It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I experiencing time shifts ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have something that is happening and that I cannot get a grip on and it's very possible I am losing my mind.

I SWEAR I am experiencing time shifts.

Events that I 100% remember having a certain detail/outcome are suddenly different....nothing major involving life and death but little insignificant details are changed....when it happens I confirm with the person involved immediately all the details and yet it's changed...I don't push it too hard so I don't come off looking like a psycho....but clearly not what I knew as carved in stone canon info....it's stuff I remembered my whole life and 'blink' it's different.

It's not happened a lot....just 3-4 times in the last 3-4 years....it's just weird as hell.

AG

edit on 18-8-2018 by Alpha Grey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Alpha Grey

Out of all of the mundane things that could cause your brain to remember things incorrectly, why would you go with time shifts, instead of brain problems. One seems way more likely than the other.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Maybe cut back on taking Bromo-DragonFLY.

edit on 18-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Out of all of the mundane things that could cause your brain to remember things incorrectly, why would you go with time shifts, instead of brain problems. One seems way more likely than the other.

Sure brain damage/problems seems more likely and everyone will automatically head in that direction.....what if it's not is my postulation ?.... what if I am remembering two outcomes ?

AG

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe cut back on taking Bromo-DragonFLY.

now THAT is funny !!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
insignificant things take up less space in a persons brain...you could just be getting a bit older and your memory may be just not caring for every detail. My mother is starting to remain things slightly differently (who said what in a conversation, which of her kids did some thing when we were younger, etc). She isn't experiencing time shifts...she is just experiencing a memory that cares less and less about the details.

If however you would rather think your sliding in and out of different realities then by all means, go for it. Thing is, insignificant things add up to major things. If you were in a different universe, a minor change of the past could have unprecidented changes for the future.

kick the wrong rock and your parent never meet type stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Interesting thread. Can you give us a few examples? Why do you call them time shifts, are you talking about different timelines? I would like to hear more.

edit on 18-8-2018 by LookingAtMars because: something changed

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One of the most glaring details that changed is that someone I 100% KNEW worked as a woodworker for 20 years is now retiring from a 32 year career as a prison guard and never touched a piece of wood in his life.

If it's bad memory then I am in BIG trouble.

AG

edit on 18-8-2018 by Alpha Grey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do you have any residual evidence? Like a table he made for you or maybe a picture of him with woodworking tools?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Nope....just memory.

AG

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you don't use em you lose em (memories) at least partially. When recalled old memories can be fragmented, or missing bits and pieces, our brains will attempt to fill in the missing parts creating new, altered or different memories.

It is more likely that your memories have changed than anything else.

Just a theory...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Its because today is 8-18-18.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Oh no, I must be experiencing time shifts too... My phone & laptop are telling me its the 19th today.

Hope I'm not going crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Oh no, I must be experiencing time shifts too... My phone & laptop are telling me its the 19th today.

If you cross the International Date Line the wrong way, do you lose a day's pay?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alpha Grey

Then we are all equally in "BIG trouble" because everyone's memory sucks.

Why Your Memory Sucks

Human memory is quirky, complicated, and unreliable. Even when we think we're remembering everything accurately, chances are things have gotten twisted along the way. Let’s take a look at why your memory sucks, and how you can change that.

False Memories

Although our memories seem to be a solid, straightforward sum of who we are, strong evidence suggests they are actually quite complex, subject to change, and often unreliable. We reconstruct memories as we age and our worldview changes. We falsely recall childhood events, and through effective suggestion, can even create new false memories. We can be tricked into remembering events that never happened, or change the details of things that really did happen. Research shows that we can be given false information and convinced to believe that an event occurred, even if we don't remember the event. Given that recovered memories may be genuine, false, or a combination of the two, it is legitimate to question how much of what you remember is real and how much is illusion.

There are some links below that second article for more study.

After sitting down with some old friends in about 1995 or so and realizing as we reminisced that all of our memories of the same event differed, I started reading about it. I found out that we all have not only bad memories, but also false memories bouncing around in our noggins.

I think you are just saying, you are normal.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Lay off the Bath Salts...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Alpha Grey

Then we are all equally in "BIG trouble" because everyone's memory sucks.

Why Your Memory Sucks

Human memory is quirky, complicated, and unreliable. Even when we think we're remembering everything accurately, chances are things have gotten twisted along the way. Let’s take a look at why your memory sucks, and how you can change that.

False Memories

Although our memories seem to be a solid, straightforward sum of who we are, strong evidence suggests they are actually quite complex, subject to change, and often unreliable. We reconstruct memories as we age and our worldview changes. We falsely recall childhood events, and through effective suggestion, can even create new false memories. We can be tricked into remembering events that never happened, or change the details of things that really did happen. Research shows that we can be given false information and convinced to believe that an event occurred, even if we don't remember the event. Given that recovered memories may be genuine, false, or a combination of the two, it is legitimate to question how much of what you remember is real and how much is illusion.

There are some links below that second article for more study.

After sitting down with some old friends in about 1995 or so and realizing as we reminisced that all of our memories of the same event differed, I started reading about it. I found out that we all have not only bad memories, but also false memories bouncing around in our noggins.

I think you are just saying, you are normal.

My memory is actually insanely accurate. The romantic evening that I spent with Kate Upton totally happened... I can still see it like it was yesterday. It may have been...

I was time shifted into this reality... but I remember Kate. (She did have a weird Homer Simpson fetish... that part was certainly odd...)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Try a little trick which could help. Start by keeping a daily diary. It does not need to be a lot of your life but a general outline. Some.end each night by jotting down the memories of their day.

If you feel a particular event could be one of those which changes or is remembered differently, you can write it down and seal it in an envelope, and later if it seems to have changed from what you recorded including the date and time, you review and if it changed you have proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What you're experiencing sounds like the so-called Mandela Effect.

I'm not advocating this theory. However, there are some people who believe this "theory" is valid.

Just thought you might be interested in a "woo" explanation for what you're experiencing.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join