It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fear of aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hello croat

i can relate to what you are talking about. i too seem to have a fear of aliens.

I am fascinated by them, and the subject, but yet some images/thoughts frighten me. i cant explain it.

there are certain images that set it off, and others that just dont.

like one user in this thread has an alien in an avatar. that doesnt bother me one bit, maybe because its more cartoonish.

sometimes when i watch films like on tlc or whatnot, ill get a chill, a feeling like im uncomfortable.

ive never had any personal "alien" contact or whatnot, just a fear.

it would be interesting to know why.

from my memory, an example would be the alien autopsy footage. i believe those images give me some chills, not bad, but just uncomfortable feelings.

i find that once i get started with the subject, it carries over into my sleep.

there is nothing worse than an alien abduction dream after getting creeped out before...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sometimes I just imagine an Alien (a reptilian or a grey) standing in my doorstep in my room and I think that if it happen, I'll be terrified and paralyse... so I hope that won't happen.

I don't know but if is taller than me I'll be terrified but if he's smaller, I won't be that much terrified... and if i'm with someone else I'll be less paralyse...

Don't know where this come from... so make an experience: When you're alone in you're house and you're hearing some strange noise, imagine a tall reptilian in front of you and try to think what would you do...

I'm half-way in the David Icke book, The Biggest Secret and even if 1% of it is truth, its
!!! Anyone red it? Thought about it?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why is there fear involved with them?

Because they are inherently a fearful thing. Outward appearance aside, it's apparent that many people who claim to have been in presence with such enitities have lost their ability to resist anything being done, or shown to them.

I wouldnt put any stock in any website that lists "possible symptoms", as alot of these people have little to no psychological experience in defining any other plausible answers.

One thing I took note of when working with a psychologist/investigator regarding the subject of abductions was a suggestion of a chronological listing on paper of "odd or high strangeness occurances throughout life".

Get a diary book and list every wierd, genuinely strange thing thats ever happened to you in your life, that you *know* is truthful. However long it takes, when youre done read them.

There are also some attributes held back from mass public by researchers into abduction cases. There are a set of "commonalities" that come up alot, that no one has yet talked about on TV or anywhere...it's a good way for researchers to really get a handle on an enigmatic experience, and separate those who may not be truthful, or suffer from any number of psychological issues. They are not 100% concrete proof of anything...but an investigators ears will perk when he hears such hidden consistencies from non-mass media contaminated cases.

I have my own set of questions that I use to get an idea, as I have found some percentage significant numbers in commonalities in experiencers. (which I have used in talking to people who submit "alien being" pictures to me, or are claiming an experience in conjunction with a recorded sighting(s).
Again, they arent an answer to whats happening or not, but they do push a certain way, that no one has yet to put their finger on.

EDIT: spelling corrections

[edit on 13-4-2005 by jritzmann]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You don't fear ten foot long giant lizards with incredibly powerful bites and infectious poisonous saliva 'much'?

And that why we are afraid of them, because they are depicted as a bad guy in movies, books, ect. We all think that Aliens act like they do on movies. The best example is the movie "Signs" they talk about how the aliens are all hostile and stuff and they have posionous gas and such. We fear what we don't understand, and what we don't understand is what generates our fear. Some of you might say, na uh, but if some alien came rushing into your room right now you would scream and immediatley grab something to kill it with. All that is because we don't understand Aliens, we don't know thier motives. Half of us don't even know where in the hell they came from.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is why the disclosure must be done at TV and not in front of you.

And that they talk one language that people understand like English, French, Spanish or any other human language.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm assuming you guys have never heard of the Indoctrination Process Program created a long while ago as a result of the Brookings Institution study on contact with advanced extra-terrestials?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow I thought this thread was dead 2 months ago.

Anywho to the person who said they had thoughts of them coming in the door, I have had that too a couple times
wow. I guess more of us have been abducted then we think eh?

Right now Im kinda more scared of ghosts since I keep seeing these strange lights and all the signs of abductions have stopped

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm really paranoid of UFO pictures and videos, also paranormal things i'm afraid of. When I see a picture, i'll sit here in my chair all night and just type to people and try to forget about it while looking over my shoulder all night
. I love to study these things and I am indeed fascinated, but I've always been afraid of such things.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Ken_Allen]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
After 'story time' one night, when I was a little kid, I asked my mom if I should be afraid of aliens. To this day I still remember what she said:

"They're probably just as afraid of you as you are of them."

Keep that in mind. Also... remember the line from the Bible... "be not afraid."

