It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard of the Jezebel spirit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: toysforadults

I think the description in the video pertains to men or women.
It seems like the spirit of Hollywood.

I agree. Its not a male or female thing. Its more about the characteristics than it is gender.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So I had the chance to read the thread but I do not have the chance to watch the video. On my way to a hotel in flagstaff for work. I feel that all of these attributes should be looked at in todays society’s. As they could and probably would give a good indication of ones character.

If you could give me a break down of the video that would be bo cool. I am low on data LOL

Its essentially just covering the topic in the same way as the links but in audio format

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I sure have....divorced the cheating pos in 1988.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Refuses to admit guilt or wrong
Takes credit for everything
Uses people to accomplish its agenda
Withholds information
Lies
One-upmanship
Commands attention

So... basically your average teenager then... O_o
edit on 9-7-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

(post by InTheLight removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
The video early on says that the Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but that it's overwhelmingly a female personality type.
After that it's mostly a Christian misogynist's wet dream.
Lol

The Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but look at the drive in society to de-masculinize men. Men who are too "manly" are often labeled as being "toxic." What do you think makes a "pajama boy" or a soy boy or a beta male or a metrosexual? All of them are more feminized in their behaviors and preferences and thus would be prime to display the Jezebel spirit.

So I'd say there are plenty of men set up for this as much as women.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

"The Jezebel spirit is rebellious, jealous and vindictive. She wants to dominate and control. Sounds like my last relationship. I kid I kid. Anyway..."

Sounds like organized religious practice to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The video early on says that the Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but that it's overwhelmingly a female personality type.
Lol

The Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but look at the drive in society to de-masculinize men. Men who are too "manly" are often labeled as being "toxic." What do you think makes a "pajama boy" or a soy boy or a beta male or a metrosexual? All of them are more feminized in their behaviors and preferences and thus would be prime to display the Jezebel spirit.

Just because few, and I mean few, people put labels on men that choose to live their life in ways that are egalitarian and more spiritual does not mean those traits are feminine, rather they are natural to all humans and were repressed and for too long by dysfunctional societal programming.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"The Jezebel spirit is rebellious, jealous and vindictive. She wants to dominate and control. Sounds like my last relationship. I kid I kid. Anyway..."

Sounds like organized religious practice to me.

It does. It sounds like a lot of our institutions and mainstream culture

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Although I think the gender of Jezevel is irrelevant as far as I understand it

Demonds within the chriatian context or low vibrational entities for others are non binary only taking form in our world

(post by toysforadults removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Lol

Just because few, and I mean few, people put labels on men that choose to live their life in ways that are egalitarian and more spiritual does not mean those traits are feminine, rather they are natural to all humans and were repressed and for too long by dysfunctional societal programming.

Sounds like identity politics really having nothing to do with the overall topic

Who cares what gender a demon is it could be total BS for all we know debating its sexual identity is about as ridiculous as it gets

Rofl

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: InTheLight

Lol

Sounds like identity politics really having nothing to do with the overall topic

Who cares what gender a demon is it could be total BS for all we know debating its sexual identity is about as ridiculous as it gets

Rofl

When you quote and interpret women's behaviours and roles from the Bible, the overall topic then becomes fairy tale legends and laughable.
edit on 17CDT08America/Chicago02480831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Refuses to admit guilt or wrong
Takes credit for everything
Uses people to accomplish its agenda
Withholds information
Lies
One-upmanship
Commands attention

So... basically your average teenager then... O_o

To me it sounds more like the clinical definition or narcissism and psychopathy

It fits many many people in todays world I would even say that its actually become popular culture look at Hollyweird and Hip Hop

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"strives to remove men's authority and power over others"

since the only other humans around would be women, I guess he's saying that women are wrong to question the authority and power of men over them? ya know...
"obey your husband in ALL THINGS"???

we live in a world where it seems to be a choice between ruling or to be ruled. we seem to be under the illusion that it's better to rule, since the ruled over wear chains, either visible or invisible. that that is just an illusion, the master becomes just as much a servant to the servant as the servant is to the master, only in different ways.

thought christ came to release us from such bondage? ya know his sheep hear his voice and obey ONLY HIM?? does he have an all male flock or something???
or is the responsibility of women confined to just that one command.... obey your husband (or father) in all things.. do that and all will work out well for you?

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the struggle for power and authority over another as being anything but contrary to those fruits. and, blind obedience to one who claims power and authority over you quite frankly is very likely to interfere with a person being able to act according to those fruits.
I think christ's message was to serve to enable us to evolve past the master/servant relationship to something much more meaningful, more godlike. it's well past time to lay down your "god-given" authority to rule over another. now, you only have the authority others chose to give you.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"strives to remove men's authority and power over others" 

Well the original story comes from ancient Middle Eastern Abrahamic triges so the element of uhh... Eastern chauvinism is involved

I think christ's message was to serve to enable us to evolve past the master/servant relationship to something much more meaningful, more godlike. it's well past time to lay down your "god-given" authority to rule over another. now, you only have the authority others chose to give you.

I agree however according to what ive recently read on this spiritual godhead is that Jezevel is considered the female equavilent of Lucifer or Satan depending on who you ask. Apparently they are like partners or something I forget.

Essentially she is the feminine godhead of darkness. Luficer or Satan whatever is anti god and nature. He stands against natural order as an archetype or energy force. So in his opposition to nature or Christ depending on your beliefs he and or she (sexual identity is truly irrelevant that's a human perception)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ill come back to your response when I'm not at work on a cellphone

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It is, but that spirit is linked very closely to the feminine side of things. I say that fully knowing I am a woman.

She doesn't inhabit all of us, but we are naturally inclined because of our usual personalities and physical statures. Look at the traits - they're those of master manipulators. Through much of time, those were the ways women grasped power because they could not command it through blunt physical force the same way men could.

And it's not always bad to be persuasive, but these traits are the dark side of that, the evil side.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It is, but that spirit is linked very closely to the feminine side of things. I say that fully knowing I am a woman.

She doesn't inhabit all of us, but we are naturally inclined because of our usual personalities and physical statures. Look at the traits - they're those of master manipulators. Through much of time, those were the ways women grasped power because they could not command it through blunt physical force the same way men could.

And it's not always bad to be persuasive, but these traits are the dark side of that, the evil side.

I see only the use and/or abuse of power when one has a hold of it by any gender any time in history. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Jezebel's actions are mirrored by Haman and Judas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join