It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Allen breaks silence on Roseanne firing: 'Who makes up these rules?'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Allen thinks that we have gone backwards, and I know he has to be careful because his Last man standing is rebooting. But you have to think he is referring to the SJW, BLM and open racism we are seeing that has taken all humor out of his profession.

It’s a very icy time. I’ve been a comedian for 38 years and I’ve never seen it, like Lenny Bruce said at the Purple Onion, ‘We’ve gone backwards.’ There are things you can’t say. There are things you shouldn’t say. Who makes up these rules? And as a stand-up comic, it’s a dangerous position to be in because I like pushing buttons. It’s unfortunate.”
ew.com...

I am going to call this one like I see it.
1. Rosanne Barr is an idiot and should know better. And I'm sure Allen longs for the days when we could laugh at America's quirks.

2. I contend that the unhealthy dialog Obama opened up is a major cause of this mess we find ourselves in. And it will take decades to heal the damage willingly or unwillingly done.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
But Valerie Jarrett DOES look like she is from the Planet of the Apes. And how many black women do you know with the name Valerie?

This entire thing is a joke.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Words can hurt, they can also heal.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I don't really know how you managed to tie this to Obama, but kudos for that.

Hell, why stop there? I'm pretty sure the current overreaction of the PC culture can be safely blamed on Oprah, Joss Whedon, Tetris, and The Quaker Oats Cereal Guy. I'll grab my pitch fork!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Nope, the "joke" Rosanne made was not funny because there is no truth to it.

And Tim seems to be realizing that something was lost over the last 8 years that won't be back in his lifetime.

But Valerie Jarrett DOES look like she is from the Planet of the Apes. And how many black women do you know with the name Valerie?

edit on 2-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is like the #metoo repercussions, it has gone to far pc, i am in my fifties now, so remember pre millennial earth, young chaps today need a solicitors letter to chat up women etc.. and it has affected so many trades, ahh well i will be dead soon
haha some peace from all this pc bollox

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People have been comparing political figures to monkeys and apes for ages. Roseanne Barr is a comedian. Americans have just been bowing to the loudest fringe group in the room, the SJWs. The vast majority of America despises their way of thinking, and the only reason you hear it is because Hollywood and the media have gone so far left it's ridiculous.
edit on 2-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: Political Correctness is retarded

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

And Tim seems to be realizing that something was lost over the last 8 years that won't be back in his lifetime.

Praying you'll get rewarded with eyes that work soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Make no mistake, I did a google search of the 1968 movie and I don't see anything that connects to make the "joke" funny.

I do think Bush Jr did have a slight chimp look though.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Praying you'll get rewarded with eyes that work soon.

i could just say here's to praying you get rewarded with a brain soon (see how that works)... but i won't.

good to see in modern civilization you cant demean and belittle other human beings with little disregard and expect 0 repercussions.

those days are almost gone. we will evolve.
this moaning is simply the last gasp of the neanderthals.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
At the end of the day there is a double standard in this country. And at the end of the day she is a comedian. They say stuff to push people's buttons.

I'm not sure the pc movement is solely to blame I think it's the sinking intelligence of this country as a whole.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When Roseanne first dropped that joke/statement, the first thing that came to my mind was the stupid haircut on the actress that played the female scientist ape, was very similar to the haircut the stupid actress who played the part of the Obama appointee?
edit on 3-8-2018 by Knapperdude because: none

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
thing about people who make racist comments, is that they always hide behind a technicality.
thing about racists is that they're always cowards, their excuses mirror those of pedophiles. they'll find a sliver of technicality to hide behind or or even better use the thin veil of anonymity of the internet to show their true faces... because they know their time is shortening fast....

there is a glaring continuity difference between making a political joke and using race in a political joke to insinuate slurs.
thing is, they all know what Roseanne was trying to say. but the coward gene, which is intertwined with the racist gene, knows what defense mechanism to consider when caught... much like a pedo.

keep telling yourselves what you need to... PC, swj blah blah blah.
we gotta move on at some point. good were starting now.
-10000 years later will thank us.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

We can’t blame Obama. For all we know he thought his acts were just and moral. We can only blame ourselves for believing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Anyone who knows me knows I don't take sides in politics. I am not democrat. I am not repultican. I am not left, I am not right. I will tell you a secret. No one should be. We all have views that are left-leaning, and we all have views that are right-leaning.

What is happening is what I have learned is termed an "SJW" campaign. SJW stand for "social justice warrior" and it is a given name to them as irony. They are far-left extremists who are nihilists.

They are infiltrating all strata of society. It started with the hippy era, and is caused by hippies who raised children with no morals. These people have no morals, they are nihilists.

They are filthy, they are nasty, they are immoral, they are liars. They are violent. A majority of them are millennial. They have been raised to act as they do. They have had no love, no moral training, no support. And they are acting out. And it is going to get much more nasty. They don't think, they only feel and react to emotion. They cannot be reasoned with.

The entire world is bombarding them with messages to behave as they do, and thus they do. Satan the Devil is behind it all.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

i'm still dating women on regular basis. no difference to my teenage years (we are older but still wild). sometimes you fall in love sometimes not. whats different, there are way more women out there with self confidence and thats a good thing. hopefully the women take over the planet some day.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Make no mistake, I did a google search of the 1968 movie and I don't see anything that connects to make the "joke" funny.

I do think Bush Jr did have a slight chimp look though.

So, it's okay to make fun of Bush because he's white, but hands off the woman of color? Seems if it's good for one then it should be good for all, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Words can hurt, they can also heal.

Well, yeah, especially if you're a pussy.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Allen thinks that we have gone backwards, and I know he has to be careful because his Last man standing is rebooting. But you have to think he is referring to the SJW, BLM and open racism we are seeing that has taken all humor out of his profession.

We HAVE gone backwards. Not hard to notice the # we're seeing is ABNORMAL.

He probably didn't notice, like we didnt notice until it hit us. And now here we are BAM. Funny how it works like that ain't it?

The world sucks now, and I hate it. If you think Rosanne Barr was wrong then you're part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Try the rebooted version with Helena Bonham Carter...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join