It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like our boys saw something cool out there

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: hawkguy

lol. I think they were going to make an announcement. You beat them to it.

closest image i could find that was similar. looks like there's a bit more engine space from the cabin. And the engine looks like it's further back.

It's something very similar to a B-2 in looks isn't it.

That looks like what flew over me last year in South West England. It was silent.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

No. We elected to do that on our own.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

It very well could be! But I'm not convinced that it is a B-2 until someone in the know says so for sure. I'm not convinced.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

To me it looks like the intakes are spaced wrong. That leads me to think that they could be false as a means of disguising it's shape from long range photographers.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Looks like the B-2s baby brother.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkguy
theaviationist.com...< br />
Nice pic guys. Definitely looks wrong for a B-2. I wonder what your personal opinions are on if it's an LRS-B or an RQ-180

China and the Ruskies will be happy you posted these pictures...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

i think that's just from the skewed perspective, the wings are huge for sure and seem to have a 'chink'.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Because they don't have any possible way of getting them without us posting them.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

China and the Ruskies will be happy you posted these pictures...

They probably already know more about the program than the US taxpayer ever will.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

no doubt, im sure it is someones whole career to see these things and with way better intelligence and equipment it's not a stretch of the imagination.

look at the flyovers of the mystery triangles a few years ago, they weren't doing S turns for nothing, im sure they were doing so as to be imaged by satellites

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

China's already stolen the CAD drawings most likely and the Russians couldn't do much about it even if they had much better photos.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I don't know. The dude in the article seems to think they could be cranked, but I'm not quite sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think the fact that it was moved back indoors before daylight tells the tale. I vote B-21. As for the "next morning" B-2 satellite pic, they could have easily pulled a B-2 out and parked it so the AF could say, "Nothing to see here, move along."

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Keep in mind it has a 130 foot wingspan and stands only 12 feet high. Its much smaller than a B2.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

again a known tatic the AF has used, in the same fly over of *not the B-21*.

its pretty obvious its something interesting, someone said the 180 but im going to bet $'s to doughnuts it's unmanned and this clearly has a cockpit.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That may be either an inlet (see the RQ-170 for a bump that kinda looks like a cockpit, but isn't) or a sat dish like on the Global Hawk.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So from what I've read about the B-21 is that it is smaller, more upgradable, slightly better priced version of the B-2.

Is there anything ground breaking new about it? I saw they could make it autonomous.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
@anzha

That's a possibility. But with stealth developments I'd want to do away with a traditional windscreen and all that joining and RAM layering around the frame of the glass. I could easily see them doing a solid one piece skin that goes from nose right over the entire cockpit. The windscreen being underneath it and not traditional. I say that's a b21 in that photo and that its manned. After all it is supposed to be nuke capable. Would the air force really want a drone doing nuclear missions. Possible one could but would they really let that happen.
edit on 24-8-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes lots of ground breaking stuff under the hood.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I don't see a wind screen in the photo. I just see a hump. And I've been zooming in as close as I can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join