It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 years from now people won't be able to live in Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is now on Japanese TV. Showing how the temperatures in the last 60 years have risen from the average temp of 30c in summer to now temperatures reaching as high as 41c. As of today, 44 people have died do to the high temperatures and thousands have been treated for heat stroke conditions. It truly is sweltering hot here. It is like a desert. The vegetable plants are in need of rain. Vegetables and fruit prices are hitting record high prices. And the warming of sea has taken its toll on the fishing season this summer, many boats don't even bother to go up and more and more boats are for sale. (The fisherman here are old and the younger generation aren't following the footsteps of their parents, not all but many).
First we had them heavy rains 3 weeks ago and now a deadly heat wave, next are the typhoons till the end of September.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They are very smart. I'm sure they'll find a way to prevail.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Weren't the polar caps supposed to be melted by now?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This is now on Japanese TV. Showing how the temperatures in the last 60 years have risen from the average temp of 30c in summer to now temperatures reaching as high as 41c. As of today, 44 people have died do to the high temperatures and thousands have been treated for heat stroke conditions. It truly is sweltering hot here. It is like a desert. The vegetable plants are in need of rain. Vegetables and fruit prices are hitting record high prices. And the warming of sea has taken its toll on the fishing season this summer, many boats don't even bother to go up and more and more boats are for sale. (The fisherman here are old and the younger generation aren't following the footsteps of their parents, not all but many).
First we had them heavy rains 3 weeks ago and now a deadly heat wave, next are the typhoons till the end of September.

Hmm....

Want Florida?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Some projections assume humanity itself will become more or less extinct in that same time period or shortly there after.

We KNOW that global warming is real despite protestations against it by certain party's whom are only looking at economic's and the world be damned.

But it look's more and more like those certain party's are actually part of a plan.

Consolidating positions for safe haven in the antarctic is one such activity, even when the sea's start to boil at the equator there may remain a habitable zone there as the earth spiral's into a new Venus and before the atmosphere and runway greenhouse process which has already begun and is now actually past the Critical no return point this will at least in the medium term provide them with an earth based safe haven before the atmospheric pressure from those boiling ocean's goes too far, a process which has already passed the point of no return with natural crystalline methane being released by the slight rise in temperature both at ground level in the formerly permafrost regions and also from the warming deep ocean.

It is not a given that we would go that far however as the resultant cloud's could of course also insulate against the solar radiation and we are of course further out in the Goldilocks zone than Venus is which is just within the inner region of that zone (but whose runaway greenhouse atmosphere long ago boiled off it's ocean's) and of course it may top out with vast areas of the planet still within the habitable zone though ocean level's will be deeper and land area in those regions will be much smaller.

Meanwhile those certain party's are accelerating the process toward producing a strong presence in space which of course will also need the supportive infrastructure both on the ground and in space also on the moon and potentially mars.

Acceleration of redeveloped industrial base under there control to provide the necessary infrastructure is also a necessary step in this direction on the part of these party's though of course this will actually also accelerate the global warming even further.

So we have an elite who have had a little civil war among themselves, the elite behind the NWO conspiracy has undergone a schism as they wanted control of the planet but this other faction realize that there may be no planet for them to control and so has gone all out to push THERE Agenda B which in this case is to consolidate those area's that they can be certain of controlling while also setting up a new power base were those conditions will be more or less irrelevant.

Antarctica, Elite Refuge and potential habitable zone as global warming changes the environment with warming temperatures.

(Rising sea level's will also act as an alternative natural thermostat since the surface of the sea does indeed reflect a lot of solar radiation back into space and rain cloud's from all that surface evaporation will potential give the entire planet a wetter climate - perhaps even turning what at first will be huge desert's engulfing many currently habitable areas around the equator back into hot humid tropical zone's similar to just a couple of hundred million years ago, this in turn may allow flora to recolonize and after the mass die off caused by the Anthropocene the planet may then with increased oxygen level's once again play host to giant pre-dinosaur like insect's but likely humanity at least in it's current guise and perhaps entirely upon the earth will not survive this transition - at least down here)

edit on 23-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Id be willing to take bets that they will still be living there in 100 years but I wouldn't be here to collect.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It was 106 here yesterday and 109 the day before. It was a cool 102 today. I doubt it is as dire as they report, New Yorkers scream about the apocalypse as soon it gets about 90.

