It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient cache of Kabbalistic scrolls and Artifacts Discovered in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In first video, they opened the case and just rolled it open. Being old that would have gone in pieces. There are many phony items around and markets for the people who are unaware and too trusty to buy false items.

Not sure if these items can win when carbondated

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

These are screaming "fake" to me. But hey, more power to 'em. I think this is why we aren't seeing more media on this. If legit, it's certainly juicy enough, and the media are blood-sucking vampires, eager to report on anything to generate revenue.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

WoW! Starting the first video now. I LOVE archeological finds like this. Imagine finding them. Cool post!

edit on 7/31/2018 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The problem in simply dismissing something on a dating given by the sellers who are hardly experts is that it then prevents all further study by actual experts, the same happened with the Jordan Lead Codices and that's a huge scandal, there are groups with untoward interests that want these ignored and dismissed, this is an excellent discussion with regards to the Jordan Codices to which the religious tradition seen in these parchments may be linked.

As i said in the OP dates will vary, the two scrolls questioned in terms of the condition of the leather i would date them in conjunction with their cases at around the 17th century, and i would connect them to the Sabbatean Jewish sect.

Sabbatean

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa
a reply to: oriondc

No idea where it is now but i'd have loved to have seen the contents though it was lead sealed, the Goddess on the back holding the knife is Anat who was notorious for eating Ba'al in that death and resurrection drama, you can see the same two serpents symbol on the book in the later works by the way

Anat went mad (at) the beauty of her brother, And (at) the handsomeness of her brother, for he was fair. She ate his flesh without a knife, She drank his blood without a cup.

Ritual Feasts

For these reasons i suspect some form of cult with origins in the dim past, their symbolism is strange, for example in this Jewish work there is a Goddess of the radiant sacred heart and a scorpion, both likely relating to the cult of Asherah.

No. That’s a Christian text, containing a clear depiction of Christ with a crown of thorns, and that alleged “goddess” is simply the icon of Mary of the Immaculate Heart asyou will find in any of the Apostolic, particularly the Roman Catholic, churches.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

The problem in simply dismissing something on a dating given by the sellers who are hardly experts is that it then prevents all further study by actual experts, the same happened with the Jordan Lead Codices and that's a huge scandal, there are groups with untoward interests that want these ignored and dismissed, this is an excellent discussion with regards to the Jordan Codices to which the religious tradition seen in these parchments may be linked.

As i said in the OP dates will vary, the two scrolls questioned in terms of the condition of the leather i would date them in conjunction with their cases at around the 17th century, and i would connect them to the Sabbatean Jewish sect.

Sabbatean

I’m no expert, but the artistic style of some of the iconography in the Christian manuscripts is to my eye far too modern to be much older than that.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Theosist

There is that but the figure is winged which is why i related the iconography to a more abstract Celestial role, i do agree that the dates of these works cover an extensive range, there's a very nice Christian wirk here i would even take to be of the French colonial period.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I kept digging on this, coming across evermore Mad Arabs and strange works.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Mad Arabs? Lovecraft? Now we're talking!

Seriously though, if it's legit, absolutely, study the hell out of it.

I'm not dismissing it out of hand, just tossing in the caution, because this looks way too good to be true, so.....

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

There's no reason to doubt authenticity, artifacts were taken from Jobar, but also it was the custom to sometimes bury a scholars books with them and some of these finds are from looted tombs, i think it just surprises people the extent to which esoteric sects flourished in Syria but it shouldn't.

There's consistency in their symbolism throughout numerous works over an extended time frame so an ongoing sect it should be possible to identify it, it should also be easy enough to translate the Hebrew.

edit on 25-8-2018 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The black face of the woman inside the star fo David picture is like the black flowing lady from my dream. Do you know who this is Madrusa?

edit on 14-11-2021 by DAVG1980 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join