It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White People Will Be Outnumbered By Hispanics In Texas Within 5 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You mean Tejas?

Hispanics will overtake non-Hispanic whites to become the largest population group within five years, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Texas added 234,000 Hispanic residents in 2017, more than any other state in the country, to take the Hispanic population total to 11.2 million.

Those numbers represented a flattening out of recent increases, however, leading experts to push back their estimate for when Hispanic will become the largest group in the Lone Star State.

“We had projected that the Latino population would exceed the white population by 2020 and that’s probably not going to happen,” demographer Lloyd Potter told the Dallas Morning News, adding that the shift was now expected to happen in 2022.

The overall shift is as a result of migration as well as a generally higher fertility rates.

Source

I jest of course.... The majority of hispanics speak English first and foremost and it's spoken fluently. Not to mention, the term 'hispanic' is used fairly loosely these days where even the Census Bureau can't seem to properly define who would be included in this group. The term Hispanic is more a cultural or ancestral identification.... you can be fairly pale and white and still identify as hispanic. With that said, this is a strong indication that there are major demographic shifts happening in red states and these shifts are happening fast. Interesting times.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I was just in Albuquerque last week and stopped at walmart.
There was a security guard at the door.
A cop outside.
The makeup department looked like a cage.
And there was not a single self checkout line.

Bye bye texas

New Mexico is coming
edit on 3-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

somewhere a white supremacist weeps...

somewhere, everyone else is heard laughing.

(post by toysforadults removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

White English speaking people overtook Native America Indians to become the largest population group in North America.

So no problem then with Hispanics in Texas.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
With that said, this is a strong indication that there are major demographic shifts happening in red states and these shifts are happening fast.

Texas will remain red. "Hispanic" doesn't mean "naive" and most Hispanics from Texas I've ever known have been very strong into the whole "Republic of Texas, touch my guns and you will die, enough with the damn taxes" scene.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Majority of Hispanics I have known that lived outside the big city were quite conservative.

Also... this is like saying water is wet, average white people family is 2-3, the good catholic Hispanics typically double that or come close to doubling it so it was literally a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't understand why we have to focus so heavily on race all the time? Anybody have any answers for that?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

John Titor — Texas is still there but Spanish is a lot more popular.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Because race is the elephant in the room people are afraid to discuss because of being labeled racist.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I don't understand why we have to focus so heavily on race all the time? Anybody have any answers for that?

The "Media".

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I don't know.. .I am not a native Texan, but I have spent some serious time there and outside the big cities if someone acted Texan they were Texan skin color didn't really matter to the vast majority of people.

But the last 20 years we seem to have started to focus on skin color as a defining factor rather than are they Texan, or American, etc.

If you adopted the culture most folks in the states wont care where you were born.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If all the ones in the surrounding states went to Texas today....then that figure would be reached by night fall.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So what.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

because that is the FAscist playbook.

Fascists do not have the interest of the common people, they will never get common support with their economic policies which only benefit the corporations. So they must appeal to people racially.

Its the only way the elites can gain the support of the plebs, by appealing to their racial fears and supposed racial interests.

We as human beings should really have evolved beyond this primitive thinking by now, but they know it works so they keep doing it.

SOUTHERN STRATEGY. Look it up.
edit on 3-7-2018 by MrVancityeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

if the growing population doesn't have American values I can see that being a problem.

We should be talking about that though and not weather or not someone is Hispanic or Irish what's the difference?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

exactly.

And you need not look any further for proof than the fact that if the person of an article is white they will say a man or women did such and such.

If that person is from another race they always say what race they are.

So on article that should say , a man was involved in a hit and run today, will end up saying a BLACK man was involved in a hit and run today.

Why do we need to know what color they were? No reason except to create division.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

if the growing population doesn't have American values I can see that being a problem.

We should be talking about that though and not weather or not someone is Hispanic or Irish what's the difference?

what the heck are "american values" ?

I hear this all the time. It literally means nothing to be honest.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Bluntone22

somewhere a white supremacist weeps...

somewhere, everyone else is heard laughing.

Must be talking about that WHITE hispanic called George Zimmerman.

If I had a country.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join