It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy in religion my arse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We have got used to thinking that religion should provide us with information. Is there a God? How did this world ever come into being. But this is a modern aberration. Religion was never supposed to provide answers to questions that lay within the reach of human reason. That was the role of Logos. Religion's task,closely allied to that of art, was to help us to live creatively, peacefully and even joyously with realities for which there were no easy explanations and problems that we could not solve: mortality, pain, grief,despair, and outrage at the injustice and cruelty of life..

Over the centuries, people in all cultures discovered that pushing their reasoning powers to the limit, stretching language to the end of its tether and living as selflessly and compassionately as possibile, they experieced a transcendence that enabled that them to affirm their suffering with serenity and courage. Scientific rationality can tell us why we have cancer;it can even cure us of our disease. But it cannot assuage the terror,disappointment and sorrow that come with the diagnosis, nor can it help us tp die well.that is not within its remit. Religion will not work automatically, however; it requires a great deal of effort and cannot succeed if it is facile, false, idolatrous or self - indulgent

Religion is a practical disipline

Karen armstron may be one to something here. Conspiracies in Religion My arse... lets open the floor to a more realistic dialogue

In the mean time here's a video of some folk dancing while queuing at a ATM in Brighton

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-6-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Religion was never supposed to provide answers to questions that lay within the reach of human reason. That was the role of Logos.

so the purpose of religion is to make reasonable answers out of unreasonable information.

I thought thats what politics was supposed to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Religion was never supposed to provide answers to questions that lay within the reach of human reason. That was the role of Logos.

so the purpose of religion is to make reasonable answers out of unreasonable information.

~

Thats made me smile!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

~

the sad thing is, i am not even joking.
edit on 19-6-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

~

the sad thing is, i am not even joking.

Thats made me smile even more!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Politics is many people's religion now--rationalizing (to the extent possible) irrational ideas and actions because the fall under the umbrella of a religious dogma (political ideology).

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: TzarChasm

Politics is many people's religion now--rationalizing (to the extent possible) irrational ideas and actions because the fall under the umbrella of a religious dogma (political ideology).

No, everything is a religion now.

Including dancing in the queue of an ATM.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have no idea how your summary has anything to do with the likelihood or unlikelihood that world powers who seek control will not lie and deceive as a means to attain their goals.

People as greedy as those in the seat of world power will do anyting to attain their ends and believe any means is justified in doing so. If you choose to believe those LIARS, let history repeating itself prove that to you.

And let us stop rejecting anything that our ego doesn't accept. Even my ego is wrong 4 out of 5 times. Our ego is not a mechanism for truth. It is a reflection of thoughts that we have in order to lead ourselves toward the truth. It is so important for even myself to understand that the first thing that pops in my ego is not going to be the absolute answer. But people really think that residing in their ego will help them in gaining an understanding - it doesn't, and if you have to learn that slowly over a period of years and trails before you believe in my words, so be it, but I am sure of the studies and trials I have done in order to understand how us humans become aware of the truth.

The ego and mind to me, is a liar. How many times have you witnessed somebody acting or doing an action that contradicts what they speak about? People do things as a result of their ego that they would never be truthful about. They think that acting in a separate way of what they speak will not be caught, but a keen observer is able to tell how a person is thinking and how they are acting, and compare that with the things that the person has spoken to them about their personal views and they way they believe they should act. Some of it comes down to trust. They do not trust other humans so they justify the action they are doing even if not truthful as an investigation into whether another person is being truthful or not. But every time that is the ego judging. It is clear in a Christian doctrine that us humans do not have the authority to judge people based on our beliefs about a person. We can judge them based in their fruits - the result of how they are acting which is what will allow us to determine what it is they are thinking inside. And 9 times out of 10 you will see that a person who acts like they do not hate other people, will in fact create actions that symbolize and describe the exact degree of hatred and mistrust that this person has for other people. They do not even realize that their energy permiates around them and their actions down to the finest movement and utterance are perfect enough to describe the reality that is within them which they are denying. I have spent so many years just trying to evade the wicked judgment of hypocrites and liars. It is almost impossible to find peace in a world of such people. Why are people so unrighteous. It is like a snake is really inside of their mind and keeping them from doing anything that is right. Right not by the standards of the mistrusting arrogant ego, but right by the standards of CARE, LOVE, what is JUST, GOOD, HEALING, HONEST, etc. It is like all those aspects of being right are completely blind to them and they think that being arrogant and prideful and conceited and dishonest, are actually right. Such a twisted bad human being I have seen.

top topics

join