It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you tired of being manipulated yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: underwerks

I get it Trump isn't very likable I didn't vote for him but to say its all Trump IMO isn't correct. Hillary called half the country deplorable and the media calls Trump supporters Nazi scum. The division is on both sides the difference is the media is far left leaning and plays on peoples emotions. They've demonized people who support the president as people you can't even have a respectable debate with you just need to protest and yell.

I can't blame them they've been told Republicans and Trump supporters can never be apart of society and the only way is if their side wins so they can ignore them and push their policy. Compromise is dead

Trump could end all of it. By doing nothing more than the job a president is supposed to do. Namely by trying to represent ALL Americans and not just the ones who voted for him.

If Trump came out honestly trying to work on compromise between people and refrained from insulting those who disagree with him, a large part of the media and public vitriol would evaporate.

But he doesn’t want that. The constant attacks build him up and solidify him in the eyes of his supporters. And that isn’t something he’s going to throw away.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump is held accountable and attacked hourly from the biggest platforms down to the individual everyday.

And yet here you are blaming that on someone else. If you can at least place some of the blame on Trump, we can start to have an honest conversation.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Most people didn’t like him before he was elected when he was just a reality tv star.

More stupid BS. How is it most people didnt like him but still elected him as POTUS?

Stop listening to the media.

Because there was no one else to vote for that was seen too.

I think it is pretty clear the public did not love Trump before the election.

I can't see why People include their anger on a Make America Great Again logo.

The whole of the population seems messed up right now to me. From another of today's threads, I agree heartily with!

I say don't drink the cool-aid either way.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Aren't you tired of being mad all the time? Aren't you tired of the media controlling your emotions?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

No one can be manipulated without their consent and cooperation. Folks are "manipulated" by their own thoughts and attitudes. And it's "both" sides.

For example, hating the illegals for taking our jobs but not the critters handing out H1B visas like they're candy...

Or hating your neighbor for getting a few bucks to feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads but not the critters handing out corporate welfare like candy for private jets and caviar...

Or hating on the hard working neighbor up the street for getting a few extra bucks back via the Earned Income Credit but not the corporations getting MILLIONS of tax dollars in unearned tax "credits"...

Or hating on the loving gay couple for "destroying" marriage but not the heterosexual couple cheating on each other or beating each other...

The media may be our enemy, but not our biggest enemy. That would be ourselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

No I'm not mad at the media but what I am mad at is idiots who can't look beyond partisan politics and get their information from third party media sources.

The MSM actually gets information. But I take it all with a grain of salt, and most of the time it's true but sometimes its complete BS, and those bs articles are the ones people love to run with.
I'm also mad at the shills and propaganda pushers who rally up their like minded potato brained idiots who can't look beyond partisan politics or blame certain people for all their short comings in life.

That is "Our entertainment" Those of Us that KNOW that politics™ like it's kissing cousin 'religion™' is manufactured to make an enemy, even when there isn't one there. (See Abrahamic™ Faiths Islam™; Judaism™ and Chris†ianity™, all the SAME, so fighting their own Self..) Those stuck in the "2 Party Paradigm" are just that, STUCK..

Worship = War Ship.

I can remember when Drumpf boasted about giving millions to the Clintons™ and Democrats™, but heck that was just a few years ago.. I can remember when He ruined the USFL™.

This was AFTER taking the 5 medical deferments for Vietnam though, so....

You're FIRED!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Obama was a bigger dirtbag, but the media worshipped him and told us how great he was and he was even awarded a Nobel Prize for no reason. Trump is far from perfect, but he beat Hillary and lots of people believe she and her husband are the biggest dirtbags of all.

Obama and Hillary don't have to change the way they act because they have a propaganda screen that makes excuses for everything----while attacking Trump 24/7. Still, Trump has a higher approval rating than Obama at this time in his presidency.

For me, I am truly saddened by the loss of real journalists and rise of ugly propaganada...the media has divided the country along race, sex, immigration and politics....will we ever get back together as long as the Obama propagandist run the media? I'm not very hopeful, given the level of hate from the left...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I actually love it. The more and more people learn to deal with differing opinions, the better off society as a whole becomes. I suspect people are becoming more and more aware of the rhetorical attempts at manipulation and propaganda, that soon it will render itself useless.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I get it Trump isn't very likable I didn't vote for him but to say its all Trump IMO isn't correct. Hillary called half the country deplorable and the media calls Trump supporters Nazi scum. The division is on both sides the difference is the media is far left leaning and plays on peoples emotions. They've demonized people who support the president as people you can't even have a respectable debate with you just need to protest and yell.

