It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany calls for global payment system independent of U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What is the reason, they haven't been attacked? Surely an intellect as sharp as yours should be able to figure this out?

Because there are no hostile armies nearby? Because in the modern world countries rarely openly attack each other? Because Europeans are more mature than Americans so they don't fight each other?

There are a lot of reasons but military spending is probably not one of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If the USA is the obnoxious uncle, whats Germany

The Psycho Uncle who occasionally genocides?

lol

get #ed Germany pretty sure everyone done sucking your toes.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: CB328
I just saw this in a youtube video. Europe is tired of being dependent on the US ......

Then they can up their defense spending to realistic levels to defend themselves without US. assistance.

Defend themselves from who? Us?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What is the reason, they haven't been attacked? Surely an intellect as sharp as yours should be able to figure this out?

Because there are no hostile armies nearby? Because in the modern world countries rarely openly attack each other? Because Europeans are more mature than Americans so they don't fight each other?

There are a lot of reasons but military spending is probably not one of them.

You are missing the Elephant in the room. What is the whole NATO doctrine of the defense of Western Europe based on? You are dancing around the subject like a clumsy ballerina.

Because Europeans are more mature than Americans so they don't fight each other?

You actually made me laugh with that one. Let's just forget both World Wars, the atrocities of Colonialism ect.

Careful what you wish for.......

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You know, I just literally had a big mac right now, first time ever.

Now, I've eaten them before, but without Onions and Secret Sauce.

I always feared the secret sauce, assuming it to be more like thousand island, which I detest.

However, today, I ordered it with the sauce, no onions.

Wow.

Where has this been my whole life?!? Dude....

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You want fries with that?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Merkel can ask for whatever she wants. It doesn't matter. In a few years her and her precious Union will be history, and Europe will be free to choose it's own destiny.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Since the US can sanction almost any country they want (cutting them off the money system) and is being used as a weapon basically. And when that is bad for lets say Germany/Europe which has some good trade with that country that is getting sanctioned does sound like a good move. Even Germany/Eu company's who do still business with a sanctioned country will also be cut off and get punished.

The US doesn't got that much trade worldwide so it doesn't hurt them that much. For example sanctioning Russia costs the EU hundreds of billions and Iran tens of billions. The US got hardly any trade going on so it doesn't cost them anything.

So yea about time Germany/EU should come up with something like that.

Also the EU can have a hard time getting enough oil also when not buying from Russia and or Iran of course. Basiclly it's an attack on the EU economy!

And I don't think it's Trump. It's an US foreign policy trying to maintain their power worldwide with weakening others so they perhaps can stay on top simply put.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well i say this guy is clueless on how SWIFT works. First its board of directors includes people from france,italy,switzerland,japan,belgium,south Africa,United Kingdom,Luxembourg,Canada and well I'm not even half way through the list yet. Swift is not controlled by the US. In fact it only has 2 members on the board.

What the president can do is stop US banks from dealing with Iran. Creating a system would still exclude US banks doesnt solve the problem. Meaning it accomplishes nothing since it still excludes the US bank from financial transactions. Another problem as a member of swift you cannot use another system you cant tie your bank assets into two different systems.
edit on 9/3/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: pavil

I just saw this in a youtube video. Europe is tired of being dependent on the US ......

Then they can up their defense spending to realistic levels to defend themselves without US. assistance.

Defend themselves from who? Us?

NATO must focus on setting up a presence at the alliance’s eastern flank to defend itself from potential Russian aggression, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said.

Link

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

www.dw.com...
Based in Belgium, SWIFT claims political neutrality, but has bowed to US influence in the past, blocking transactions to Cuba and Iran. In the wake of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the Treasury Department used SWIFT data to gain insight into terrorist financing and protect EU citizens and their data. Unless it wins an exemption from sanctions, SWIFT will be required by the US to cut off targeted Iranian banks from its network by November 4 or face countermeasures against both its board members and the financial institutions that employ them.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

withdraw from NATO, form an alliance with russia

WTF?! That used to be considered treason.

Statements like this convince me that you really don't understand what the word treason means...

Web Definition

:Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Per the constitution
:Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Now if we have allied with Russia (for whatever reason) how exactly (and use small words so I can follow) would that be treason?

edit: Also just saying we should ally with XYZ is not treason either.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

More like the rich Uncle you always demand money from then bitch when they say you should do more to take care of yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join