It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany calls for global payment system independent of U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I just saw this in a youtube video. Europe is tired of being dependent on the US since unfortunately, we're like the obnoxious Uncle everyone wants to avoid. So they want to set up their own banking transfer system that would not be controlled by the US. My questions are, what political and or economic impacts would this have on the US, and is this an example of the President's obnoxiousness biting us in the butt, or is this an inevitable developement?

www.axios.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Never be done
A ruse from Merkel from her handlers in Brussels

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I just saw this in a youtube video. Europe is tired of being dependent on the US since unfortunately, we're like the obnoxious Uncle everyone wants to avoid. So they want to set up their own banking transfer system that would not be controlled by the US. My questions are, what political and or economic impacts would this have on the US, and is this an example of the President's obnoxiousness biting us in the butt, or is this an inevitable developement?

www.axios.com...

Not a problem, first you wish them luck in their endeavor, second you seize all German assets in the USA, in order to pay for perceived damages to our economy, next you shut them out of the existing system, since we control it and they want to destroy our economy, it’s only fair we help them along. Next you do the same to any and every country that goes along with them. Finally you withdraw from NATO, form an alliance with russia, and wish them all the best.

Camain

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Wasn't familiar with Axios ... not saying its right or wrong, just got to check where information comes from these days.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: AXIOS Media or Axios is a news and information company started in 2016 by Politico co-founder Jim VandeHei, former Chief White House correspondent at Politico, Mike Allen, and former Politico Chief Revenue Officer Roy Schwartz. Axios is well sourced and factual. Has a left-Center political bias in story selection. (2/1/2017)

Source: www.axios.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A call to circumvent the system to preserve deals with Iran because Iran will otherwise be cut off.

Must keep Obama's deals with Iran alive.

Good luck with all of that.

edit on 3-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

withdraw from NATO, form an alliance with russia

WTF?! That used to be considered treason.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
It just seems like clutching at straws by the German foreign minister to me.
Pity I can't read German to get a better feel for his spin on the comments, maybe he's just speaking crap for his home market, to sound in control or whatever?
I can't see it happening though, but who knows with the craziness going on in the EU right now. This Brexit is taking too long to sort out anything could happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

www.axios.com...

Not a problem, first you wish them luck in their endeavor, second you seize all German assets in the USA, in order to pay for perceived damages to our economy, next you shut them out of the existing system, since we control it and they want to destroy our economy, it’s only fair we help them along. Next you do the same to any and every country that goes along with them. Finally you withdraw from NATO, form an alliance with russia, and wish them all the best.

Camain

Wow.

You just made every error possible in this context!

(a) you cannot seize German assets in the USA just because there is another banking transfer system. Partly because..

(b) you have no "perceived" damages to your economy which aren't already there. They will not become bigger just because of another banking transfer system. Unless you do..

(c) shut Germany/Europe out of the existing system, removing a major economic partner who does not want to play your games anymore.

(d) now you are a sore loser by threatening every over country following Germany/Europe on the way to FREEDOM. Freedom, you know that word? It has even economic implicancies.

Oh, and (e) You seriosly want to form an alliance with Russia? The former-communist-going-oligarchist rogue country which officially declared the US of A an enemy? Okay..

The narrative in this timeline is becoming more and more random!...
edit on 3 9 2018 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
A call to circumvent the system to preserve deals with Iran because Iran will otherwise be cut off.

Should we talk to North Korea? Because talking to them is such a major factor in keeping the peace... Donald tried that and the world surely didn't become an inch more peaceful.

But keeping Iran on the line, staying away from nuclear weapon research, that was a good thing, really. To bad it is now the past, because of Donald.

There is NO spin you could do to make this the other way around!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I just saw this in a youtube video. Europe is tired of being dependent on the US ......

Then they can up their defense spending to realistic levels to defend themselves without US. assistance. Germany obviously doesn't want to do that, so.........

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
How many missiles had NK launched recently? Or nuke test? Just close all those bases in germany and move them back stateside. Lots of small communities would welcome the hundreds of millions goi g into the german economy....plus look at the savings.on ac and troop movements.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Then they can up their defense spending to realistic levels to defend themselves

This has nothing to do with the post, and is ridiculous, what army is attacking Germany?

Why do conservatives have such a psychological, I would say pathological, need for big militaries? Are they really that insecure?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

withdraw from NATO, form an alliance with russia

WTF?! That used to be considered treason.

Are you even aware of the definition of treason?

He should have also added withdraw from the worthless U.N. and give them 6 months to trot their side show off of our country.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Then they can up their defense spending to realistic levels to defend themselves

This has nothing to do with the post, and is ridiculous, what army is attacking Germany?

Why do conservatives have such a psychological, I would say pathological, need for big militaries? Are they really that insecure?

Your right, we have never been militarily threatened or attacked before, got it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
How many missiles had NK launched recently? Or nuke test? Just close all those bases in germany and move them back stateside. Lots of small communities would welcome the hundreds of millions goi g into the german economy....plus look at the savings.on ac and troop movements.

Oh, they could just be reassigned to Afghanistan, I just read that Donald upgraded the number of deployed military there. Again.

And if you take Ramstein, you have lost the largest and most important military flying hub in Europe. Go ahead.

Edit: North Korea just lost a major part of their nuclear scientists, which *might* have something to do with the recent intermission in its testing theatre.
edit on 3 9 2018 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

More than likely Poland.
polandinenglish.info...

Ramstein could easily be moved to Fairford UK or Mildenhall.

Germany just disrespected a lot of US vets by re-doing the SOFA agreement....barring them from bases.

Once the EU falls apart Germany will be shown not to be the economic power it thinks it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: ausername

Should we talk to North Korea? Because talking to them is such a major factor in keeping the peace... Donald tried that and the world surely didn't become an inch more peaceful.

But keeping Iran on the line, staying away from nuclear weapon research, that was a good thing, really. To bad it is now the past, because of Donald.

There is NO spin you could do to make this the other way around!
Ridiculous post. Link me to the most recent ballistic test by Noko...that's what I thought, it certainly IS peaceful.

Keeping Iran in line is for the US, you don't worry about what the greater power is doing, you just worry about those immigrants and erosion of your culture.

Your post is spin as usual.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Your brain hasn't been properly washed. Next time, put it in on the hot setting, choose pre wash, and double rinse.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What is the reason, they haven't been attacked? Surely an intellect as sharp as yours should be able to figure this out?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Some old sayings still true to-day:-
'If you want peace, prepare for war'
and, 'the enemy will attack when he is ready, and you are not'
I think that sums up to-days world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join