It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So, instead of tossing lofty Christian abstracts...

What a sad little puppy you are. Here is my entire post and not once did I toss any "lofty Christian abstracts" out:

Could be... Could it be that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about??? Yup.

Maybe these are the only ones who give a rats' patootie. You don't even know and yet you're already judging them.

Why don't you actually find out, instead of presuming the worst?

But you cannot/will not/did not even address your own blatant ignorance on display. You don't even know how embarrassed you should be!

why don't you illuminate me as to what Christian churches are actually doing in inner cities to stem the for profit prison pipeline? How is federally funding church activities better than funding secular community centers?

If you had asked nicely, and displayed genuine concern, I probably would. But given your willful ignorance, why should I? If you want to know, you'll do your own due diligence. If you don't, you'll continue to be ignorant. Your choice.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Meanwhile, over at The Root, we see the "woke" black folks aren't impressed...

Somehow, Donald Trump Keeps Finding Groups of Thirsty, Shameless and Silly Church Negroes to Meet with Him

If I am ever lucky enough to meet God, of the myriad questions I plan to ask Him (most, btw, involve lactose intolerance), one of the more pressing will be: Where exactly is the bottomless pit containing the endless cadre of thirsty, feckless, shameless, stupid and silly niggas willing to meet with Donald Trump located?

This is why you can't take black liberals seriously. If Trump didn't meet with these preachers, he'd be a racist for failing to do anything to address the black community problems. However, because he is meeting with these black preachers, now they can't attack Trump so they have to pull the Uncle Tom cards on the preachers.

Imagine if a relatively mainstream conservative website wrote something like that... the Root is a major black media website part of the Gawker network and owned by Univision.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The government has no business fostering Christianity and their churches. They have an obligation to spend tax payer dollars on the secular community. Communities benefit more from well staffed and well equipped secular community centers than from fancy churches with nice amenities.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I find that most bigots dont want to do the research, they want to stay in their own hate filled headspace.
Because if they DO actually take an honest look, it destroys their narrative, and then they cant justify their own hatred constantly anymore.

They wont do the research, he wont look into it, he wont take an honest look, that destroys the narrative.

Its like a KKK member who refuses to talk to a black man, scared to, because it shatter his glass house

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You know, it's the same argument throughout this thread, only Christians are good, and care. Everyone else are just thugs.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The government has no business fostering Christianity and their churches. They have an obligation to spend tax payer dollars on the secular community. Communities benefit more from well staffed and well equipped secular community centers than from fancy churches with nice amenities.

Yeah, cause thats working in Chicago and Detroit right?

Those churches can spend whatever the hell they want in their own communities to help the people there.

You are seriously so far gone out of touch, i would ALMOST think you were just trolling, cause I couldnt POSSIBLY see how anyone with any common sense, would poopoo local community churches helping their communities , you know like theyre suppose to do

But here you are, in all your glory, spewing ignorance and intolerance and hate.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Seems the secular community has failed? Who else in these communities are wanting to talk to Trump and ask for help? It is the government who has ruined these communities to begin with that I think you are upset with not getting the attention. Like I already said, the local government in these communities have already failed, so why not go to those who actually live in the snip on a daily basis and talk to them?

I didn't realize it was illegal for the President to talk to Christian church leaders who want help in their violent communities. Your hate runs deep. Seek out the meaning of tolerance, considering that is one your political mantras.
edit on 1-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You know, it's the same argument throughout this thread, only Christians are good, and care. Everyone else are just thugs.

Never once has anyone said that at all.

In fact youre the one whose been making the accusation that thugs dont go to church, casting stones in a glass house.

Youre literally THE ONLY ONE on the thread, demeaning anything these people are doing.

And if youll notice not ONE SINGLE left leaning person on this site has come on here to defend you, not one.

That has to tell you how far your hatred has gone.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I find that most bigots dont want to do the research, they want to stay in their own hate filled headspace.

My research says that Christian groups tend to discriminate, or at the very least separate, blame and shame those that don't embrace their version of Christian life style, doctrine and morality. Secularly managed community groups may not always have 100% perfect staff members, but they don't hide behind the Bible to enforce expected behavioral standards.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My research says that Christian groups tend to discriminate, or at the very least separate, blame and shame those that don't embrace their version of Christian life style, doctrine and morality. Secularly managed community groups may not always have 100% perfect staff members, but they don't hide behind the Bible to enforce expected behavioral standards.

And thats complete bullsnip lmfao.

Go walk into a southern baptist church sometime in the ghetto, anyone one of them.

Your rhetoric doesnt hold up to facts.

disgusting.

You do realize youre displaying HERE, more ignorance and discrimination and bigotry, than the actual people youre writing about right? If thats not Irony I dunno what is.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Because if they DO actually take an honest look, it destroys their narrative, and then they cant justify their own hatred constantly anymore.

That's a good point -- to do the research might prove them wrong and they can't have that. It's all about the ego.

Its like a KKK member who refuses to talk to a black man, scared to, because it shatter his glass house

I'm often surprised at how invested some people can become in believing something. As if their very identity depends on believing it. Perhaps even to the extent that being forced to face the reality can cause a mental/emotional breakdown. That's when it's scary.

But most such folks are just mean and obstinate!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And if youll notice not ONE SINGLE left leaning person on this site has come on here to defend you, not one.

Unlike the ATS right wing mob, I don't rely on echo chamber tactics. I don't measure the value of my opinion based on stars or high fives from other members. I use ATS to speak to my own observations.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

Hmm...I see what you did there. It begs the questions: Do you think there is anyone Trump should cater to, and, if so, to whom should he cater and why?

Side note: Making snide remarks doesn't mean you have something of substance to offer, nor is it synonymous with intelligence. It shows an uncouth lack of respect for oneself and one's own intellect.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
How many N-bombs will he be called for saying this?

Is he now alt-right?

There are African American pastors who don't make decisions based on right/left. They are genuinely concerned for "their" community, and are 100% Pro-Life for the unborn. The source is not as important, as is the results.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Nope, I didn't know... and I still don't. What I do see is that you just can't get past your unreasonable hatred for Christians -- and anyone that refuses to hold them in the same hateful contempt.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but religion, Christianity being especially favored by this administration, has no place influencing criminal and prison reform public policy. I have no problem with Trump and his administration having a more open forum, allowing all community leaders, not just Christian pastors, to participate in round table discussions, expressing their concerns and proposals, in order to fortify the entire community in general, not just Christian churches.

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

It's hard to believe that any sane American who sees how President Trump and his administration are improving this nation

You understand that not everything he is doing is good for the country?

Praise him when he does good. Hold him accountable when he does bad.

If we do that he will do more good than bad.

If President Trump is sabotaging some area of American greatness...or dragging us backward, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

link   

Unlike the ATS right wing mob, I don't rely on echo chamber tactics. I don't measure the value of my opinion based on stars or high fives from other members. I use ATS to speak to my own observations.

How odd is that! It's us so called right wingers wanting these children and families living in these communities to get the help they need and the protection they need to feel safe in their own communities! YET here YOU are pissed off that something positive might come out of this meeting to actually help them because of Christianity???

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

As long as he continues to help the citizens of this nation he will win the next election.

What troubles me is not President Trump, but Republicans in general right now. We need to weed out those who were Anti-Trump during the campaign. Ryan, McCain, Flake, Corker, come to mind. And replace a few Democrat SENATORS with Republicans.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Like most "Christians", inner-city Christians don't practice all tenants of the faith. Every African American Christian I knew voted for Obama because he was Black, even though he was not Anti-Abortion. Religion came in second, behind ethnic pride.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join