It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohens lawyer Davis says dossier charges against cohen false

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

For nearly 20 months, the allegations made in the infamous Steele dossier have hung like a cloud over the Trump administration and several of his former advisers.

The salacious 35-page document has become Exhibit A in President Donald Trump critics’ conspiracy theory that the campaign colluded with the Russian government to influence the 2016 election. Numerous news outlets, pundits and lawmakers have also pushed the theory.

But the dossier arguably suffered its heaviest blow on Wednesday after Clinton-connected lawyer Lanny Davis emphatically denied one of the document’s most intriguing allegations.

Davis said the dossier’s claims that his client, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, traveled to Prague in August 2016 as part of a conspiracy with the Kremlin are “100 percent” false.

Davis’ comments received little attention from the both the mainstream press and the entities that have pushed the dossier.

dailycaller.com...

This would appear to put people who dislike trump in a pickle.

If cohen is now to be trusted in his claims of trump breaking finance laws, then I guess he would also be credible when showing that one of the most significant claims in the dossier, that he was in prague setting up deals for colluding with russia for trump, is also wrong.

I am of the mindset we need proof and not just his word on anything, but it seems maany are now taking his word as gospel, so I wonder what they would think of this.

And if this much of the dossier is a lie, then there is no reason to take steeles word on any of his other claims in the dossier.

which starts to raise serious questions as to why the FBI employed steele, and why they used a false document to spy on an ameircan citizen and one time member of trumps team?

I have said all along, if trumps guilty, charge him.

But a corrupt intel agency is a far more concerning matter than anything trump or hillary was accused of.

So if we are now taking cohens word; it looks like the FBI, chris steele, glenn simpson, and their doj contact under Obama bruce ohr have a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nothing about this on CNN yet...

Weird, huh?

CLOWNS.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It seems the Cohen deal was already written back in April from what I have read.

This would appear to be another piece of the puzzle that is shutting the Russia thing down for good.

This actually puts the nail in a lot of coffins, most glaringly is the appointment of Mueller based on the dossier.

Some players are about to fall....looking forward to what happens with Ohr personally. The rest have been demoted or fired....should be plenty to show folks the writing on the wall, yet they still seem to think it is going to end with Trump being impeached....LOL!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So did the fbi and doj use unverified information to obtain fisa warrants?
That is fraud on the fisa court and a crime.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Most defenitly

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Likely the real reason they are all gone. This stuff has been known for a very long time it would seem.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Yes they did.

And despite the fat they couldnt verify much of the info, they used steeles "reputation" as a trusted expert as a reason to get the fisa warrant.

They continued to renew it even after steele was fired for (being a man of such a great reputation) lying to the fbi about leaking info to the press.

Now look where we are.

The fbi used a dossier they knew was paid opposiition research by hillary to spy on a former member of his campaign, and get access to all of his communications from when he was in the campaign.

And the oppo research... was a lie.

So yeah, charge trump if he is guilty of campaign finance laws.

How about we deal with this fbi corruption?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Shhhhhh!

As a Trump supporter, your support is supposed to be waning. You're supposed to be on the fence, or on the edge of a building or bridge... I don't know, I forget what the left told me to believe. Their nonsense never seems to stick to memory.

Stoopid me!

edit on 3155x6731America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

They don't care what Constitutional rights are trampled as long as they get their way.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You won't see this reported by the liberal media Outlets. It plays right into the strategy that the Trump team is using to have Mueller shut down as an illegitimate investigation.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Because the dossier, of course, was the only evidence presented to the FISA court. Because, of course, it was never stated that the dossier was not verified in the FISA application.

I like how now Lanny Davis is believable.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I actually think this puts people who "like" Trump in more of a pickle because it seems like you seem to be cherry picking what you will believe of Davis, he lies when he says Cohen has information that is going to be of interest to the Mueller investigation but is telling the truth on this.

I am confused.

Also at this point that entire dossier could be utter BS and really it wouldn't matter very much because its just one small part of something much bigger that is increasingly looking like it could have dirty donny sitting right in the middle of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Because the dossier, of course, was the only evidence presented to the FISA court. Because, of course, it was never stated that the dossier was not verified in the FISA application.

Well...cant have it both ways....either believe cohen or lanny....

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You won't see this reported by the liberal media Outlets. It plays right into the strategy that the Trump team is using to have Mueller shut down as an illegitimate investigation.

.....the interview was on MSNBC

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

First, the dossier was the overwhelming bulk of the application for the fisa warrant on page.

This has been shown.

They would not have been able to get the warrant without it.

If the dossier is a lie, we literally have the fbi using research from a candidates direct opponent, sourced by russian offivcials, to spy on his team for possible russian connections.

The biggest political scandal of our lifetimes.

Secondly, no I dont find lanny davis or cohen particularly credible.

which is why I said in the OP

I am of the mindset we need proof and not just his word on anything, but it seems maany are now taking his word as gospel, so I wonder what they would think of this.

But now that you mention it, havent you spent the past day saying cohens claims may prove trump guilty of something?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I actually think this puts people who "like" Trump in more of a pickle because it seems like you seem to be cherry picking what you will believe of Davis, he lies when he says Cohen has information that is going to be of interest to the Mueller investigation but is telling the truth on this.

I am confused.

Also at this point that entire dossier could be utter BS and really it wouldn't matter very much because its just one small part of something much bigger that is increasingly looking like it could have dirty donny sitting right in the middle of it.

No i never needed cohen word to prove anything. He had evidnce via his passport he was never in prague, soi I wasnt just taking his word on it.

Many in the media and elsewhere that hate trump now are petending his word is super credible and means trump committed a crime.

So its gun to watch the pick and chose when we have to take his word, and when he must be lying.

As to the part about the dossier.

I called that this would happen months ago, and we are already starting to see it.

"Yeah, who cares if the fbi used false info paud by hillary sourced by russians to spy on a trump team member. There is so much more dirt now that doesnt matter"

Mark my words, this is the startegy.

People in the fbi and Obamas doj are going to have to answer for alot of corruption or gross incompetence (i bleive the former)

And so they desperately needed to find something, anything they could say was some sort of crime, that way they can say

"Ok we didnt do everything by the book. BUt its ok because we knew trump and his team were guilty of something"

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This Lanny Davis is such a clown.

First he says that Cohen is going to talk about Trump colluding with Russians.
Then he says there is no evidence Cohen has about Trump colluding with Russians.
Then he says Cohen's part in the dossier is not true.

Idiot is all over the place - I guess his Democrat paymasters will be none too happy with him.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This Lanny Davis is such a clown.

First he says that Cohen is going to talk about Trump colluding with Russians.
Then he says there is no evidence Cohen has about Trump colluding with Russians.
Then he says Cohen's part in the dossier is not true.

Idiot is all over the place - I guess his Democrat paymasters will be none too happy with him.

The Dems ditched him a while back.

Check out his connections with Ukraine and Russia though...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You do know a FISA is to STATE IT IS VERIFIED. COMEY said the information was un verified. SO in effect the Warrants were not legal.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You do know a FISA is to STATE IT IS VERIFIED.

I don't even know what that means. Can you rephrase?

edit on 8/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join