It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires! Do they exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Vampires certainly do exist, but most of them are in denial (probably to hide their shame). Technically, all practicing carnivores are vampires. I've known that for a quite a while now myself. It's all part of the grand deception that's being perpetrated down here in this underworld of make-believe and flesh and blood thirsty slaves, ha. No doubt in my mind that they exist what-so-ever, but you'll never get them to admit they are ~ they are SO in denial, the result of their biased selfish vampire beliefs I'm sure.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I, for one, believe in bloodlust creatures. All these posts about a vampire-like virus is extremely interesting, and ill be sure to do some more research on that. But my beliefs are that vampires dont have to drink HUMAN blood, but could also consume animal blood. They can live among us. They arent injured by the light. They could live for generations, but they do not stay the same age. Not always do vampires come in family sets. I say all this from experience and knowledge. You may call me insane, but I know for a fact of some vampires. For whatever reason, I have some friends near the east coast that are vampires and half vampires. Half vampires are constructed when a human is bitten and the venom flows through the skin, and is then sucked out. The full vampire was bitten at age 4. Every week or two weeks she travels to visit her aunt and hunt for animals blood. Reading all this information, would having a constant craving for blood seem alright for you? I honestly would love to live forever with my friends, and hopefully they will bite me one day. I prefer to wait until age 17+ until I have a desire for blood, though. Im not sure, But I think Melissa De La Cruz is a 'Blue Blood'. She writes about the Blue Bloods in her books 'Blue Bloods' and 'Masquerade'. Her authors info states, "While Melissa is not a Blue Blood, she knows people who are....". In my opinion, that could make her a vampire. Even though she says otherwise, would she explain the truth and say she was? While breaking the Vampiric Code? And also, would a person say that vampires DO exist, because they are one? I think not. No one will find out truer than this: Vampires DO exist. And I plan to be one. Thats the most truthful statement of Vampiric existence you'll find out about, because only humans and mortals will say here whether vampires exist or not, and they cant possibly know because they arent a vampire. In fact, what Im saying might not be true. I doubted my friend for the longest time, until she had bitten her beloved. Now who is destined to be her Vampiric mate. I have done quite a bit of research on the subject of vampires. Ive read about the Richmond Vampire, and I believe there is still possibility that he is indeed a creature of the night. Ive read about different vampires all through the eastern hemisphere. Ive read 5+ books on vampires, each stating something different. So who knows? Some of my research says Vampires are angels. Some say they have hearts that dont beat. Some say they dont eat. Some say there is no way to kill them. No one knows for sure, that is human, at least.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xShilaxxx

Some say there is no way to kill them.

Oh, they can be killed, but I wouldn't recommend trying it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yes, I know they can be killed. Morgan, a full blooded vampire, is actually suicidal.
Many times she has tried to kill herself, and shes come close to. But in the end, she doesnt. I know they can be killed, easily. But Ive been on a vampires bad side, and it isnt enjoyable. The only thing that has stopped Morgan from traveling MILES to kill me, is because she thought I was dead. I guess thats what I get for loving the one she bit.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm too weary to argue. So what if they do exist? They're not bothering us too much, apparently. (Unless you count chupacabras HAHA!) Maybe if they are around, htey're listening to our squabbles and laughing amongst themselves (stupid mortals...) I also don't blame them for not wanting to come out into the world, look at how people treat others who aren't the same(transgenders, atheists, goths, hippies, I could go on for a while). I personally hope that they do exist, even if it is just to shut up all those people who dispute everything just cause they can, who don't even have an opinion of their own.
But who's to say? Me? Maybe...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, they would either be laughing or crying because of the astounding idiocracy out there.
I didn't see anyone mention garlic. (Or did i overlook someone?) As for the hunters, i really wish one would define the type they hunt, and what makes them so eeeeviiil to be hunt-worthy. It's not like they're shadows, is it?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hope they do....I"d love to meet one that looks like and has the same attitude as Lestat in Queen of the Damned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----kitt

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

And how would you know that, jack-in-the-box? -if i hadn't asked that before, to you- (oh, i just realized this post was old... I don't pay attention to dates much.
) Anyway, if you find your way beck here, careto answer either of my previous questions?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Sorry, what was your question(s)?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The question was about vampire hunters. I wished to find out just what kind they would be trying to track down all the time. There are those "out there", who even claim to be vampire killers. I really didn't mean to be accusing, esp. not you, but i wanted someone who knew stuff at least to answer that first one. I wondered if your specific view was if they would be in any way connected to shadows- as i have heard a few claims "out there" about ling psi-types, that they would become shadows when they die. And lastly, i wanted to know, what would make them so bad they would have to be "hunted"?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
"Vampires" exist in the folklore of practically every culture. Bram Stoker took those ideas, selected certain elements, and created a literary genre that appeals to modern readers but has little to do with actual vampire reports.

