It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Number Of Americans Living In Their Vehicles “Explodes”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

OK here is an easy one. Bad credit means hard to get a rental or buy a home. For closure means you have been exited from a home.

Foreclosure is rising...debt leads to poor credit score if unpaid.

On your question however bankruptcy is not rising so this would indicate people are carrying the debt.

When people carry large debt little bumps in the routine or economy can have large effect.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Willtell

If the U.S. economy is really doing so well, then why is homelessness rising so rapidly?

Because people choose it, and are too lazy to work, of course.

/end sarcasm

Sarcasm or not... the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

That's correct....

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: network dude

I don't know if ignoring monetary policy I'd a good idea. If I were a family farmer effected by the tariffs I think I would be blaming someone. Or required aluminum for my product.

Some jobs are not exactly easy to walk away from like say owning 1000 diary cowes. Or folding up your business because the supply line has been over taxed.

Yeah I have always been fine because I am a tradesman and nobody get trained anymore to do that work. My wife is very successfull. However I don't think I am everyone in the world and my life applies to every situation.

so you are in favor of the blame game, followed by the "poor me" game? I bet you and your wife don't opperate like that. And if things get slow, you find a way to make things better, as I do and as so many others do. Crying about how bad you have it, won't fix anything. Trust me, when the economy tanked in 2008 and I finally lost my ass in 2011, my tears didn't do a damn thing to help, but my getting a new job sure did.

But if the kinder gentler approach works for you, super.

Like I said I don't operate like that.

I also don't own a small manufacturing business reliant on supply chains that are being taxed by elected officials. Or a farm effected by monetary policy.

My friend ignoring policy is how we got here in this mess of borrowing more than we make.

I am not crying about anything just not burying my head in the sand. Which is why we have a diverse portfolio, a little gold, real estate, savings, mutual fund, retirement etc..

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Woo! Homelessness is on the rise! *fist pump* Give me ALL the imaginary political points! Woohoo!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I read somewhere that the middle class is used to keep the lower class from ascending the economic ladder and keep the upper class scared of the lower class. class war is alive and well.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The economy is booming, I'm not sure what you're grousing about nor where you get your information, but it is very incorrect.

As an aside, if anything under $200,000/yr is lower middle class, then explain why you bemoaned the death of the ACA, which hit those between $45,000 and $180,000 the hardest money.cnn.com...

I'd think for your arguments to remain somewhat cohesive, you'd celebrate the end of the ACA while opening up on these other criticisms... you know, consistency.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If the economy is booming its credit and debt that's for sure.

Boom leads to bust.
edit on 3-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That top 1% number means absolutely nothing. Cost of living my dude. 34K a year is a normal working joe in America paycheck to paycheck, in #ing Thailand or whereever you could live like a king on that sum but again that means nothing as the same person would not be making that sum for the same job in that country. Itd be 3.4k or even 340 flat in some places whatever the # man.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

Woo! Homelessness is on the rise! *fist pump* Give me ALL the imaginary political points! Woohoo!!!

Is it on the rise, or is it being paid attention to after 8 years of nothing from Obama?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't know if ignoring monetary policy I'd a good idea. If I were a family farmer effected by the tariffs I think I would be blaming someone. Or required aluminum for my product.

Some jobs are not exactly easy to walk away from like say owning 1000 diary cowes. Or folding up your business because the supply line has been over taxed.

Yeah I have always been fine because I am a tradesman and nobody get trained anymore to do that work. My wife is very successfull. However I don't think I am everyone in the world and my life applies to every situation.

so you are in favor of the blame game, followed by the "poor me" game? I bet you and your wife don't opperate like that. And if things get slow, you find a way to make things better, as I do and as so many others do. Crying about how bad you have it, won't fix anything. Trust me, when the economy tanked in 2008 and I finally lost my ass in 2011, my tears didn't do a damn thing to help, but my getting a new job sure did.

Hear, hear!!

I love this response.

Sorry to hear you lost your ass, but I love the “suck it up, buttercup” attitude
Definitely need more of that mindset in today’s world.

Best of luck in the future

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think there is some confusion here between "The Economy" and the financial health of the American People. When the media talks about "The Economy" they mean Wall St., banks, and corporations.

Yes, The Economy is doing fine, by using fiat currency, a smoke and mirrors stock market, and corporate bought laws to suck wealth out of the poor and middle class.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Boom leads to bust.

Welcome to the last 40 years, though. I can only speak for myself here, but I hold zero dollars in credit debt and I am in what the OP is calling "lower middle class." Things have improved greatly the past 2 years.

link   
I call BS.

The truth is no one knows what middle class is because no one can agree on what the qualifying characteristics should be or how quantity equates to class.

The only verifiable source is median/mean income. However, as many are quick to point out, its not just about the dollars earned. Its cost of living, what constitutes "middle class", and a variety of other aspects equally undefined. Is middle class owning a home? Is it purely a reflection of wages earned? Is it being able to afford a vacation once a year?

When you can clearly define the term "middle class" the answers will be self evident.

link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Hear, hear!!

I love this response.

Sorry to hear you lost your ass, but I love the “suck it up, buttercup” attitude
Definitely need more of that mindset in today’s world.

Best of luck in the future

Yeah the authoritarians intervening in the market love that attitude. They can do whatever they want and tax whatever they want as long as they project the right cultural responses..

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Boom leads to bust.

Welcome to the last 40 years, though. I can only speak for myself here, but I hold zero dollars in credit debt and I am in what the OP is calling "lower middle class." Things have improved greatly the past 2 years.

Nothing has improved. It's an illusion. Debt is about to be at its highest since ww2. When we actually had the largest trade decline in modern history.

It's like saying Obama was a genius because "unemployment" went from 10 percent to 4.5.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I agree under $200,000 a year is WORKING CLASS not middle class. I'd actually say $250,000 myself, but idea remains the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Or a farm effected by monetary policy.

How is it monetary policy affects a farmer? Does it do so than the next-door contract plumber??

Are we confusing monetary policy with fiscal sorta like, effecting a farmer and not affecting?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nothing has improved. It's an illusion.

Pretty sure my personal finances improving aren't an illusion... but by all means, if you wish to call me being able to buy more and invest more the past calendar year, while amassing exactly nothing in debt as an "illusion" then it's a pretty damn neat trick.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Good point. Fiscal and monetary usually work together.

Yeah the fiscal policy of tariffs and monetary policy of low interest borrowing are a bad combination.

Monetary policy effects farmers when the fiscal policy needs to be paid for. It also effects us all.

In this case we have fiscal policy of the president trying to affect the monetary policy by saying don't raise rates.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I have said it before, and I'll reiterate it here. The Tariff's might turn out to be a horrible thing, but they also might turn out to be a great thing, we have to wait and see who want's a trade war, and who wants to deal fairly. One thing I do know is that I am not the right person to make that call. I know my world, but this is a bit above me, and I know it. It's a shame more don't. Global economics is more than just what happens to that one guy that one time. It's long term. And again, it might be horrible, we will see.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join