I can't blame them they've been told Republicans and Trump supporters can never be apart of society and the only way is if their side wins so they can ignore them and push their policy. Compromise is dead

Trump could end all of it. By doing nothing more than the job a president is supposed to do. Namely by trying to represent ALL Americans and not just the ones who voted for him.

If Trump came out honestly trying to work on compromise between people and refrained from insulting those who disagree with him, a large part of the media and public vitriol would evaporate.

But he doesn’t want that. The constant attacks build him up and solidify him in the eyes of his supporters. And that isn’t something he’s going to throw away.

Any old actor can play that part. But that’s the problem: You just want an actor, not a leader.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Any old actor can play that part. But that’s the problem: You just want an actor, not a leader.

And you just want to assume what other people want to force an argument.

I don’t think expecting the president of the United States to be a president for all of those United States is some pie in the sky fantasy. It should be what is generally expected of the position.

Otherwise you have the climate we see today. If you enjoy the current division, then I can understand why you disagree with me.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don’t think expecting the president of the United States to be a president for all of those United States is some pie in the sky fantasy. It should be what is generally expected of the position.

Otherwise you have the climate we see today. If you enjoy the current division, then I can understand why you disagree with me.

He is the president for all those in the United States, whether they like it or not, or whether they say he is or not. The problem is, he doesn’t play into the public relations politics of the past, where political theatre was used to placate the masses.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Do you not think it's the words and actions of the man not the media reporting of his words and actions that turn people against him ?
How is it that people who are against Trump are manipulated by the media but Trump supporters aren't ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Do you not think it's the words and actions of the man not the media reporting of his words and actions that turn people against him ?
How is it that people who are against Trump are manipulated by the media but Trump supporters aren't ?

I never said Trump supporters were not being manipulated.

ETA ... As a matter of fact I said this..

They are manipulating us into hating each other

edit on 5-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They don’t report his words and actions, only little bits of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

He is the president for all those in the United States, whether they like it or not, or whether they say he is or not. The problem is, he doesn’t play into the public relations politics of the past, where political theatre was used to placate the masses.

You’re wrong on that. Trump plays public relations politics more than any president in current history. The thing is, he only plays it to his base. Which excludes everyone that disagrees with him.

Like it or not, the president isn’t and shouldn’t be someone who just sits at the top ruling by decree without taking in the wishes of the people. It’s supposed to be a position of compromise in the name of what’s best for the American people. ALL of us. Yes, liberals included.

But with Trump, not compromising is why a lot of people voted for him. And as long as he refuses to compromise with people he disagrees with, the country will be divided along ever increasing lines. And it will only get worse from here on out.

I’d be careful about celebrating the division he causes.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Have you seen the red-sea in the 2016 electoral map? That is why we have/need an electoral college. Otherwise, a handful of urban areas and coastal elitist strongholds would've chosen the President for the rest of us.

Popular vote does not (and never has) elected the President. Rightfully so.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Have you seen the red-sea in the 2016 electoral map? That is why we have/need an electoral college. Otherwise, a handful of urban areas and coastal elitist strongholds would've chosen the President for the rest of us.

Popular vote does not (and never has) elected the President. Rightfully so.

I agree with you. I wasn’t arguing against the electoral college, just pointing out that was who elected Trump.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I’d be careful about celebrating the division he causes.

Somehow I don't think we're the ones who should be concerned.

We aren't causing division, you are. By spreading lies about some bogus & unproven "collusion" nonsense. By spreading hatred and false information about our movement and our people. By continually disputing the legitimacy of our lawfully installed President. By falsely attributing the will of the people to some bogus Russian-bot tinfoil conspiracy theory. By attacking our demonstrators in public simply because you disagree with them. For harassing patriots on college campuses. For levying an array of false accusations (usually sex abuse allegations) at anyone you disagree with. By slandering us, with terms like "racist" or "nazi." By falsely equating law enforcement activities with discrimination (ie: deporting illegal aliens). By insulting our law enforcement officers and jumping on the anti-police bandwagon every time a criminal is shot dead by police.

And that's just for starters.

We aren't the problem in this country. The radical left is.

We're ALLOWED to have a conservative/libertarian agenda. We're ALLOWED to capture the majority power in this country, and use it to implement our agenda. We're ALLOWED to disagree with the left and be free from harassment and violence.

We're ALLOWED to love our country, our people, our heritage, our President and most importantly our Constitution.

And if they don't like it? TDB
edit on 7/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

He does compromise. He has endorsed proposals (debt ceiling, path to citizenship) by Schumer and Pelosi to the chagrin of Republicans. He leaves the legislating to Congress.

No, it isnt trump not compromising and dividing the country, it is those opposed to him that are.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

ETA ... As a matter of fact I said this..
They are manipulating us into hating each other

Then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join