It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Abduction Cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi all,

I was going to post this in the research forums but for some reason, I don't have permission to post in there, mods please move should you feel it is better suited there.

I'm trying to look up any instances of recorded alien abduction that predates 19th century specifically.

I've seen a few cases pre 20th century but there's nothing going back much further.

My thinking is that someone claiming to be taken aboard a craft or encountering otherworldly beings would be pretty big news. Now I know that 19th century they wouldn't have really understood what a plane was at least in the earlier parts of the century, but regardless, I'm sure they would have been able to articulate their experience in some other form that we'd recognise as a UFO encounter.

I'm aware obviously of the ancient astronaut theory and I'm also aware of the UFO sighting over Nuremberg:

en.wikipedia.org...

As well as countless other sightings but there's not much on actual abductions, if I'm to believe that aliens have been abducting humans over the past hundred years then I can't see how their technology/agenda has changed that much over a century, surely there would be abduction accounts spanning back the last few centuries at least?
edit on 3-7-2018 by R1CK3O because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O
Hi all,

I was going to post this in the research forums but for some reason, I don't have permission to post in there, mods please move should you feel it is better suited there.

I'm trying to look up any instances of recorded alien abduction that predates 19th century specifically.

I've seen a few cases pre 20th century but there's nothing going back much further.

My thinking is that someone claiming to be taken aboard a craft or encountering otherworldly beings would be pretty big news. Now I know that 19th century they wouldn't have really understood what a plane was at least in the earlier parts of the century, but regardless, I'm sure they would have been able to articulate their experience in some other form that we'd recognise as a UFO encounter.

I'm aware obviously of the ancient astronaut theory and I'm also aware of the UFO sighting over Nuremberg:

en.wikipedia.org...

As well as countless other sightings but there's not much on actual abductions, if I'm to believe that aliens have been abducting humans over the past hundred years then I can't see how their technology/agenda has changed that much over a century, surely there would be abduction accounts spanning back the last few centuries at least?

It's in the right forum. Certain forums have requirements to post there 1st.

Will be following..

edit on 3-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

When did the idea of martians and ET hit science fiction?

It got very popular in the 50s or the idea became more main steam.

Any incidents we interpret as alien coming here in their ships from the past are simply that, interpretations.

The images of ancient cave art what seems to depict spacemen are simply today's interpretations of ancient art.

There a bible passages where Elijah is taken by a flaming chariot many interpret this to be an ET ship taking him.

Its a good question and quite a undertaking to try and gather anything that could point alien abduction more than a 100 years ago or more.

Because the evidence we deal with is usually circumstantial evidence based on interpretations of either images or expression and not hard evidence.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The story of Rip Van Winkle may be a very old abduction case. Little people, lost time, etc.... It seems to fit the "profile" of what are commonly called abduction cases.

BTW, long time reader, first time posting...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: batmanuel
The story of Rip Van Winkle may be a very old abduction case. Little people, lost time, etc.... It seems to fit the "profile" of what are commonly called abduction cases.

BTW, long time reader, first time posting...

Welcome

The story of Rip Van Winkle I think comes from German folklore if we can trust Google.

As soon as I saw the name I thought of Vanilla Ice, The 90s white Rapper with the hit Ice Ice Baby.

His real name was Robert Van Winkle I believe but the real reasons It popped into my head is because of a In Living Color comedy sketch done by Jim Carrey in his very early days of comedy where he impersonates Vanilla Ice.

Sorry my nonsense off topic ramble,

Just wanted to say welcome.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you try hard enough you'll find plenty of myths you can "reinterpret" as alien abductions. That is how the whole ancient aliens nonsense works after all.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Check the bible. Supposedly, some of those stories are accounts of abductions, if you follow Ancient hairguy- oops- Aliens.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Check the bible. Supposedly, some of those stories are accounts of abductions, if you follow Ancient hairguy- oops- Aliens.

The issue is how reliable is the Bible as a source of information.

I was already aware of the story in Ezekial my issue is there seems to be no stories or experiences in the last say 300 years.

Either things are ANCIENT tales that require a certain level or interpretation or very modern.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Not so much about abductions,
but there are some great reported sightings going back to the second millenium BC
Here:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Romans saw firey "sheilds" flying about,and some ancient Koreans saw a flying shiny bowl shaped object.
Some of these sightings were witnessed by many people.
Hundreds,sometimes thousands of years ago.

I doubt they were weather balloons

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The hybrids of today were the changelings of yesteryear as were ufos the wilowisps etc.Search for fairy abductions and whatnot op.

ill be keeping an eye on this thread

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ancient monster stories might give some leads too.

You will have false positives if you go into folk lore monsters as some are invented to just be stories.

I'd pay attention to the monster stories where the cultures have literal fear, and believe the monster to be real 100% and not just a tale for children.

There is a difference, between cultures that tell stories of a monster and cultures that say "Don't go to those f***ing mountains or you're going to get attacked by a *****."

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O

The issue is how reliable is the Bible as a source of information.

I was already aware of the story in Ezekial my issue is there seems to be no stories or experiences in the last say 300 years.

Either things are ANCIENT tales that require a certain level or interpretation or very modern.

YEP

exactly what I was saying.

Even recorded history is debated amongst ATSers so stories from the past or any art works that could be claimed to be evidence of ET or ET abduction comes down to speculation using today's knowledge most of the time and not using what is regarded by experts how humans expressed themselves in the past.

Even the historical and psychological experts conclusions about how ancient humans or older societies expressed them selves is based on interpretations of evidence we have from the past which is why ATSers debate how the Pyramids were built or the whys and hows of other ancient mysteries.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Ancient monster stories might give some leads too.

You will have false positives if you go into folk lore monsters as some are invented to just be stories.

I'd pay attention to the monster stories where the cultures have literal fear, and believe the monster to be real 100% and not just a tale for children.

There is a difference, between cultures that tell stories of a monster and cultures that say "Don't go to those f***ing mountains or you're going to get attacked by a *****."

This is or could be interpreted as the same thing using today's beliefs humans hold.

In the past it was monsters where as today we are more leaning towards aliens than monsters.

What I mean is the idea of beings from else where wasn't as wide spread as it is today,

In the past it was monsters and demons and other spiritual beings being blamed for unexplained things that involved human psychology and or the disappearance of people.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Strangers in white or dazzling garments at the tomb of Jesus.

Although they were more likely time travelers than aliens, although once you start traveling in time, what's the difference?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The bible has stories as has been stated that easily fit into the typical abduction scenario.. the best example is Enoch. Also Daniel... there are more you just have to look.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Time traveling weather balloons.

Or organic machines hidden on earth by super aliens back when humans were still tree monkies instead of office monkies.

new topics

top topics

join