It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mag. 6.4 Shakes Iran - 500+ Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
At least 400 people have been confirmed dead and 300 injured when a 6.4 earthquake shook near Zarand, Iran today. At least 20 in the city of Zarand have ben reported dead.

BBC
-- An earthquake has hit several villages in south-eastern Iran, killing at least 400 people and injuring hundreds more.
The 6.4-magnitude quake, which struck at about 0600 (0230 GMT), was centred near Zarand in Kerman province, 740km (460 miles) from the capital, Tehran.

The authorities say up to 70% of the buildings in six villages around Zarand have been damaged or destroyed.

Casualty figures are expected to rise as rescue workers reach badly affected villages.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The epicenter of the quake is said to have been near the Islamabad, Khanouk, and Mottaharabad villages. Helicopters are being flown in the help the injured and scout ways to get to inaccessible roads.

In 2003 a 6.6 quake shook Bam, Iran killing at least 30,000 people. It could have been just as bad with this quake.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Banshee]

[edit on 25-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
6.4 its kinda big at least it wasnt bigger

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I wonder how long before this gets blamed on the US using its top secret Earthquake machine

Iran does seem rather prone to earthquakes makes you wonder if making a nuclear reactor there is the smart thing to do.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

USGS: Magnitude 6.4 - CENTRAL IRAN
2005 February 22 02:25:26 UTC

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Again? Wow....first Bam now this.

Unfortunately it's going to be nothing compared to what Iran's going to go through this June...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the U.S secret earth quake weapon is softening them up and slowing down there nuclear program before they go in for the kill.That's ok thought because they will make a cool game on the Xbox about it and all will be good.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Unfortunately it's going to be nothing compared to what Iran's going to go through this June...

Why June if you are talking about a US attack like I think. Attacking Iran in June whats that come from the same Play book as attacking Russia in December?

That doesn't seem a smart time to attack at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I wonder how long before this gets blamed on the US using its top secret Earthquake machine

Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows that the cosmic rays emitting from HAARP refracted through a pocket of swamp gas onto the hollow moon, causing it to ring like a bell which alerted the Reptilians to prime their death ray mounted on Venus which fired but accidently hit a Gray ship which promptly crashed into the ground, deteonating it's Anti-Matter core - casuing the Earthquake..

Sheesh it's not that complicated..

Sep

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
100 dead 5000 injured. RIP to all of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - A powerful earthquake shook central Iran on Tuesday, destroying villages, killing at least 126 people and injuring more than 500, state-run television reported.
Quake

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Why June if you are talking about a US attack like I think. Attacking Iran in June whats that come from the same Play book as attacking Russia in December?

That doesn't seem a smart time to attack at all.

It was kind of a joke... Kind of.

I just said June because that's when Scott Ritter said we would strike. Whether or not that's true, I think there's a pretty good chance that we're going to attack in the next 2 years. If they don't plan on a ground invasion, it wouldn't really matter what season they attack in.

Of course the Iranians could just sweep into Iraq or Afganistan and make it into the ground war we can't handle....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
BBC says at least 400 dead...

BBC: Hundreds killed in Iranian quake

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is how the Tsunami started. 50 dead at first, then a few hundred, then a thousand.....a week later 200,000.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When Scott Ritter says its going to be June, its going to be June.

After all he has a lot of stroke with the community, because he took money from Saddam to write his book.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

In this image made from Iranian IRINN TV, Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, men are shown lifting a body from the rubble of a destroyed building in the town of Zarand, Iran, following a powerful earthquake. Several villages have been destroyed according to reports, in the 6.4 magnitude quake, leaving an unknown number of people dead and injured. (AP Photo / IRINN TV)

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Iran does seem rather prone to earthquakes makes you wonder if making a nuclear reactor there is the smart thing to do.

you beat me to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I wonder if Iran is pondering the question "Is God trying to tell us something?"

Sep

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
people have died and people find humor in it. That is just truly sad.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I wonder if Iran is pondering the question "Is God trying to tell us something?"

Now that is silly.
Does any other nation think that when for example, 4 hurricans hit in one year all right in a row. Also does that nation think the same when last year was a record for tornados. How about mudslides, flooding could go on and on. God isn't doing this.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows that the cosmic rays emitting from HAARP refracted through a pocket of swamp gas onto the hollow moon, causing it to ring like a bell which alerted the Reptilians to prime their death ray mounted on Venus which fired but accidently hit a Gray ship which promptly crashed into the ground, deteonating it's Anti-Matter core - casuing the Earthquake..

Sheesh it's not that complicated..

LMFAO!!! That quote right there just made my day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join