It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters expulsion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Should I keep going?

edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds to me like she is simply representing the concerns and wishes of her constituents.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Look what mad Maxine has started. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his wife were confronted by a violet crowd today.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Democrats haven't been this mad at Republicans since President Lincoln freed the slaves.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Look what mad Maxine has started. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his wife were confronted by a violet crowd today.

mobile.twitter.com...

LOOK ABOVEBOARD more republicans harassing Dems!!

OH sorry its the opposite!!!! LOL

Now go back to your alternate reality where both sides are evenly pushing violence and harassing each other.
edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Yes. My alternate reality.

🙄

😂🤣

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

1. My “buddies” aren’t violent. I have very nice friends, thank you.

2. You want to show some click-bait outrage videos and pretend that they represent 65,000,000 people? Knock yourself out.

3. Hate is being spewed 24/7 from right wing media and has been since Obama stepped into office. Actually, it started with Mr. Facts Don’t Matter Gingrich back in the Clinton (Bill) Presidency. Facts stopped mattering in politics a lonnnng time ago, and the right has a huge responsibility for turning on the non-stop rage machine.

4. I hope this changes, but I don’t see an end in sight.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

The Press are not angels and as such are not a pure, unbiased font of Truth. Our money-for-clicks journalism environment has an equal share of blame. It is fiscally advantageous for people to generate emotionally driven twists on events that allow for the outraged sharing of biased and even “fake” news. It made it easy for us to be divided along cultural and political fault-lines that have been increasing in friction for decades.

The press has its flaws for certain.

But I wouldn’t want State Run Media instead, so there’s that. It’s messy, and if our Congress (who removed the Fairness Doctrine) would put that kind of rule for back in place, we might see more focus on accuracy than clicks.

One more thing though. I think people are very good at finding “news” sources that agree with their point of view and so we have a culture of “customized reality” where social media filters and online algorithms provide us with a steady diet of mirrors - they only show us what we want to see and hear.

I come here to ATS to see what the right wing thinks. It is quite despair-inducing, and I expect to get kicked around now in general, so I don’t post too often anymore. I have become quite snarky I’m afraid, and that isn’t helping either. It just seems like nothing matters anymore - Trump really could randomly shoot someone on 5th Ave and his supporters would defend him endlessly, and call anyone who didn’t all kinds of names.

I am tired of being attacked here so I’ve started treating it with an eye roll and a sigh. It’s hard to take the moral high ground when King of the Mountain is the game.

So there you have it. My two cents. I wish you peace and happiness.

edit on 26-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

3. Hate is being spewed 24/7 from right wing media...

What? All 5% of the media?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Oh and just some icing for your truth cake served with an extra dash of "Get Real"? MS 13 is a Salvador gang with origins there. If you want reasonable discussion, please start with knowing the facts first, and owning up to the hateful rhetoric the left was screaming at everyone around them long before November 9th 2016.

MS-13 started in Los Angeles. It is now International.

Wiki: MS-13
edit on 26-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/26/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Edited to correct wrong reply to link

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My phone won’t allow me to upload the image but here is a chart which will show you the basics of how 5% isn’t true...
Media Bias Chart

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

My phone won’t allow me to upload the image but here is a chart which will show you the basics of how 5% isn’t true...
Media Bias Chart

Wow your chart proved me wrong...I stand corrected... I see CNN is neutral on the chart and Harvard said their Trump news was 95% negative...is that Neutral?

There is a great read about a study by George Mason University that looked at Factcheck.org and the bias that goes into their so called fact checking, the question in all this is who is checking the fact checkers. In you post it is the same as this is from one person's opinion and is not checked, so you can adopt their opinions or not, but it is not fact.

edit on 26-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ms-13 started in Los Angeles. It is now International.

MS-13 was set up in Los Angeles in the 1980s by Salvadoran immigrants.

Maybe they entered, too, as "unaccompanied minors", or is that just their new recruits arriving.
edit on 26-6-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Peace and happiness to you also. Take a look around AB. You say you come to ATS to hear what conservatives think. Good for you. I know there are plenty of liberals here, too. And a lot of middle of the road people. ATS isn't the conservative echo chamber that some try to portray it as. Think of everyone here that you consider conservative. I know for a fact that some of them didn't vote Trump. Somehow, conservatives have gotten lumped into this big homogeneous group. The same has happened for liberals. I have seen people get lumped into one group or another based on one issue. I've seen people make the statement, "oh geez, don't make me defend Trump!" Why do that make that statement? Because they don't like him but they have enough backbone to call out some of the stupidity and lies that keeps getting posted here. That doesn't mean they are excusing some of his bad behavior.

None of us are innocent when it comes to snarky replies here. I know I'm not. Don't beat yourself up over it.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Media Bias Chart

Wow your chart proved me wrong...I stand corrected... I see CNN is neutral on the chart and Harvard said their Trump news was 95% negative...is that Neutral?

CNN isn’t neutral, but is edging on left of center. Also note that on the other axis it straddles the “yellow and Orange” boxes, which means some of its reporting is fair and some of it is unfair.

But please feel free to see what you want to see.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Oh and just some icing for your truth cake served with an extra dash of "Get Real"? MS 13 is a Salvador gang with origins there. If you want reasonable discussion, please start with knowing the facts first, and owning up to the hateful rhetoric the left was screaming at everyone around them long before November 9th 2016.

MS-13 started in Los Angeles. It is now International.

I'm not sure why this is aimed at me. That quote is not mine. I haven't said a word about MS13.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But please feel free to see what you want to see.

I'm not seeing anything here... Just suggesting Harvard study did a check on CNN and they cam up 95%+ negative administration news. Anything political in nature on CNN is very right bias...all their political commentators are very right bias. I guess when you mix this extreme bias with normal news it waters the whole CNN down as the OP of the chart suggests.
edit on 26-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Can you describe what you mean when you say "left bias"? Just quickly.

Thanks if you have time.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Can you describe what you mean when you say "left bias"? Just quickly.

Thanks if you have time.

Thanks fixed it...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Are your comments about CNN based on the Shorenstein Center's findings on Trump's First 100 Days?

What you're quoting is not what it says ... loosely speaking it found that all media coverage was negative about 80% of the time at the begining of his term.

Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity. Of news reports with a clear tone, negative reports outpaced positive ones by 80 percent to 20 percent. Trump’s coverage was unsparing.

So, your point could still be made to some extent from that report ... but it is over a year old.

Interestingly, this was another statement from their summary ... and I find it telling:

Although journalists are accused of having a liberal bias, their real bias is a preference for the negative.[22] News reporting turned sour during the Vietnam and Watergate era and has stayed that way.[23] Journalists’ incentives, everything from getting their stories on the air to acquiring a reputation as a hard-hitting reporter, encourage journalists to focus on what’s wrong with politicians rather than what’s right.[24]

Shorenstein Center- Harvard Kennedy School

Which squares with my working thesis: all media is extremist media designed to keep us all in a state of constant agitation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join