It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge says US must seek consent to medicate immigrant kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, we read about it already that our government was medicating the children in custody, in this ATS thread, and while some did not believe this could be happening, others reasoned these were vaccinations or regular flu or cold medications and so on. The cynics among us, or what turn out to be realists, were right in suspecting foul play -- we just know our government too well.

Among the medications given to the children were psychotropic drugs. Psychotropics are mind altering drugs that can change mood, attitude, help with mental disorders such as the bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.

A federal judge ruled Monday that the U.S. government must seek consent before administering psychotropic drugs to immigrant children held at a Texas facility.

U.S. District Judge Dolly M. Gee in Los Angeles issued a ruling that the federal government violated portions of a longstanding settlement governing the treatment of immigrant children caught crossing the border.

Gee said the government must obtain consent or a court order to give children psychotropic medications at a Texas facility under state law unless it’s an emergency.

So they were not used in emergencies meaning it was standard practice. Psychotropics are prescribed by psychiatrists, after patent history has been established, a diagnosis made -- not as food additive, pretty much. My feeling is they were used as crowd control, for mind altering and subduing purposes. Having already learned in the previous thread that these medications were forced, and now having learned from this decision that they were used liberally and not for emergencies, we can deduce it was for control and mind altering and not medical reasons.

Is anyone ok with this? Is anyone ok with forced vaccinations, let alone forced psychotropic medication?

She also said officials must tell children in writing why they are in a secure facility and that gang affiliation alone doesn’t justify such a placement.

“The kids weren’t getting notice of why they were sent away,” said Holly Cooper, co-director of the Immigration Law Clinic at University of California, Davis, and one of the lawyers representing detained immigrant children.

Additionally, our government now has to inform the children as to why they are there.

I seriously cannot believe I am writing about this, I didn't think anything like this was possible in our day and age, here in this country. Thankfully, we have some good federal judges who are working on rectifying this cluster#.

Associated Press

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Psychotropics are mind altering drugs that can change mood, attitude, help with mental disorders such as the bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.

They also impact other body functions and can be prescribed by any doctor and is not restricted to psychiatric doctors. This ruling only affects the one facility in Texas and several other motions made by this group were shot down by the judge.

List of psychotropic medications
edit on 30-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Big Pharm isnt going to take that lying down. Expect "an offer he cant refuse" tonight to change his mind.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

The fact that private facilities are drugging these children to placate them is disgusting and should be illegal.

I'm glad I have a president that actually reacts to situations when he is made aware of them and attempts to sovle the problems.

Past administrations did nothing to ensure the well being of the children.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Kharron
Psychotropics are mind altering drugs that can change mood, attitude, help with mental disorders such as the bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.

They also impact other body functions and can be prescribed by any doctor and is not restricted to psychiatric doctors. This ruling only affects the one facility in Texas and several other motions made by this group were shot down by the judge.

List of psychotropic medications

They went to the judge because she was the one that made the Flores ruling.

They judge shopped... how typical of the left.

If it wasn't for her first ruling we wouldn't be doing this because we wouldn't be in this cluster# in the first place.

So I'm not exactly sure we should be calling her a "good" federal judge.

More like a Progressive one.

So like everything else, now Trump has to fix a Progressive policy.

/facepalm

edit on 30-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

Edit to add... this is the second time today I have replied to a post and the comment ended up on the wrong post.

And I'm sober dammit!!!

So sorry Xcathdra... the reply was for the OP and I'll try again posting tomorrow.

edit on 30-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well then they should be sent back to country of origin. I'm not sure I want to spend time searching for consent when we have a kid with something like tuberculosis. That is the flip side of this coin.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While I agree with you. I do not believe Psychotropics are used to treat TB.

Looking at the Wiki link they are mostly used for things like: Stress, ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and other mind issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Looking at the Wiki link they are mostly used for things like: Stress, ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and other mind issues.

They aren't, but at the same time, consent to medicate is likely for all medications, not just psychotropics. There is a flip side to this coin.

Laws of unintended consequences and all that.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

A federal judge ruled Monday that the U.S. government must seek consent before administering psychotropic drugs to immigrant children held at a Texas facility.

Line one of the OP's article, and quoted in the OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yeah, The parent or guardian needs to approve the meds for minors. This practice they were doing is totally illegal. The only way that pharma treatment of minors can be given is if it is a life and death situation when there is no adult consent.

You would think that the people prescribing the meds would know this, they need to have a doctors prescription to give them.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

If these illegal kids go nuts due to not being medicated, lets send them to the community where that judge resides.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't believe the same people who want autonomy with vaccinations are the same people brushing this off.

Yeesh.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Irony everyone is ignoring is the fact so many of these kids, cant get the ok for meds, is because THEY ARENT WITH THE PARENTS.

Which flies directly in the face of all the propaganda coming out in the beginning, about them being separated from families.

But people are so dense, they cant figure it out.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Stress. Treating stress is a bad thing? I am sure the kid who just got dragged from, whichever, country they are from whose parents, or drug handler, are caught and are considered to have broken the law of the new country he/she is in would be under a tremendous amount of stress, which may be on top of all the other things in your sentence. What a bone headed judge she is. Maybe election time will take care of her, doubt it though, it is California.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I was agreeing with this:

I'm not sure I want to spend time searching for consent when we have a kid with something like tuberculosis.

Most of our country's mass shooters have been on Psychotropics of one sort or another. Without knowing a medical history, I would be concerned of putting an unknown child on one.

But I understand your point as well. I could agree, that it's likely psychotropic drugs have helped some.
But as doctors do not get it correct with long time patients. I'd rather they hesitate and use caution.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No worries man it happens.

As for judge shopping I would normally agree however in this instance she is the judge responsible for the Flores ruling. Using her would be appropriate given her knowledge of the other 2 court cases in question, including the one that made it to scotus.

When you start introducing multiple judges you start running into problems.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Definitely use caution. I know it is not the kids fault for being dragged here. I am saying that most kids wouldn't know how to handle that stress, and to deny them help for that stress is a bone headed move.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When you start introducing multiple judges you start running into problems.

Or you run into actual solutions and not bone headed decisions by a bone headed judge, which this proves she is.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, The parent or guardian needs to approve the meds for minors. This practice they were doing is totally illegal. The only way that pharma treatment of minors can be given is if it is a life and death situation when there is no adult consent.

You would think that the people prescribing the meds would know this, they need to have a doctors prescription to give them.

I am not sure there is a law that covers that for illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Scary stuff. I scanned through a few of the links in this and other linked articles to try to see the exact drugs being given but it was sort of vague.
One tidbit though (bold is mine)..

Children said they were given as many as 18 pills a day and often were not told what the medication was for. Included among the drugs administered to the children were antidepressant, anti-anxiety, antipsychotic medications such as Clonazepam, Divalproex, Duloxetine, Lithium and Geodon.

Kind of makes you wonder if these kids are merely guinea pigs for some tests being carried out by big pharma. This is a conspiracy site still, right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join