It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Report At Wright-Pat AFB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Breaking:

There are reports of an active shooter at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base at the base hospital, according to an alert sent to base personnel.

We’re hearing reports that someone may be barricaded inside the hospital, according to emergency dispatch traffic. The FBI is reportedly on the scene right now, according to dispatch reports.

“Emergency responders are enroute. All WPAFB Gates are Closed. All personnel take cover. Limit all communication to emergency use only,” according to the alert.

www.whio.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Update at 1:33 p.m. -- We have been told the incident has been contained. Continue to refer to your local news for further updates.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Far from over - according to reports - FBI is taking over

live video

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm about 30 miles away. There are mixed reports, one of which a weapon discharged during a scheduled training.

Nothing definitive but area schools are coming off lockdown.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

pretty hysterical times. thanks to the internet!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is just another example of why we need tighter air force base controls, though there are those who will argue it's the air force that kills, not the air force base.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

An "all clear" is coming over the loud speaker

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
According to LIVE Feed - Base will be making statement in about 15 minutes

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

About 10 mins. from my front door. I live on the other end and can trhow a rock over the fence of WPAFB.
They say it was a training incident. ? From what i am seeing something dont seem right on the news. The reaction of the people just dont seem like it was a training incident. Anyway Wright Pat will make a statement in a few minutes, this may be interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleReamus

About 10 mins. from my front door. I live on the other end and can trhow a rock over the fence of WPAFB.
They say it was a training incident. ? From what i am seeing something dont seem right on the news. The reaction of the people just dont seem like it was a training incident. Anyway Wright Pat will make a statement in a few minutes, this may be interesting.

Keep us posted, please.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There was no actual active shooter, it was a scheduled excercise and a person witnessed the training and reported it as a shooter.

announcement just came across
edit on 2-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
This is just another example of why we need tighter air force base controls, though there are those who will argue it's the air force that kills, not the air force base.

I'd say it's an example of why we need to let servicemembers concealed carry if they want to. Glad it was a false alarm. THIS TIME.
edit on 2 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Funny how the media almost acted like they wanted it to be a real active shooter situation.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurvivalJack
Funny how the media almost acted like they wanted it to be a real active shooter situation.

The two ton elephant in the room.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Perhaps one of the Aliens escaped, and had their bid for freedom....you know, in America, the home of the free?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Indeed.

aargh... Hit the send button.

**ahem**

Indeed, it does seem that way at times, doesn't it.
edit on 8/2/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurvivalJack

They did. They salivate over any chance to push their gun control agenda.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I'd say it's an example of why we need to let servicemembers concealed carry if they want to. Glad it was a false alarm. THIS TIME.

I don't know about that, having some dude with PTSD, suffering an Iraq or Afghanistan flashback, perhaps not your best line of defense? But maybe we could get back to our roots, have open carry and some entertaining gunfights in parking lots. But you could have a point, re: the PTSD hazard, as we did, at onetime, think liquored-up and armed was alright. Your concept is uniquely American, must admit.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

originally posted by: face23785

I don't know about that, having some dude with PTSD, suffering an Iraq or Afghanistan flashback, perhaps not your best line of defense? But maybe we could get back to our roots, have open carry and some entertaining gunfights in parking lots. But you could have a point, re: the PTSD hazard, as we did, at onetime, think liquored-up and armed was alright. Your concept is uniquely American, must admit.

I didn't say everyone should be carrying. We already had means for Commanders to order members who were having mental health issues to surrender all their weapons, even if they didn't live on base. Such precautions should still be taken. But there's no reason why most of us couldn't concealed carry.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I doubt this event was accidental. Probably a pre-scheduled drill, with a dash of realism thrown in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join