It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like our boys saw something cool out there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
theaviationist.com...< br />
Nice pic guys. Definitely looks wrong for a B-2. I wonder what your personal opinions are on if it's an LRS-B or an RQ-180

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy

We don't know. It could be a simple B-2. But quite a few people saw the same oddities we did, so we thought it interesting enough to reach out and let others look.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

lol. I think they were going to make an announcement. You beat them to it.

closest image i could find that was similar. looks like there's a bit more engine space from the cabin. And the engine looks like it's further back.

It's something very similar to a B-2 in looks isn't it.

edit on 24-8-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'd be surprised if the B-21 has such distinct intake humps on the fuselage.
Initial impression its a B-2, some oddities sure, but at night, from way out, at an angle from whatever height … not passionate about it.
Could be something else entirely too though.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Personally I'm leaning towards it being a B-21, but thats more of a gut feeling than something I'd be able to prove.

Shame you guys had to burn your hide though, but I'm sure you've all got a few more tucked away.

I just managed to convince the better half to go on a Southwest secret aircraft pilgrimage of sorts. Edwards, ttr, and i even got her to say yes to a few nights out in Rachel NV...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I still don't think you'll see many people up there. There are other areas nearby that have a view as well. We were up there multiple times, and saw one other vehicle who only hung around for about 20 minutes.

It's kind of interesting that the update shows something out there in the morning, because we went back up there probably between about 1030 and 1100 the next morning to see if it was still out, which would say B-2, and the area was empty. We took reference shots, and all you could see was the boneyard. The overhead shots were supposedly at around 1000.
edit on 8/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I think the humps might be fake to disguise it as a B-2 Kinda like the false prop on the xp-59.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Is that a B-2?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Like I said, it's more than possible this is simply a B-2 at an odd viewing angle. There's not enough detail to be certain about it. But it's interesting enough to let other people look.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
wow you guys have sharp eyes.

nice work

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

A 6" telescope helps a lot too.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

i guess theres no camo dudes patrolling the perimeter of the boneyard

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing the analyses that so many people are capable of.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It very well could be. But the proportions look off to my untrained eye. Particularly the thickness of the wing looked wrong for a B-2

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

We were well clear of the base. The spot we took the picture from was just over 10 miles from South Base.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Either y'all had great luck....or well ...do all picture have to be sent to af or dod?it's not like they would say yes in fact this our new b21....

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I doubt it is the Raider, although the Commander at EFB made a crude reference to it at a briefing a few months ago, probably on accident. Reliable source says it is a new UAV smaller than the B2, roughly the same shape and has 'amazing' capabilities.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's damn B2. We have them at Edwards all the time. Like Jung said "Sometimes as Cigar is just a Cigar...."

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

its so grainy sadly.

but IF i really read into it the wing and inlets do look different.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

surprised you didnt lay it over the super bowl ad

<<   2  3  4 >>

join