It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Highland winds bickered and howled around the massive Oak doors, as their hinges screeched in objection to the sudden opening motion.
It was time to leave.
He gathered up his belongings and placed them in the folds of his plaid, tightened up his leather belt-strap, sheathed his sword and dirk, slid his old skean dhu into his kilt-hose, then stole one last glance around the old place before stepping through the doorway - never to return.

As one door closes, so another one opens...

Hello Shed 20, I believe you were expecting me?
I'll be on my rocking chair, by the fire in the kitchens of the grand hall... there was maybe talk of a wee welcome dram?

edit on 13-8-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: spacing

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I'd fetch it for you but my foot still hurts. It's behind the mop and bucket in the corner. Don't tell anyone!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

edit on 13-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Following on from THIS POST on Pg190 of Shed 19.

Gordi felt the familiar presence of his old friend Nightstar and then the re-assuring touch of her hand on his shoulder. He turned, smiled and embraced her warmly, before nodding at her companions - a rather worried looking Pesky the Pixie, and a tall handsome stranger that she introduced as Marcon.

Pudge tugged at the plaid which hung over Gordi’s shoulder and whispered:

”That’s HIM! That’s the stranger I saw talking to Nightstar in the swirling images of the Magesphere! – Remember? The numbers “53” and “17”, the dark swirling mists...”

Gordi shook Marcon’s hand and then turned to face the strange darkening clouds that were now rising and building-up all around the trees on the hillside across the meadow.

”If that’s no evil, then ah don’t know what is!
Don’t worry Pesky, we’ll be savin’ yer ‘kinfolks soon enough, just you wait an’ see."

...And with that, the party moved off in a wide arc following the lower edge of the meadow, staying within the tall grass and reed-beds along the edge of the stream, to keep out of sight...
edit on 13-8-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hello! to DoE, Lucia, Cloud and Narc!
Welcome to the Shedlands.

Hello to our regulars & lurkers too.

And a special [[[[[shed-hug]]]]] for missing friends.

Thanks @Light - Shhh!!!! LOL

(There's lurkers swanning about on the pond now too I see??) I thought we ticked the "No Publicity" box on that form??

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm hanging onto Night's apron strings as I forge my way through The Shed. Hoping others can help me through the many realms and forests to new enlightenment. I need some fantasy and light. Hello to all Shedders.
edit on 13-8-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Welcome, and be welcome. Just avoid the mouldy donuts in the bushes and you'll be fine. I always put dry, quality cat-food in the bushes for the hedgehogs (they are great at keeping bugs and slugs and snails at bay) and remove the donuts from time to time because they are bad for the hedgehogs.

ETA It's 10 dollars a kilo (2.2 pounds) but I use it sparingly. Hedgehogs diet should be natural so the cat-food is but a supplement in the colder months before they hibernate.
edit on 13/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You say you need Fantasy and Light?
That's just the thing to combat blight.
Welcome, to this place some call The Shed,
A place for the weary to rest their heads,
A home for those whose restlessness
Drives them to seek out the dragons nests.
Over the hill, the valley, the mountain far,
Don't worry because the door is always left ajar.
Griffons and dragons will attend you in flight,
While the faeries will guide and protect you at night.
So, come, slip through the spaces in your waking life,
Come, dream with us, of a place full of light!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Okay, I've made the Shed jump on my own. No one called, emailed, or anything to let me know it was happening. lol
Jumping wasn't to easy on pain pills as I could hardly find the seatbelt and the required safety helmet needed in the jump rocket.

ATS is running in slow-motion for me today (or is it my brain?) I'm going over my list of doctors and such I need to call while avoiding dad overhearing as it's none of his business.

His lastest tragedy was the death of his tv remote control. As he wants everything fixed NOW, not when convenient, he was on the phone with the cable company to get things fixed ASAP so he won't miss another rerun of Law N Order. He needed some sort of number off the back of the TV to give to them. As he is half blind he can't find the number. His solution is to get mom to stop what she is doing to help with this urgent matter. What was she doing? Well she was in the bathroom, with out clothes preparing to take a shower. She explained to dad that he would just have to wait on her as he can live for a few more minutes without his TV shows.
edit on 8 13 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 13-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Stars for your music videos. How is your week starting out?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Crikey! If it wasn't for the dragons, I wouldn't be here. Firestone was most accommodating with Brimstone and Hellfire. I was gently helped into my seat. 3 sisters. Boy can they fly!

Sorry Blue, I should have asked the Sisters to make a detour for you. It's my foot and the pain, not trying to diminish your pain!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: Sheye

Stars for your music videos. How is your week starting out?

Awww Blue... I feel guilty that my week is starting out well 😕. So many Sheddites are going through serious challenges right now.. and there is little we can do for helping each other with those physical ailments .

Take care of yourself Blue, and I’m happy you enjoyed the tunes. I deleted one because the title sounded too pushy 😆.
Get Sober may be construed as a put down to those who drink excessively, and I’m not in any position to judge someone else’s alcohol consumption ( unless it is a close family member or friend who is on a very self destructive path ).. then I will voice concern and carefully try and help them out of their addiction.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hedgehogs are darling-I leave cat food food for the poor homeless kitties but an opossum and now her babies are stealing the food at night so I have to bring it in every night.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Oh, that was lovely! And so beautiful! What a gift-so looking forward to more of your uplifting prose! Thank you!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I came through the pages smiling, laughing and being touched deeply. I am so very happy to see friends, old and new, reading your posts, seeing your pics and listening to your music. I can't thank you all enough!

There have been times throughout the years where I wondered if the Shed was dying as more and more people left or took to lurking and not many new people would show up, but...I realize now that there will always be a need for a place where beautiful and wounded souls could come and heal, to share their light and lift each other up. A place where adventures await, dragons soar and faeries dance.

It is a story unfolding, our story, our lives and imaginations that are the threads interwoven and keeping the magic alive. we are the music, every note bringing us to life. We are the people of the Shed, a beautiful mix of various personalities and talents And I love you all!

Each and every one of you

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gordi and Lucid, I thank you for your story and prose! God how I love these!

To our newest members, a hearty welcome to you all!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thank you, and your welcome, in turn
sometimes I pop in to leave a story or a poem, and I try to welcome the new members when I can.speaking of which, welcome to all the others as well! I'd leave each of you poems as well but the muse is a bit fickle

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I'd leave each of you poems as well but the muse is a bit fickle

Hell, mine was on a long vacation. Even my guardian Angel was on strike for a while. Now I have two. LOL

edit on 13-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join