It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ubiquitous Nicolas Cage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is it sad that I actually like Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance? I liked how it had a grindhouse feel to it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I will be in the minority here but I think Cage is interestiing, vulnerable and not afraid to be crazy. He grew up as an oddball in his unusual family so that explains alot. He is a hustler, as mentioned above, and has made and lost fortunes and is the energizer bunny of actors. He is almost a character actor but he does have a range of crazies. Idk, I find him always entertaining and many times in an unexpected way. He's crazy. I like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Well so far, it's about even
. Looks like he's one of those love em or hate em types.

Here's a movie with Nick Cage in it that I loved. Just didn't neccessarily love him in it
though I'm sure he did play this role better than many in the biz would've.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I was just thinking of this movie, he was great in it!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I love almost everything Lynchian.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
we should be fair.
he is a complete tool with his performances for the most part but there are some good ones too

raising arizona.
adaptation
joe
leaving las vegas
dying by the light
8mm
even # like face off and con air were good action flicks.

he just got into so much trouble with his taxes cause he was #ing stupid and bought castles and tool losses that he has to be in 17 movies a year to keep the debt collectors from showing up.

plus give him some credit for being in some great 80's flicks like valley girl and peggy sue got married.

he is just easy to clown

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think one of his best movies is 'Knowing'.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
cage never acts the same in each movie. he always tries something new. and i think he must enjoy creating crazy voices and characters, and even those low budget flicks the guy has to be making at least 100k per movie.

dude is mackin.

he gets paid to have fun.

Not only has he only played on character in every film he’s appeared in for 35 years now, he’s not doing low end crap movies for fun. It’s gecause he’s so deep in the hole with debt that he takes any paying gig he can get these days. There’s not much fun in that I would wager.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

One of the best horror films ever made was redone by Cage and he turned it into utter tripe.

I give you " The Wicker Man "

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

To be fair, you can't top the original. IMO, it would have been crap with anyone playing the lead.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I hate to admit it but he grew up in the same city as I did,between him and Snoop dog,no wonder I moved

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I actually could not watch the whole clip.
What a strange person and actor. No talent whatsoever. Some people think he is either a time traveler or associated with the dark side.....Who knows? Not me...I know I avoid his movies more than Tom Cruise's movies.....and I definitely feel dumber after watching one....

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Two words...

Raising Arizona

Still one of my all time fav movies...

"Turn to the left"

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

are you crazy 100 grand a movie! min a million a movie.....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Not even gonna lie, I liked Matchstick Men.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join