Most cultures describe a non-physical entity that survives death and avoids the ensuing dissolution of the ego by leaching the life-energy from other people.

When a person first realizes they are dead, they may try to avoid leaving the physical plane. Their "shade" hovers around the scene of death, or their mortal remains (like a graveyard or home). The eventually begin to exist less and less; and since they have no life-force of their own, they seek to "suck" it from the living.

Blood is an ancient metaphor for that life force. You can see this in the Bible, when God forbids the Jews to drink the blood of any animal, since "the life is in the blood" (Genesis 9:4).

Stoker took this global traditions of the "undead" stealing the life/blood from innocents to obtain (psychic) immortality, and created the gothic horror archetype, which has nothing to do with why our ancestors responded with the burial precautions they did.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

The question was about vampire hunters. I wished to find out just what kind they would be trying to track down all the time.

Probably hunters for any kind you can think of. Anyone from Catholic exorcists who take on demonic entities to skinheads who stomp goth kids. You would first have to define what you think a vampire really is, and then you will see who is opposed to that sort.

I wondered if your specific view was if they would be in any way connected to shadows- as i have heard a few claims "out there" about ling psi-types, that they would become shadows when they die.

There are two different schools of thought here. First, shadow-beings may not be what one would consider to be a true vampire at all, but a very real entity nonetheless. Second, that a true vampire may have mystical powers of shadowplay. To be able to manipulate and exploit the darkness.

And lastly, i wanted to know, what would make them so bad they would have to be "hunted"?

That would really be a matter of ones own perspective really. The Catholic priest may hunt them out of duty, while other hunters may do it more out of tradition, and then of course there is good old-fashioned revenge.

Why do people kill other people? Some of these same reasons could be applied to why there are people who hunt vampires. And of course, there is also the possibility that vampires are not hunted by humans alone, but other beings as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The last answer was an interresting one. Nice to know there are people here who know history. You put it very well, also.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I feel bad for the goth kids.
Seriously, interresting answer. What about the psionic (living) type? Any opinions on THAT?!

By the way, you do know that not all shadows are dark? Some appear white, gray, or red. But they're rarer.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

What about the psionic (living) type? Any opinions on THAT?!

The ones I know are not actively hunted for it, but I have seen them have serious problems with people because of it.

By the way, you do know that not all shadows are dark? Some appear white, gray, or red. But they're rarer.

Extremely rare.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What might i ask would you define a psi as? Considering all their differences? (I would believe that some can cause problems! But then some aren't good as people.)

Also, have you ever seen different colored shadows?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

What might i ask would you define a psi as? Considering all their differences?

"Psi" is usually interpreted as "psychic" but this isn't necessarily accurate. The most accurate definition of a "psi vampire" would actually be a broader one, that being one which exhibits supernatural abilities.

Also, have you ever seen different colored shadows?

Yes, but not necessarily as entities. The only one that I can say for certain was some sort of entity, I don't really know if I could even classify as a shadow, though I am at a loss as to what else to call it. I believe you may have read about that experience here.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yes! That was one crazy topic you started. (I forgot about it, sorry!) But this is the kind of thing i am referring to. Many different kinds would classify as shadows, as there are just differences between them. Ever hear of the blue ones? I haven't seen them before, but seen black, white, and gray, and heard eye-witness accounts of red ones. Weirdness.

Anyways, about the psis, i am just at wit's end with where exactly they would fit in specifically. And just when i think i may never know, they question blinks on again. I wish i could know.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Sounds to me that you might be on a mission to define a greater reality beyond the confines of this particular topic, and yet packaged within it. If so, know this, that everything is always changing. Existence is fluid-ish.

The "psi's" fit in wherever you think they should.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

That was very...
hmm, knowledge-full of you? Kind words.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join