It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls Out Koch Brothers...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: Edumakated

Trump seems to be the average "joe's" president. You can tell by how much the repubs and dems despise him. Koch bothers seem like bad news.

The average "Joe" Americana is apparently a racist, misogynist nazi, according to democrats.

I can't fathom the mindset of someone who'd prefer the status quo over real change, let alone people who react in the manner witnessed.

I don't know enough about the Koch bros. to make a determination. And also, according to some, that means I'm an average "Joe" kinda guy...

Silly world we live in, I just hope we get on with removing the detritus from the limelight so we can just get on with being a productive, less silly, world.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Excellent thread. There are 8 Republican leaders who ACTIVELY participated with the Obama Administration to "Stop him" (Trump) from being elected. Paul Ryan and John McCain are two. I can't recall who the other 6 are. You knew something was awry with Republican leadership, when none of them campaigned with candidate Trump, and only a few openly supported his agenda.

Thankfully, Ryan and McCain will not be back in 2019. (Well.. McCain is in God's hands, I suppose. But...)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I firmly believe that Trump has a info gathering network second to none. And when he says something there is a reason, and he more than likely can't share what is really going on.

In short I trust Trump, until he inevitably lets me down.

The good news is, he is not a career politician.

The bad news is, he is surrounded by them.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really think there is no difference between GOP (and their backers) and DNC (and their backers).

They both want what is best for them and to use and screw us over at every chance we get.

Yet we salivate and vote for these tools every ####ing two to four to six years.

There are some days where I think that an EMP blast might not be such a bad idea.

In the voice of a maniacal madman intent on global destruction;

"Yesssss.. A world reset switch. It is a good plan. It must succeed!!"

I actually agree. It would sort the men out from the soy boys.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It doesn’t matter if it is Soros or the Koch brothers. They are all enemies of personal liberty and want us all to be slaves to their brand of Globalism.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Sure, be we arent talking about you, we're talking about the Kochs. Their motivation is indeed partisan, as that assessment effects them and their ends. Do they have the interests of the working man or woman at heart? Or do they just want the gift of cheap labor to keep on giving.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It doesn’t matter if it is Soros or the Koch brothers. They are all enemies of personal liberty and want us all to be slaves to their brand of Globalism.

Why? For decades before Trump, people on the Right were huge proponents of Koch brothers, the people they employed, and free market system.

The reason im skeptical is because now all the sudden "Cause Trump" people hate the Koch brothers.

This feels very disingenuous.

Im a libertarian constitutionalism, and I have a hard time reconciling the hypocrisy and flip flopping on issues , and in some cases complete belief systems, from both sides depending on what "THEIR GUY" says.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I think they threw money at the Republicans and the GOP just went along with whatever they wanted as long as they kept shoveling money out.

I consider them almost as bad as Soros. Both they and Soros have far too much political power.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Sure, be we arent talking about you, we're talking about the Kochs. Their motivation is indeed partisan, as that assessment effects them and their ends. Do they have the interests of the working man or woman at heart? Or do they just want the gift of cheap labor to keep on giving.

I dunno, really whose to say? maybe they do , maybe they dont, im sure profits are a HUGE deal to them.

But how long have so many of us on the right side of thing championed the fact that the free market, and profits for these companies LIFT UP, people, create jobs, etc etc etc.

So now were against capitalism because Trump?

I hope you can understand what im trying to say here.

Standing here in the middle, it LITERALLY just seems like people are cool with other people and companies as long as they say nice things about Trump, and if they dont CONDEMN THEM, facts be damned.

The Koch brothers arent my favorite people, but nor do I see them as a boogeyman for looking out for the interest of their company, which is what ANY of us would do if it were our livlihood.

Over half of their employees world wide are in the US.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Its all bull#. Essential # like medical supplies should be produced domestically and have prices set and locked - yes by the government.

How the # else is our populace supposed to survive if anything ever goes awry?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Spot on. The powers that be behind BOTH parties don't have the Average American Citizen's best interest at heart at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

I dunno, really whose to say? maybe they do , maybe they dont, im sure profits are a HUGE deal to them.

But how long have so many of us on the right side of thing championed the fact that the free market, and profits for these companies LIFT UP, people, create jobs, etc etc etc.

Depends. Do you champion crony capitalism? I don't.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

Its all bull#. Essential # like medical supplies should be produced domestically and have prices set and locked - yes by the government.

How the # else is our populace supposed to survive if anything ever goes awry?

You want the gov to regulate MORE medical supplies? You see what they do to the cost of MEDICINE, and you want MORE gov oversight? What the hell happened to "conservatives"?

Its bull# that EMS , hospitals and doctors want to make money to support their families?

Youre pissed because I pay my EMTs, and Paramedics?

What the hell kind of logic is this?

Ill add, many medical supplies ARE made here in the US, but when you have tariffs on components that MAKE UP those supplies, you run into issues.

I mean, you can try and school me in a profession ive been involved in for more than half my life on this planet if you like, but I might actually have some insight.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It is interesting because many of us Trump supporters have been trying to tell leftist that there is a war going on in the Republican party. Trump is to Republicans as Bernie is to Democrats. Trump just happened to pull it off in spite of the Republicans trying to thwart him.

People really don't understand that. Trump could run like Teddy Roosevelt and form a Bull Moose Party and probably win. Who is going to challenge him on the Republican side?
edit on 31-7-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sorry, but if anyone has been championing a "free" market is being silly because ours in not a free market. And especially the medical device industry.

I know people who work on manufacturing lines building pace makers-they make $11 an hour as temp workers. Race to the bottom.
edit on 31-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Depends. Do you champion crony capitalism? I don't.

But you guys werent calling it crony capitalism in regards to the Koch brothers just 4 short years ago?

See what im saying?

it seems really really disingenuous, what it seems like is "Trump said get em so get em"

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sorry, but if anyone has been championing a "free" market is being silly because ours in not a free market. And especially the medical device industry.

I know people who work on pace makers-they make $11. as hour as temp workers. Race to the bottom.

And if the overhead to produce these devices wasnt so high they could be paid more. It all works hand in hand.

Thats where im going with this, I get what hes trying to do is get a "better deal" on some of these things, but the problem is it could make it far worse with these tariffs.

If youre working for a company that produces a product, and their overhead jumps by even 20 percent, not only is the price of that product going to increase for its end user, but they arent going to be able to afford to employ as many people to PRODUCE that product.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

How true. All the elite see us as slaves/servants/robots. A means to an end.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Odd how Canadian's pay less for everything associated with medical. Oh they got those scary Govt. boards that set prices, no shortages though.....

You want the gov to regulate MORE medical supplies?

Its bull# that EMS , hospitals and doctors want to make money to support their families?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Odd how Canadian's pay less for everything associated with medical. Oh they got those scary Govt. boards that set prices, no shortages though.....

You want the gov to regulate MORE medical supplies?

There are more people in california than the total population of Canada.

Thats like saying that because the family down the street who has 2 kids, and makes 65k a year and lives fine, could move in the rest of their inlaws, have 5 more kids, and make it taking int the same resources and income they did with 2 kids.

Its not the same at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join