/it, (probably an ex female marine), having thought belonged to them. Saw an "intruder" in what "they" believed to be "their", dwelling. And didn't give the intruder "a chance to retreat/flee". But being an "authorized citizen/civilian" with a gun? Chose to "deal justice" post hast!

One thing I've learned about "cops". (And I have/had many in my family). Is that they don't, "read sign" very well. They're kinda like a "pet". They do what they're "trained" to do. "Protect the badge"! The badge is law, law is good, good is law. ... "I have been chosen".. above all others to bring order, to chaos.
They actually believe that!
This "officer" needs at least a "restraining order" from "purchasing" a "firearm" for at least two years... She seems emotional and cowardly.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Would all the, "I tried my key" in "the apparent I thought was mine" and "it didn't work", ..."excuse/reason".. Work for anyone else?
Sad to say, but apparently, she broke "the law". Remember, "justice is blind"?
The "law" has no "feelings". There is a right and wrong.
Sucks to be her. But she needs to pay for her "ignorance of the law".
Can't just shoot people in their own house because you, "accidentally" thought it was yours.
This "law enforcement officer" would not have thought twice about putting you in "shackles", for anything, manytimes less, than shooting a MAN in his own house... Because she made an oopsy!
Carrying a weapon is obviously to much of an emotional burden for some "Leo's".

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

She is being charged. What more is there to do ? String her up in the public square ? She needs to be charged and maybe a Grand Jury should decide on murder or manslaughter, but certainly charges do apply and have been filed.

The Mother of the man killed has of course expressed sorrow. The family has expressed that they wish for an explanation but also expressed their Christian beliefs on forgiveness.

It is an unfathomable situation for all involved. The officer is part of some elite team. Her training as an officer should have provided some idea of dealing with situations without resorting to using a weapon.

She is white and I hope it does not develop into a racial situation although one would need to be blind to not see how an idea along that axis could develop.

I believe she needs some serious time to consider other actions she could have taken. But I would be hard pressed to believe she woke with the desire to intentionally kill someone today, again my thoughts for this family who lost their son today
edit on 9/7/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join