The Japanese make some darn good window air conditi9ners, we used them in Afghanistan where it reached 115 at times and in Kuwait where it reached the 120's regularly and they kept it reasonable.

I would think they have more to fear from any radiation contamination than from summer temps

edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I fully expected this to be another Fukishima post.

a reply to: LABTECH767

That is an interesting take on things. Maybe not even the first time this has happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered
I fully expected this to be another Fukishima post.

That is an interesting take on things. Maybe not even the first time this has happened.
Yet Fuk is Japans biggest problem!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I agree with you almost absolutely.

We are on the brink of worldwide famine, worldwide contamination, nuclear terror, and on top of all of that, the last 150 exa gallons of crude oil will be tapped and converted within that time frame.

There are so many ways a clever terrorist could literally end the world, I'm just wondering which mouse will finally get the cheese, and how.

PS I will not speculate on methods, online or otherwise.

The most disastrous of terrorist attack vectors need to remain a mystery.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Will all the sushi and saki run out?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

did humans also cause global warming on mars?
give me a fokkin break.

STICK to the TOPIC, zero need to bring politiks into this.
you lose all credibility by using trigger words to 'attempt' to convey a message.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Will all the sushi and saki run out?

Thats a good question.
Actually the Japanese are exporting a lot of sake these days, reason is old people don't drink it that much and the young people care for sweet drinks like chu-hi.

The sushi thing will run its course, we just had 2 new sushi houses open up and 2 that recently closed down. Labor is a big problem, full time help is mostly management and most everyone else is part time. Can't survive on part time work and live away from home here. Times are tough. The wife and I spend about $12 for 2 when go out for sushi, about the same at McD's. And McD's are in bad shape. High school students keep them from closing their doors.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's ok scro, the plants and people, just need electrolytes...

on a realistic level, there is a war for resources brewing, guess who won't be around to fight it...

we haven't seen nuttin yet

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can't help it, but Japan is meant to fall in China's hands. The only nation that is stopping that is of course USA with her bases. "Those who think they are free are not actually free."

USA was meant to release space tech for public usage. That didn't happen so good luck when the world runs to corrupt USA. Asian race will be reunited soon and it is inevitable. Don't bother attempting to prevent it with the divide and conquer game. Keep watch on space faring civilizations. Japs have been brainwashed since they lost to samurai overlords. Even today Japans media isn't as good as the 90's.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fukushima will empty Japan before the seas boil
Back in the 80s we were taught the world would be flooded out by now

These threads are just boring now days, all the South Pacific islands would disappear, costal suburbs would disappear and what? Nothing, nothing at all, he coastline hasn't changed in all the years I have been watching it, nothing at all

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Subway is doing badly too lately.

I don’t know what’s happening

I guess pretty soon we'll all just be ordering stuff from Amazon, sitting in our homes like prisoners.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I guess pretty soon we'll all just be ordering stuff from Amazon, sitting in our homes like prisoners.

They just opened a subway here in the mall. Wife and her friend ate there. 600 yen for a half of boring sandwich. Their not going back again.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well I guess since everything is beyond the point of no return, no use worrying about it now huh?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It's a similar thing here in the UK. The only permanent jobs in my area are management jobs. Even an entry level "engineer" job is required to have two years experience leading a team. Everyone with technical skills has either been in a company for decades or is working as a contractors now simply because it's the only way to make sure they get to use the core skills they wish to develop.

But as contractors/freelancers money flow isn't constant. So the only solution is cut spending to a minimum. Other countries in Europe safeguarded their technical workers and don't have this problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join