It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosting and Respect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: WarriorMH

It was funny though and you held your corner well

I'm just disappointed the thread got closed because it was daily entertainment for me for a couple of weeks.

I did get a lot of learning out of that, i never except one time found people like that lol, but never like this, it was fun and i did learn a lot about how freaks work around lmfao

I did notice you were having lots of fun triggering the guy, i did too to be honest

He wanted to go all Cheeki Breeki but all he did was to look like a sorry weak wanker
edit on 24-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Lol you using British insults

On-topic though, this 'ghosting' thing seems really childish to me, why not just say nicely to someone it's not working out so just be friends instead.
I hide from facebook sometimes, haven't been on for a week, so in a sense I'm ghosting social media, but anyone can text or phone me and I'm available. That includes every ex girlfriend who might just want a friendly chat, sometimes I can do over an hour on the phone if one of them drunk calls me, I love that, it's being friends.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol you using British insults

On-topic though, this 'ghosting' thing seems really childish to me, why not just say nicely to someone it's not working out so just be friends instead.
I hide from facebook sometimes, haven't been on for a week, so in a sense I'm ghosting social media, but anyone can text or phone me and I'm available. That includes every ex girlfriend who might just want a friendly chat, sometimes I can do over an hour on the phone if one of them drunk calls me, I love that, it's being friends.

Lol well it happened, now that i know about them i find it so funny and cool i just need to learn more of them but "wanker" is so fun haha and i have to thank and i already did thank a guy here on ATS but i will reserve who he is he already knows

Facebook is for grand parents lmao

I have friends that also call and spend an hour drunk on the phone lmao, they are just like that, can't say i'm different because i would be lying, i have done similar things so there

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Lol I know, my son is on snapchat, instagram and whatever, but I'm old though so facebook is my gig.
I think TestingTesting introduced you to 'wanker' didn't he? He's a cool bloke, I'd love a pint with him one day, not sure where he lives in Britain though, but he is a good laugh, and quite diplomatic, more so than me.

Drunk calling is great...mate of mine rang me the other night, past midnight, we spoke for over an hour but neither me or her remembered the conversation the next day, we were both mullered lol.

EDIT
'Mullered' is another British word, means absolutely twatted drunk...twatted means the same as mullered, but it also has other meanings like 'I twatted him for calling my mother a bitch' or whatever, means you punched him out lol.
edit on 24-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: American-philosopher
What if you let the person know ahead of time to expect you to ghost later on?? Like you are just having casual good loving on the side, but then explain that one day you will just disappear?? That way when it happens, they will know that the time has come.

Does that make sense?? The only time I used to ghost was when I told them in the beginning that I would do it.

That is an honest approach... but I would be certain that the other repeats back to you. Selective hearing and all that rot...
edit on 24-6-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Lol selective hearing, I've said more than a few times in my life "I told you I didn't want a relationship, I never lied to you, not my fault you fell in love thinking you could change me".
People are people though, with our human failings.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I agree ghosting is rude but your exmaple that you described is basically what dating is. you try some thing out and then you decide its not the right fit.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I agree ghosting is rude but your exmaple that you described is basically what dating is. you try some thing out and then you decide its not the right fit.

Yeah but you need to say so, not just disappear without at least giving the basic respect to the other person, because whoever it was considered you someone interesting and appreciated you so at least you can say good bye, just for all the effort that person put to be with you

I don't know but i think it will be very weird to later find yourself at the bar or some other place and then what are you going to pretend you don't know each other after you were on good terms? Or are you just going to act all normal and say "hey hi" and pretend you didn't ignore 10 calls and messages and left without an explanation as if you were disgusted or offended somehow? I just don't understand, i can just say "sorry is not working, bye" and that's it, no other explanation needed and we all move forward and don't leave things undefined, because "doubt kills"

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You can only get away with ghosting in my world if you remove yourself from the life tribe.
It just isn't a thing here, people move on and get over it...because you have to lol

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I dont get that? Why not just tell the person flat out "I am done I dont want to hang out with you anymore" Even though you say you will spontaneously drop off the face of the planet.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't get it either but I'm friends with all my ex's so I'm a bit weird apparently.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I've never heard the term 'Ghosting' before either, I honestly thought it had something to do with illegal cars hah.

I also agree that it's disrespectful and lame to lead someone on, along with childish. People are messed up.

edit on 25-6-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

As I said previously, my only exposure to this is usually between cheating lovers. In that environment nobody cares because one or both are just going to go on with their lives without a darn given. It was never meant to be permanent and both parties are completely aware where it ends, just not when. What I am saying is that neither person takes the relationship seriously and have just agreed to be intimate friends out of convenience. Nothing good comes from trying to turn an act of deceit into a permanent relationship. Therefore, the ghosting when time runs out, or maybe life just got too busy or dangerous.

Some people could be doing it out of concern of the safety of the ghost victim. There are people out there leading lives they keep secret such as professional thieves, spies, hitmen, gang/mafia members and so far on. Maybe it is best not to know the circumstances of why they left. I mean, it's possible some of them have died as And never gave you the real name to begin with.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join