It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so why hate on Harley? cost too much? they're garbage?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Is it so unbelievable that us anerican lugs could build something at German quality levels? I’m personally surprised you haven’t imported yourself a nice little Chinese ride...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Lurker1

Why Hate On Harley?

1. Grossly overpriced. HD knows people are stupid enough to pay the prices they ask.

2. Low quality. There's a reason for The Big Joke ~ "I can't afford the toolkit."

3. Unnecessarily loud, which, for the Neanderthals in the population, is cool.

Anyone riding one of these POS should be cited for noise pollution. Don't give me the bulls**t that the racket saves lives. THERE IS NO DATA TO SUPPORT THIS FALLACY.

With respect to quality, HD is at or near the bottom of the list.

The attraction to these things is that the low-IQ set consider them a status symbol.

The sooner they go out of business, the better.

Harley’s have gotten much more reliable and the build quality has never been anywhere near that low. It’s clear that you’re too intellegent to group everyone who owns a Harley all in together and act like they’re all wastes of oxygen. If you’re so offended by their noise perhaps you should work on getting regulations passed to limit the legal DBs of any vehicle as to not harm your delicate ears.

The laws are in place. They've been so for decades. Unfortunately, they're no longer enforced because the police have been forced to focus on other areas.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Lurker1

Why Hate On Harley?

1. Grossly overpriced. HD knows people are stupid enough to pay the prices they ask.

2. Low quality. There's a reason for The Big Joke ~ "I can't afford the toolkit."

3. Unnecessarily loud, which, for the Neanderthals in the population, is cool.

Anyone riding one of these POS should be cited for noise pollution. Don't give me the bulls**t that the racket saves lives. THERE IS NO DATA TO SUPPORT THIS FALLACY.

With respect to quality, HD is at or near the bottom of the list.

The attraction to these things is that the low-IQ set consider them a status symbol.

The sooner they go out of business, the better.

youre just vomiting out what people already say

what are any of these opinions based on?
grossly overpriced? in my OP i posted links to others as well. i dont see the grossly overpriced # people keep talking about.
low quality.. again. based on what? what experiences have you had?

to be fair i think like with anything else people form their opinions based on nothing at all or verbal vomit they have heard rehashed over the years.

i know for a fact a lot of people that dog harley has never owned one and you might be surprised at how many of those people dont ride at all. they have that opinion though.

i also think a lot of their opinions are based on little # they pick up on in movies. the biker image.
the rat bike culture that has always been popular.

backyard dudes always wrenching on their baby.

guy buy a new or well taken care of harley and keep taking care of it and it will take care of you

My ex raced motorcycles here and in Japan. He's owned and built many bikes over the years. I've owned a few myself.

I had to sell my last bike due to bad knees. I've been riding since the 80's.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ummm...it's simple really...My bike is 1200 CC's...redlines at 12,000 RPM...will do over 200 mph...

Any other questions...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Real answer is everyone loved these bikes until two days ago.

Company has been around for 115 years, and have become an American icon. Everyone loved them until now.

Ummm...nope...I've always been a rice rocket fan...never cared for Harley's...

Me likey Dukati's as well...I've owned Yamaha's...I currently have Honda's and Kawasaki's...My first bike was a Bridgestone...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I like my Apple phon... err I mean Harley Davidson though!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

My comment was more about those few that choose a high attention item and don't want said attention. Regarding the, I believe, few Harley riders that actually just enjoy the ride.

Anyway, z4 is a nice car, certainly something I'd take notice of, whether that was the drivers intent or not. I have a car that draws a lot of attention, I bought it because i enjoy it. Having a dozen people stop me a day and comment on it is not what i wanted. I try to tell myself that i should be happy other people enjoy it, but I'm a dick and would rather be left alone...😁

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
I like my Apple phon... err I mean Harley Davidson though!!!!

I didn't want to say it. But a lot of parralells there.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I suspect that your comment about Harley riders is accurate. The lone riders will usually head to the front of the intersection to gun it.

Then there's those who travel in packs of 10-15 - we nick name them the "country grower/dealer runners"

Then the road kings? or king classics? that are content to sit back in the lane like car drivers and mind their own business

in the car world you could maybe say the mustang is the 4 wheeled harley.

Funny thing is with the new mustangs they seem to be "low key" at the lights. Maybe with our demerit point system and fines now we're too careful of cops or some snitch with a dash cam

edit on 27-6-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23531805]MisterSpock[/post/You must not know many Harley riders,there is nothing more relaxing than going on a nice long ride on the backroads of America.Almost all of the other owners I know feel this way.That said,we are usually older and have tired of screaming into corners and dragging our knees through them.Younger Harley riders,well, some watched too much Sons Of Anarchy and some are bad people for real.But most just love cruising around enjoying the rumble and ease of riding.Point is,don`t judge all Harley folks by the stereotypes-most are decent folks who happen to like the old style bikes.And if you haven`t noticed a lot of people riding Harleys these days are women,Hooray for them for taking the handlebars!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join