It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White People Will Be Outnumbered By Hispanics In Texas Within 5 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What color is going to history after the dreaded (sarcasm) WHITE

Better figure that out or you could be next !

I was just imagining a blind person hearing this and just wondered how they thought about putting color as a measuring stick.
edit on 732018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Lol you clearly don't know the Hispanics in texas....... I don't know a single one that's democrat or left leaning....

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
With that said, this is a strong indication that there are major demographic shifts happening in red states and these shifts are happening fast.

Texas will remain red. "Hispanic" doesn't mean "naive" and most Hispanics from Texas I've ever known have been very strong into the whole "Republic of Texas, touch my guns and you will die, enough with the damn taxes" scene.

The Mexican national friends I have are rugged individualist. They LOVE shooting, they hike and practice survival, very orthodox Christian upbringing and generally want their freedom.

Oh and they like to drink on the weekends after working their asses off all week.

To me they are exactly like the Polish and Irish immigrants of the 1890's and other eastern Europeans.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"White People Will Be Outnumbered By Hispanics In Texas Within 5 Years"

/sarc

*shrugs*

Okay.

Who cares again?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

White English speaking people overtook Native America Indians to become the largest population group in North America.

So no problem then with Hispanics in Texas.

Open borders was a hell of a thing for the Native Americans huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So there'll be more kickass Mexican restaurants. Sounds like a win to me.

link   
yeah when the government pays for all your costs of living your free to have as many kids as you want... unfortunately those of us that work our butts off have to plan financially for having kids.

link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: alldaylong

White English speaking people overtook Native America Indians to become the largest population group in North America.

So no problem then with Hispanics in Texas.

Open borders was a hell of a thing for the Native Americans huh?

That's a perspective that indicates somewhat of a bias against white people. It happened in a world we are unable to process because it's so drastically different than our own.

Using that as a crutch to hate white people is equally as ignorant as someone hating black people for simply having a different skin tone.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't know many Texans who find this surprising, or really care. For the most part, excepting a few outliers with old thinking, there's not any difference in the 2. We've intermarried for several generations, adopted each others customs into an amalgamation that is a culture unto itself, and found peace and harmony under a national identity of our own: The Great Republic of Texas.

Im gonna kiss my Mexican when she gets home from work tonight, and make her a bite to eat.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who cares again?

OP, you can tell by what forum it's put in. Social issues and civil unrest?

I'm from Texas, seeing someone hispanic there is like seeing an Italian in New York or Jersey.... Not a big deal.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why would this be a social issue?

(rhetorical)

Sometimes I just have to laugh and shake my head.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

For the most part, no one in Texas cares what your nationality is so long as you aren't causing any trouble. We have, again, a blend of Texas culture and various regional cultures throughout Mexico here. And the overlap is significant. So its not infrequent I find myself among people who don't speak English.

I mean, we all have those folks who call the cops on everyone...but its not something the majority of folks really care about. Its hot. We got air conditioning to find. Then a beer. Thats the only thing that matters.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Who cares again?

Everyone should.

Since that was the goal of open borders to begin with.

Population displacement for political gain.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sometimes I just have to laugh and shake my head.

I can't tell if it gets funnier or just getting old the "party of tolerance" has to make everything about race.

The topic has always been one in this country, but those with long term memory know its only been exacerbated by a specific party recently.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When they have no real platform to run on.

Spread hatred and intolerance with more hatred and intolerance.

Everyone loves to hate.'

Which is why is was effective until the current guy ran and won.

Use to be their greatest weapon of mass destruction, now ?

Not so much.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think that's the general sentiment nationwide minus pockets of old racism here and there on all sides.

America is pretty damn diverse I've lived in several states north, south, east, west generally speaking there's really not as much racism as the MSM narrative is trying to push.

We all know there's ignorant people everywhere there's nothing new to that.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well Texas was basically stolen from Mexico in the first place so .......

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

America is pretty damn diverse I've lived in several states north, south, east, west generally speaking there's really not as much racism as the MSM narrative is trying to push.

Yea, I have rarely seen it with most of my life living in the south.

Here's a good checklist on what makes someone an American.

1. Do you pay taxes (probably too much)?
2. Do you eat food?
3. Do you like freedom?

If you answered yes to the first two, congratulations, you're an American.

I've noticed not everyone answers yes to the third, but yes they're still American.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't understand why we have to focus so heavily on race all the time? Anybody have any answers for that?

It's really "culture" more than race. Different cultures and traditions. That's how people should really be seeing it because those things are what is driving it all, not race.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrVancityeagle

Nope. Santa Ana was a moron and we kicked his ass and took our nation over by force. While I sometimes wish we'd have listened to Houston in his rants against annexation, I can't deny our relationship with the USA has benefited us significantly.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join