It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
August 1, 2018

Earlier Today, President Trump kept another promise. He met with (predominantly) African American pastors to address "inner-city" issues, like prison reform, among other things. Much progress has already been made, but the President will not take his foot off the accelerator until the destination is reached.

Following their roundtable discussion, one prominent pastor remarked:

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," Scott told the group, adding, "This is probably going be ... the most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."

He compared Trump to his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation's first African-American president, and said: "This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community."

"The last president didn't feel like he had to," he added, saying of Obama: "He got a pass."

Source A: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Source B: www.usnews.com...

Thanks to policies of President Trump, African American employment is at it's highest level EVER... in the history of America. Several new intiatives directed at improving quality-of-life, have been initiated by President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, including the "First Step Act", which was passed by Congress earlier this year.

It's hard to believe that any sane American who sees how President Trump and his administration are improving this nation, can vote against the progress we're making as a country. But...that's another thread for another day.

-CareWeMust

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wonder if they're taking that into account when their figuring their "blue wave'?

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I must say, in England Trump gets a pretty bad press coverage in fact it's border line witch hunt. when he first appeared on the scene I though noooo the Americans aren't that stupid to elect someone like that into office!! And then when he got in I was like are you all retarded!!! Don't forget here in the UK the word trump means 'fart' I thought it was madness....... That being said, I read some of the things that he does and it makes perfect sense to me my attitude has entirely changed. While I think the person 'Trump' is a complete clown I honestly think he is doing things to make the USA a better place or at least he is doing his best to achieve that. No matter what you think of the person you can't diss him for trying. Power to him!

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
But I thought he was the biggest, most hateful, most evil racist there ever was in the history of humanity???
Damn! I just can't get a handle on things these days

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How many N-bombs will he be called for saying this?

Is he now alt-right?

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

As long as he continues to help the citizens of this nation he will win the next election.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

All good news.

I hope he continues to work with the people that are most effected by our for profit prison system and brings real change to it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's hard to believe that any sane American who sees how President Trump and his administration are improving this nation

You understand that not everything he is doing is good for the country?

Praise him when he does good. Hold him accountable when he does bad.

If we do that he will do more good than bad.

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

UGH I KNOW RIGHT!

I mean despite the fact that the vast majority of inner city minorities are christians.

And that 90 percent of the organizations focused on helping inner city minorities are in fact faith based, so going through them would be the best point to start.

But hey SCREW FACTS amirite!

HANG THE ORANGE RACIST, BIGOTTED CLOWN!
edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I mean despite the fact that the vast majority of inner city minorities are christians.

Are a lot of inner city Christians getting caught up in the for profit prison system, or are these Christian pastors looking for their share of the bounty of a captive prison audience?

I didn't know that inner city gang members were Christians. I'm sure all those Christian pastors can finally start making a difference now that Jeff Session and Religious Freedom Task Force are on the sceme!

edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The participants, from your source:

Yes... they are pastors... Did you not notice the title? It's right there...

What a pity that's all you see.

What I see is a group of people with love and compassion in their hearts for real people that are hurting and suffering and dying, and they have the will and the courage to try to change that. People ready, willing and able to put themselves and their time and energy and hearts into making the world a better place.

And I see a president actually listening to their concerns and actually putting his time and energy and heart into making the world a better place.

As opposed to those critters who have long exploited and manipulated the suffering of many many people with promises of this and that and the other thing that never quite materializes into real reform. Like Obama.

And those who talk the trash talk about the ones actually walking the walk and getting the job done.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

He compared Trump to his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation's first African-American president, and said: "This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community."

There's more to the story here than we are told. I can guarantee it.

My speculations are just; Obama at least addressed and recognized racism in modern USA, Trump doesn't even bat an eye towards it. I don't think a lot of people actually know the full scope of what Obama did for black American's than they actually think. Here's a hint it's called 'Hope' and 'Change'.

But back on topic, I wonder what jobs these people are given and hold right now. I know some job is better than no job at all, but are they jobs with growth? Skilled trades? STEM?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 1, 2018

Earlier Today, President Trump kept another promise. He met with (predominantly) African American pastors to address "inner-city" issues, like prison reform, among other things. Much progress has already been made, but the President will not take his foot off the accelerator until the destination is reached.

Following their roundtable discussion, one prominent pastor remarked:

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," Scott told the group, adding, "This is probably going be ... the most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."

"The last president didn't feel like he had to," he added, saying of Obama: "He got a pass."

Source A: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Source B: www.usnews.com...

Thanks to policies of President Trump, African American employment is at it's highest level EVER... in the history of America. Several new intiatives directed at improving quality-of-life, have been initiated by President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, including the "First Step Act", which was passed by Congress earlier this year.

It's hard to believe that any sane American who sees how President Trump and his administration are improving this nation, can vote against the progress we're making as a country. But...that's another thread for another day.

-CareWeMust

Off
If the dems lose the inner city vote they are screwed.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

or are these Christian pastors looking for their share of the bounty os a captive prison audience?

Im sorry are you an inner city expert? I must have missed the post where you explained to everyone how religious organizations trying to save the youth, build up communities and stop the systemic tide of minorities coming in an out of prison.

Or is it just because the word "christian" is in there.

I didn't know that inner city gang members were Christians. I'm sure all those Christian pastors can finally start making a difference now that Jeff Session and Religious Freedom Task Force are on the sceme!

What are you doing to help out the situation?

People who knee jerk, because the term "christian" comes up despite what they are trying to do for the community, really are the worst kind of people.

And yeah , I guess you wouldnt know that most Inner City populations are mostly Christian, because you clearly have no idea wtf you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
I wonder if they're taking that into account when their figuring their "blue wave'?

That "Blue Wave" terminology is this year's version of the 2016 polls showing Hillary running over candidate Trump.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The fact that you were instantly triggered by the word "christian"

Says a hell of a lot more about you than it does Trump or anyone else trying to help.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So, what are these pastors going to do, pray the crime away, and preach the gospel to a literally captive prison audience? Why did the Trump administration think it best to call Christian Churches together to address inner city crime and for profit prison? Could it be this administration is blatantly catering to Christians?

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Boadicea

So, what are these pastors going to do, pray the crime away, and preach the gospel to a literally captive prison audience? Why did the Trump administration think it best to call Christian Churches together to address inner city crime and for profit prison? Could it be this administration is blatantly catering to Christians?

Maybe instead of acting an ignorant fool, you could look up their programs, how their active in the communities and what they are doing.

You know , research, instead of just spouting off

Oh but, that would require actual effort, and make you look foolish for your white washing , so thats not gonna happen

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

The U.K. press in "in bed" with the U.K. elite and spy agencies...just like the U.S. press is "in bed" with ours. It's natural that your press would slam Trump, just like our press. But it seems that people in the United Kingdom are more discerning and wise than millions in the U.S. who don't even believe what THEIR OWN 5 senses are telling them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join