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
pope john paul II was famous for that line too.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

After 'story time' one night, when I was a little kid, I asked my mom if I should be afraid of aliens. To this day I still remember what she said:

"They're probably just as afraid of you as you are of them."

Keep that in mind. Also... remember the line from the Bible... "be not afraid."

What your mother said strikes me as interesting.

Allow me to summarize rather quickly a few encounters I had last summer. I was staying with my father in Houston, Texas and several times during the night I would wake up with something standing over me... That something being a grey. Frightening as all anything, I tell you. The odd thing is that twice it seemed as thought I had caught the little guy off guard, like I woke up too suddenly and he didn't expect it. I think I scared him!

What led me to believe this is that both times that this occured, it ran to the opposite end of whatever room I was sleeping in at the time, "screaming", then disappeared (faded out, so to speak).

When I say screaming, I don't mean it sounded like a human scream. It sounded like a frightened animal. It's voice sounds somewhat like a low-pitch creaking door, oddly enough, but definite like a scared animal. Even more odd, it sounded something like ET from the movie! How nuts is that?

These are truths, I swear it.

I am afraid of aliens, but I also believe they might have reason to be afraid of me (us). This gives me comfort.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP CloudlessKnight. As far as I know ive never seen one but dam

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I had the fear i'd see one in my door step as well, I never seen a grey as far as I can remember but I definitly fear them.

But my current conditioning made me more resilliant to this fear and I am more prepared now if it might ever happen.

Cloudless, tell me, what did the grey look like?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I had the fear i'd see one in my door step as well, I never seen a grey as far as I can remember but I definitly fear them.

But my current conditioning made me more resilliant to this fear and I am more prepared now if it might ever happen.

Cloudless, tell me, what did the grey look like?

Well, it was over a period of about a month that I saw them. Can't be sure it was the same one over and over though.

It was very classic. 3-4 feet tall, black, wrap around eyes, big head, long arms, really thin. Nothing no one hasn't already reported.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've found the video's/pictures scary sometimes--but mostly when its past midnight and I've been recently watching too much X-files. However, I can say with certainty I'd rather encounter an alien than a ghost. I always figured anyone that's from an advanced civilzation can be reasoned with...but a ghost is human!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I had my share of spectral phenomena, it's scary, but an ET is not Ethereal, it can take you and experiment on you

Cloudless: Did your alien look like the Alien Interview alien?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I get a jumpy-panicky feeling when i see a grey. Ever since i can remmber i have felt that why. I remember watching Intruders when i was a kid and it scared the hell out of me. I remember seeing the scene with the greys and it scared me as a child and i have never really gotten over it. I dont think i have ever been abducted, i remember having a dream so vivid, We were all standing in a circular clearing in the woods and my parents and some other people were there. I remember seeing a disc floating above us, and my mother fiddling with a remote thing. I was aking what was going on and everyone seemed unresponsive. Then
with a bang so loud i literally woke up, the disc exploded.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I had my share of spectral phenomena, it's scary, but an ET is not Ethereal

I'd have to seriously disagree with them not exhibiting "ethereal" properties, thats been widely reported. But, it appears they can exist in physical reality and non physical reality.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
im like it as well..i love learning about them ive saw meny things on tv but when ever i see anything to do with aliens i go all cold and i stay in the same place and dont move..and i always look around myself and the slightest noises scare me..

something else as well..this has made me scared again

when i was 13 i can remember waking up and seeing this greenish gray thing in front of me it was just like a shadow and when i blinked it just dissapeared..and i found two small ..well wide cuts they where like _____________ ..... on my upper right arm..

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Kittie]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
IM very interested in aliens and such, but, they scare the sht out of me, but im only scared at night, and when im in bed and ive been reading about aliens, wen i go to bed i freeze, i start thinking that because i was thinking about them, or because i was talken bout them on the net, there gunna come get me! Aliens seem more popular in America, and living in Australia i have never heard of someone encountering an ET or UFO.
I did have a dream one night, we were drving down a road that enters a small town near where i live, except the road doesnt exist. Im pretty sure it was just a dream, i had not been looking up these things recently, but, we had the radio on in the car, and they said, UFO Sighting, and we looked up and we saw a UFO in the sky, except it wasnt moving like it was a picture. I'm sure this is nothing, and i woke up, and i enjoyed the dream, I have had another dream where we were in a city and we were being chased by a ufo. We went to a kind of bunker in the city, it wasnt secure, and n e way i was sitting on a top bunk, and an alien got of the bottom bunk, i Know these are pure nightmares but still, all dreams are interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join