It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Count of St. Germain, time traveler ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The well-respected and renowned philosopher Voltaire described the Count as "a man who never dies, and who knows everything." Records say St Germain was born in the 1690s, but some of his contemporaries believed he lived through Christ's crucifixion. The key to his supposed immortality? Projection powder. What was in this mystical substance is unclear but not only did it make you immortal, it was also an alchemist's dream and turned base metals, like copper or lead, into pure gold or silver.

According to official records, the Count died in 1784. However, recorded sightings of Count St Germain have popped up since then, with him consistently looking like a spring chicken in his mid-forties. His most recent "appearance" was in 1972 in Paris. A man named Richard Chanfray claimed to be the legend and even appeared to convert lead into gold on TV, before committing suicide in 1983.

The strange thing to me is this letter the Count wrote to Voltaire in 1761 :

Translation :
"I reply, sir, to your letter you sent me in April, in which you reveal frightening secrets, among which the most terrible for an old man like me, the hour of my death. Thank you, Germain; your long journey through time will be illuminated by the friendship I have for you, until the day your revelations will come true in the middle of the twentieth century. The talking pictures are a gift to the time I have left to live, your mechanized flying machine could one day bring you back to me.
Farewell, my friend.

Voltaire

gentleman of the King"

Who was Count St Germain? Is Dr Who a modern incarnation of this time travelling genius? Or is he really immortal? Nobody knows...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ddrneville

Thank you for this thread, very interesting indeed.

When Voltaire speaks about 'talking pictures' in his letter is he talking about a video? If so, I wonder how did he play it, did he received a camera?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
One person knows.

Himself.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It´s a cool story. But nothing more.

Spreaded by Jan Udo Holey aka Jan van Helsing. In his first book "Geheimgesellschaften"(1994) that later got censored because he used too many( in Germany forbidden, for a good reason) quotes from nazi and rightwinger books.

When i read these books first(btw as selfmade copies a guy lend me at that time), when i was young, i even liked some of the fairy tales written down there. I didn´t know it better at that time, had to learn a lot about so called conspiracy theories. Had to learn to differentiate between hidden rightwinger propaganda and stuff that really happened. Had to learn who just wants to make money or gain attention, and who really is behind something.

The stories in JvH´s books are science fiction. They cover everything, like bananas growing on the moon or mars(it´s a long time since i read these fairy tales), moonbases(nazi moonbases, if i remember right), JvH met aliens, met St Germain several times. Could be that he even wrote that he time travelled too and went to space in an UFO. It was too much crap i had to delete later from my bio-hd, to make space for things that are worth to be remembered.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This letter is new information to me. Very interesting, indeed! I have looked into St Germain on a few occasions but can never come to any kind of conclusion as to who he was/is and whether the numerous stories have any merit. If this letter is real, he must have been (is) a time traveler. How else would Voltaire know about movies or flying machines? Awesome post!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

the man who never dies angle reminds me of the legend of krim rosu. supposed immortal.

ever see the man from earth? its based on that legend.
i can find very little info about that

its a romanian legend though but it reminded me.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have a long standing fascination with both the Comte de St Germaine and Cagliostro.

Thanks for posting. Now i want to do more reading again.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have a long standing fascination with both the Comte de St Germaine and Cagliostro.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
The well-respected and renowned philosopher Voltaire described the Count as "a man who never dies, and who knows everything." Records say St Germain was born in the 1690s, but some of his contemporaries believed he lived through Christ's crucifixion. The key to his supposed immortality? Projection powder. What was in this mystical substance is unclear but not only did it make you immortal, it was also an alchemist's dream and turned base metals, like copper or lead, into pure gold or silver.

According to official records, the Count died in 1784. However, recorded sightings of Count St Germain have popped up since then, with him consistently looking like a spring chicken in his mid-forties. His most recent "appearance" was in 1972 in Paris. A man named Richard Chanfray claimed to be the legend and even appeared to convert lead into gold on TV, before committing suicide in 1983.

The strange thing to me is this letter the Count wrote to Voltaire in 1761 :

Translation :
"I reply, sir, to your letter you sent me in April, in which you reveal frightening secrets, among which the most terrible for an old man like me, the hour of my death. Thank you, Germain; your long journey through time will be illuminated by the friendship I have for you, until the day your revelations will come true in the middle of the twentieth century. The talking pictures are a gift to the time I have left to live, your mechanized flying machine could one day bring you back to me.
Farewell, my friend.

Voltaire

gentleman of the King"

Who was Count St Germain? Is Dr Who a modern incarnation of this time travelling genius? Or is he really immortal? Nobody knows...

He seems to pop up at certain events thruout history...appears and disappears out of nowhere...sometimes 100's of years apart, looking the same, never aging.

Once I believe he was recognized not aging at all from someone who had seen him some 50-70 yrs earlier.

I've always thought he was an "IMMORTAL" of some kind...and that someday it will become clear he's not the only 1...and perhaps an "alien" or "WATCHER" traveling or existing thru time and place.

