It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: burntheships
Well looks like the Dem leaders dislike America as much
or more than Russia.

He needs to get out, step down how unpatriotic and disgusting.

Seems to me that most everyone in the world would give up everything they own to get to America...Even the people who said they'd leave if Trump was elected won't go...

Whatever happened to those people? Where are they now, as it were? Fascinating and yet somehow, obvious.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Talk to my grandmother, # wasn't great at all. But then again, when you talk to a lot of black americans, America really wasn't that great until about the 1970s.

Anything before that, you can shove it where the sun don't shine if you think this country was great for us at that time. Get the hell outta here with that slogan... for real.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sign me up for the MAB hat.

In pink?

She already has one. Wasn't she at that march?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You want a sad fact?

Because so many kids have so much information at their fingertips to look up, they don't bother with actually learning it and mastering it for themselves while you actually likely had to. Thus, you are far more likely to really know things like where certain countries are on any given map then any one of today's tech-savvy kids.

That means you are actually far less ignorant than most of them are and will remain so long as they can simply Google anything at a moment's notice.

And since you should have mastered a much larger pool of information, you *should* be much less gullible because what you've mastered for yourself is much less manipulable by those who control the information in those wonderful little technical devices that can be memory-holed on a whim by programmers.

If you know the capitol of Ethopia is Addis Ababa because you had to master it in school, then you are far less likely to suddenly buy it if Google tries to tell you than it's suddenly Timbuktu the 20th time you look it up whereas if you are completely Google dependent, you might not even notice.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sign me up for the MAB hat.

In pink?

She already has one. Wasn't she at that march?

I would have gone if I was younger and single.

Frustrated chicks?

OOOOOO-yeah!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kaylaluv

Where and when has it been any better?

Where and when was there not room for improvement for everyone??

FFS!

Did you just admit it's only been as good as it's ever been right now, rather than in history, therefore there's no "great" past to return to and remake America in the image of? Because it wasn't as great before as it is now? As in, no great past.

Because that's basically what you just admitted in a roundabout way.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

the end of that sentence was "that great to women" and he then continued to an empassion discussion on womens rights

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Guy has scary ideas.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If you're a Nu-Nazi and only obsess about gender studies and oppression Olympics, then sure, you've got me.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, let's see....
today's kids all have more information available on that little cellphone that they are probably carrying than I had available to me at the local library. in some schools, hey, they are giving their kids laptops to use, and there are computers in the libraries for their use. I really do think today's kids have better opportunities to learn.

And what do they use it for? EMO Music, 84 genders obsessionism, convincing each other they have PTSD becuase they have it sooooo bad, white guilt, American Idol, whatever todays equivalent for Pokemon fads are, becoming Pikachu, dooshy hashtags, hypocrtical virtue signalling, freemium games (biggest waste of time crappiest ripoff games in human history), and so on.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There is only ONE great country. And it's in the name.

Great Britain.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
America isn't that great. We have horrible healthcare. We are the most dangerous developed world for women to have a baby. We have children being gunned down in their schools. We have a widening wage gap and people have to work two or three jobs to be able to survive. We have seniors going bankrupt because inflation and rising healthcare cost has destroyed their savings. We have people graduating college with a degree and massive debt unable to get a job.

Sounds pretty great to me all right.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mus8472
America isn't that great. We have horrible healthcare. We are the most dangerous developed world for women to have a baby. We have children being gunned down in their schools. We have a widening wage gap and people have to work two or three jobs to be able to survive. We have seniors going bankrupt because inflation and rising healthcare cost has destroyed their savings. We have people graduating college with a degree and massive debt unable to get a job.

Sounds pretty great to me all right.

Hence "Make America Great Again" because a lot of those things didn't used to be that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't think I had to know the capital of Ethiopia for any class I took school and quite frankly, many of those countries I learn about in school have kind of disappeared, and new countries have popped up.
to be honest, I was a stamp collector as a kid and probably learned just about as much about where places are on the globe through that hobby along with my curiousity than I did through school. And I was also well aware that my knowledge of geography would most likely be outdated sometime in my lifetime just as it had in my father's time.
why just the other day, I read something about a country I really had never heard of before. If I wanted such nagging questions answered as a kid, I would have had to maybe ask my father, or a teacher, of if neither of them were available, maybe a trip to the local public library, but, now, nope. just a copy and paste into google and all you need to know about the country is there.. And where I would have guessed that the little country was probably somewhere in what was once the Soviet Union, I would have been wrong, it's in Africa, another hotbed when it comes to disappearing countries.

If you know the capitol of Ethopia is Addis Ababa because you had to master it in school, then you are far less likely to suddenly buy it if Google tries to tell you than it's suddenly Timbuktu the 20th time you look it up whereas if you are completely Google dependent, you might not even notice.

or like when people online try to tell you there is no such thing as palestinians but your father's stamp collection included a book that had a world map on the inside cover and there for anyone to see was the territory called palestine, and gee what ya know, they actually had stamps for us to collect!!! or you had a grandmother who saved everything, including newspapers that you used to read telling you the real history as it happened, which some seem intent on changing the story?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

so, you are saying that today's kids could have the lost libraries of atlantis to play in and they would be more inclined to riot and burn the thing down to the ground and walk away knowing nothing about the knowledge that was held within?
ya, I am sure there are some kids like that... but then there would also be plenty of kids dying in the fire trying to save the contents of the place!! as much as some things change, some things never change. let me know when the vatican and the Smithsonian are willing to open up their storehouses of ancient knowledge for the world to see!

the fact of the matter is that today's kids have been given a great amount of information at their fingertips, and just like it was in my school, where some kids will find it more fun to goof around and never crack open their books, others of us were in the school and public library, wanting to learn more, while most kids were satisfied with doing just enough to pass the course.. I am pretty sure that there are a portion of kids these days fully utilizing what is at their fingertips.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I mean.. what??

World superpower.
Immeasurable inventions and innovations.
World wide economy.

What fantasy world do these people live in?

If he wants to argue we're not currently #1 in the world go for it. Who really cares? But to try and argue the USA was never great is just pure ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Im impressed that you read this site on your xbox!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If we were never so great why does half the globe try and emulate us or live with us?

These people are garbage humans...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Sorry, its an island not a country.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Talk to my grandmother, # wasn't great at all. But then again, when you talk to a lot of black americans, America really wasn't that great until about the 1970s.

Anything before that, you can shove it where the sun don't shine if you think this country was great for us at that time. Get the hell outta here with that slogan... for real.

Tell me......

How much worse would it have been somewhere else snowflake?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join