Incredibly interesting..I've got a lot of literature on him I'm going to dig out again. Thanks for the thread!

Best, MS

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The legend of St Germaine actually stems from an earlier legend of the the wandering jew.

Wikipedia describes The Wandering Jew is a mythical immortal man whose legend began to spread in Europe in the 13th century.[1]

The original legend concerns a Jew who taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion and was then cursed to walk the earth until the Second Coming. The exact nature of the wanderer's indiscretion varies in different versions of the tale, as do aspects of his character; sometimes he is said to be a shoemaker or other tradesman, while sometimes he is the doorman at Pontius Pilate's estate.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

How is this from a book from 1994 if was referenced in ghost busters (1983)?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Old school

In Search Of.. **The Man Who Would Not Die** (Season 2 Episode 2)

Love me some Lenard Nemoy

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The Count died in his residence in the factory on 27 February 1784, while the Prince was staying in Kassel, and the death was recorded in the register of the St. Nicolai Church in Eckernförde.[25] He was buried 2 March and the cost of the burial was listed in the accounting books of the church the following day.[26] The official burial site for the Count is at Nicolai Church (German St. Nicolaikirche) in Eckernförde. He was buried in a private grave. On April 3 the same year, the mayor and the city council of Eckernförde issued an official proclamation about the auctioning off of the Count's remaining effects in case no living relative would appear within a designated time period to lay claim on them.[27] Prince Charles donated the factory to the crown and it was afterward converted into a hospital.

Jean Fuller-Overton found, during her research, that the Count's estate upon his death was: a packet of paid and receipted bills and quittances, 82 Reichsthalers and 13 shillings (cash), 29 various groups of items of clothing (this includes gloves, stockings, trousers, shirts, etc.), 14 linen shirts, 8 other groups of linen items, and various sundries (razors, buckles, toothbrushes, sunglasses, combs, etc.). There were no diamonds, jewels, gold, or any other riches. There were no kept cultural items from travels, personal items (like his violin), or any notes of correspondence.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nevertheless, he is reported to have attended a Masonic convention in Austria the next year, adding to the belief that he was immortal.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Maybe he wasn't really immortal, and just did all his time travelling in his younger years, returning to his own time to die his natural death, after giving away all his other belongings?

Just playing along here hah

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody
He wrote that in his book after 1983.
I read it in this book and i bet with a little search you can find it in the web and read it for yourself.

I said he spread it with his book, i didn´t say that he made this story up first in his book.

If you maybe would like to use a translator, here is a link about Holey, unfortunately in german:
Link

This guy is like David Icke, collecting BS others made up or discovered before and acting as if he discovered it. To sell his collection of stolen fairy tales.

That St Germain(french for Germany, and Holey is a rightwinger, pure coincidence that St Germain is one of his favourites, as i guess xD) guy is a myth, a story, coming from The Wandering Jew and The Man Who Never Dies, made up from these stories.

And i was wrong, he wrote that he met St Germain in one of his later books nobody took serious anymore, "Hände weg von diesem Buch".

The whole St Germain story has illogical holes. And it is all a bit too much. He flew through space(his description of his spaceflight is an almost one to one copy from the book Henoch), he met aliens, he was a time traveller, a political manipulator. He teached Salomo, visited Pythagoras and discussed with Sokrates. Shocked people in 1618 with a pen from the year 2000... Ah, and for sure he met with Jan Udo Holey, several times(as Holey says). Guess because Holey is as known and important as Pythagoras, Sokrates ans Salomo... xD

Here is another link.

Everything you find about that story is on strange (often rightwinger)esotherik sites.

edit on 15 8 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I forgot one thing, because of censorships of books, in Germany.
You don´t go to jail or something like that, if you own one of these books, like Mein Kampf(meanwhile even legal again in Germany, if i am not wrong), for example.

It´s just not allowed to promote them and to put them in the displays of book stores for the public eye, for example.
I knew such a "conspiracy esotherik" bookshop in my city, where they sold Geheimgesellschaften and other, because of nazi rethoric, censored books. You just had to know that the guy sells these books. And he didn´t sell them to everybody, only to people he trusted, for whatever reason.

So, modern Germany is not copying the behaviour of Nazi-Germany, Bücherverbrennung or similiar. You won´t get indicted and sentenced for owning such books. You even can keep them. You just can get trouble if they catch you selling that stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

europe as a whole, along with canada AND australia do have thought crime laws.
they tried to jail a poor bastard who made a joke about his dog saluting.

even ricky gervais, hard core leftist, came out and said there should be no thought crimes.

thank god i live in the republic. i could go to jail possibly for complaining thought crime, and for being forced to love that dog video, because 'they' said it was illegal to do so.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Are you referring to the Scottish case where the chap video'd his dog doing a Nazi salute whenever he shouted "Gas the Jews"?

Poor bastard? A joke? Hilarious.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Until Mental Monkeys learn the difference between allegory and literal, you always bow before idols and symbols such as Crucifixes and Project Powders and never enjoy the heights of Heaven.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I do as well, him and Rasputin have always fascinated me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join